2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yes they can go for more strikers. Problem is, after adding Tevez, they now have 6 Forwards, add to that the 5 forwards they have out on loan, you gotta think someone's being sold/sent out on loan if they want go for another one. Do you ever think about that stuff when you try to claim that I'm wrong?[/quote]

Gate, of the 11 strikers they have, how many are world class? Liverpool has 15 midfielders and yet have added two and are bidding on three others

Do you think about these things before you start whimpering?

Also, the window is open, and I am, well, available

Let the bidding war begin

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Arsenal have confirmed their first official signing of the summer. Sadly, it's not Higuain, it's the 20 year old Frenchman Yaya Sanogo.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3fyzo0ei said:
Arsenal have confirmed their first official signing of the summer. Sadly, it's not Higuain, it's the 20 year old Frenchman Yaya Sanogo.

Seems a little old for Arsene.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":rdqsom5a said:
Gatehawk":rdqsom5a said:

Seems a little old for Arsene.

Well we apparently signed him back when the season was ending. So maybe he was 19 when that happened. :p

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1pr12iu2 said:
Gate, of the 11 strikers they have, how many are world class? Liverpool has 15 midfielders and yet have added two and are bidding on three others

Funny how you say that and Juventus confirm Llorente as their next striker signing. Yes, he's not exactly world class, but how many more strikers do you want them to sign? All of them so nobody else has any?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2j72x4je said:
Gatehawk":2j72x4je said:
Hawkspur":2j72x4je said:
While we're on the subject of dodgy rumours, come on Arsene, get er done: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/prem ... 35201.html

Yeah, I have no idea where that came from.

The man hit for 19 goals last year

True, but I think Arsenal could do better. If they're paying £12 million then fine, but surely there are better stikers out there than Torres. From my recollection he got some pretty good service from Mata, Oscar et al and missed more out and out sitters than he scored. And that's been the same for the last 3 - 4 years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3tgwubni said:
Uncle Si":3tgwubni said:

Funny how you say that and Juventus confirm Llorente as their next striker signing. Yes, he's not exactly world class, but how many more strikers do you want them to sign? All of them so nobody else has any?

I don't care what they do what I was saying was signing Tevez didn't exclude them for going after a top drawer striker. Llorente fits that he's as good as Higuian in my opinion, or in the same conversation

Liverpool need to shore p the Armenian

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Mkhitaryan I believe will be a Red, but the complicated ownership situation is delaying things.

Any decent CDM, and a CB capable of starting 15+ league games and it will have been a splendid window.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Shelvey apparently on his way to Swansea. Good bit of business I figure for 6 million, but sad to see him go.

Blueboy

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":12r9991l said:
Shelvey apparently on his way to Swansea. Good bit of business I figure for 6 million, but sad to see him go.

Looks like Swansea over Palace, lack of ambition I feel! :sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
In out of nowhere, stupid and "WTF?!" news: Bookies have stopped taking bets on Luis Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal.

No really, and apparently Arsenal are 2nd favorites at 11/4 right behind Madrid. When did we start being linked with Hanibal Lector? When will the left field links for Arsenal stop? Next thing you know we'll be linked with signing Ronaldo and Messi the way these papers are linking us with practically everyone you can think of.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":5a2d6ehx said:
In out of nowhere, stupid and "WTF?!" news: Bookies have stopped taking bets on Luis Suarez leaving Liverpool for Arsenal.

No really, and apparently Arsenal are 2nd favorites at 11/4 right behind Madrid. When did we start being linked with Hanibal Lector? When will the left field links for Arsenal stop? Next thing you know we'll be linked with signing Ronaldo and Messi the way these papers are linking us with practically everyone you can think of.

Whatever sells papers

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":25kvs09a said:
Gatehawk":25kvs09a said:

Whatever sells papers

It's too stupid to sell papers.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
The cynic in me believes that the bookies have slashed the odds and publicized the fact that they have done so in order to stimulate activity, ie get people to give them their money.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate, you clicked on and reposted the link.. that's selling papers in the digital age. Nothing is too outlandish or so unreal that they won't put it out there to get people to click on the link (adding hits which sells add space) simple marketing

Very happy to see JJS go. I just never cared for him as a CM at Liverpool he surely deserved a chance with a premier team but his attitude and inability to take his chances cost him at Anfield.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":86rfmt4u said:
Gate, you clicked on and reposted the link.. that's selling papers in the digital age. Nothing is too outlandish or so unreal that they won't put it out there to get people to click on the link (adding hits which sells add space) simple marketing

Very happy to see JJS go. I just never cared for him as a CM at Liverpool he surely deserved a chance with a premier team but his attitude and inability to take his chances cost him at Anfield.

I like a player with a little bit of fire in his belly, but it wasn't enough. Shelvey just wasn't good enough though...He had the worst conversion rate in the premiership of all players that had actually scored, I believe it was 13%

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Nothing official till the ink is dry but Liverpool look to be losing out on Mkhitaryan to Dortmund. Can't really fault him for it either, they have UCL football and we don't.

Onward and upward. First team priorities Are CDM, CB, and overall goal scoring talent.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2ofcz4w7 said:
Nothing official till the ink is dry but Liverpool look to be losing out on Mkhitaryan to Dortmund. Can't really fault him for it either, they have UCL football and we don't.

Onward and upward. First team priorities Are CDM, CB, and overall goal scoring talent.
Not too upset if we lose out on mkh. Looks the part but feel like other options are available (Ericksen for example) if we don't go CAM we can leave Coutinho there, use Suso and Allen and go for a winger (Lamela)

CB and CDM we do have Skrtel and Leiva. I would prefer bringing in another CB and off loading Coates Waynama would be a great addition to help Leiva as well

There's this Messi kid in Spain who seems a good fit with BRs style maybe him as well?