2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1qie5m40 said:
Higuian to Arsenal makes some sense I just don't see it until RM haved moved on Bale/Suarez or other. Its not like they need to sell to buy. So right now just paper talk and connecting dots. I think its safe to say Higuian leaves and Arsenal make sense. United will too if Rooney goes As would Liverpool if Suarez leaves, although I don't think he would prefer that move

The thing with Higuain is, that there are so many rumors right now about him, that something is gonna become confirmed at some point within the next few days, if not then it will happen within a week of the transfer window officially opening. I think the one thing that is actually delaying anything is the fact that Madrid is still looking for a manager. Higuain isn't a solidified starter at Madrid and I really doubt him leaving would be a death blow to Real, they're still gonna go after Bale or Suarez regardless.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate, have to understand the transfer rumours. Most (up to 90%) are rubbish stories made up by journalists to bring traffic to their twitter or site or paper. Sure, there is some thought put forth (well RM wants a new striker and Higuian was behind Benzema so surely he's off.. which PL team needs an attacker?) But none of these people are truly in the circle that makes the request

Again, Higuian to Arsenal makes sense, (as it does for him to go to Dortmund Juve or even City/Chelsea) but RM isn't pushing him out the door without his replacement already in. Liverpool and Spurs are in position to sell (both Bale and Suarez are on long term contracts) so it would be madness to drop a top striker with the assumption one or both of those two are on their way. The rest is pure speculation and I warn you not to get your hopes up. The deal may indeed come off, but id be shocked if its before mid-late July. Remember both Bale and Suarez were all the rage two weeks ago but their speculation stopped driving traffic, so now we are onto Higuian, Cavani, etal

Thus is summer

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1fn0knf0 said:
Wanyama to Liverpool rumors appear to be gathering steam, from what I'm reading. Also supposedly a 20 million pound deal for Mhkitaryan is now almost done. We'll see.

All this midfield and attacking talent is sure nice, but what defenders are we looking at? Anything besides Ilori, Papa, and Auderweild?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":o6gxh87q said:
peachesenregalia":o6gxh87q said:
Wanyama to Liverpool rumors appear to be gathering steam, from what I'm reading. Also supposedly a 20 million pound deal for Mhkitaryan is now almost done. We'll see.

All this midfield and attacking talent is sure nice, but what defenders are we looking at? Anything besides Ilori, Papa, and Auderweild?
Couple things here.. first Wanyama would add agreat deal of depth and grit to our central midfield defending he would also give us a chance to shift into a 4231 with a lead late on, keeping either Lucas or Hendo in reserve

The second is that BRs a pupil of the Cruyff 433. This has to be understood. To see his plan he (as Barca still do) is to use possession of the ball as a means of defending. The more we have the ball the less opportunities the other team will have its why Johnson and Enrique are still on the team, and why Llori and Anderweld make more sense as CBs than Pap

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Juventus has supposed agreed to signing Man City striker Carlos Tevez. This will probably mean Juventus will halt their pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain and Steven Jovetic. I'm not saying they will stop pursuing, but they might ease up on it though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2yonmcky said:
Juventus has supposed agreed to signing Man City striker Carlos Tevez. This will probably mean Juventus will halt their pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain and Steven Jovetic. I'm not saying they will stop pursuing, but they might ease up on it though.
Tevez for 12 million is good business... and I don't think that it hinders a team from going for Higuian or Jovetic

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":4b4z63xn said:
Gatehawk":4b4z63xn said:

Tevez for 12 million is good business... and I don't think that it hinders a team from going for Higuian or Jovetic

Never said it would, but they might make other positions a higher priority now while keeping an eye on those two.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No Gate, you said "probably" but Tevez isn't the answer to any question for a top CL competitive team any longer. Great squad player and depth off the bench. At 12 million a team like Juve can still afford to grab the top drawer sriker they surely need.

I like Juventus set up (in the 352). Tevez will give them some scoring punch but they really need a top talent up top more than anywhere else I like Jovetic going their, if Cavani goes somewhere else. I think Cavani is the striker all are waiting to seal off first. Once he's done the others will follow

Lots of teams to be in the mix for these strikers once the roll starts. Bidding wars to ensue.

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders relevant rumors:

Montero to sporting Lisbon in Portugal.

Kolorav to Seattle (far fetched imo)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v4qshp6 said:
No Gate, you said "probably" but Tevez isn't the answer to any question for a top CL competitive team any longer. Great squad player and depth off the bench. At 12 million a team like Juve can still afford to grab the top drawer sriker they surely need.

I like Juventus set up (in the 352). Tevez will give them some scoring punch but they really need a top talent up top more than anywhere else I like Jovetic going their, if Cavani goes somewhere else. I think Cavani is the striker all are waiting to seal off first. Once he's done the others will follow

Lots of teams to be in the mix for these strikers once the roll starts. Bidding wars to ensue.

Yes they can go for more strikers. Problem is, after adding Tevez, they now have 6 Forwards, add to that the 5 forwards they have out on loan, you gotta think someone's being sold/sent out on loan if they want go for another one. Do you ever think about that stuff when you try to claim that I'm wrong?

Smurf

Reaction score
Lol...

Rumors are starting to get crazy....just stupid.

Robert Lewandowski rumored to fancy MLS with his prime choice being Seattle...I laughed way to hard at that one.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Smurf":ke30a6a8 said:
Lol...

Rumors are starting to get crazy....just stupid.

Robert Lewandowski rumored to fancy MLS with his prime choice being Seattle...I laughed way to hard at that one.

Okay, where are you finding these?

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Smurf":2djpny9a said:
Lol...

Why even waste the energy to type this? Better yet who is the mental midget who conjured up this verbal diarrhea?

Blueboy

Reaction score
Looks like Palace will be announcing there first 2 summer signings tomorrow!

Jerome Thomas - WBA- Free
Dwight Gayle - Peterborough Utd - £3.25m + £1.25m add-on

That'll put the fear of god in the rest of the Premier league! :th2thumbs: