#20 Pick JSN v Quentin Johnston

GemCity

Reaction score
Route running is very important for slot WRs. Look at some of the NFC WRs on other teams that can run routes and that is why JSN has the edge.

Keep in mind that QJ was drafted to groom and replace Keenan Allen as a boundary WR on the outside. In due time JSN may do some work as boundary WR but right now both players have different expectations.

JSN is going to attack the seem more as route running is important to make safeties pay while QJ will do his work on the boundary downfield until he further develops a more refined route tree.
100% this. If you’re physically gifted but your routes suck, the physical advantage you have might be enough to combat good coverage but, that’s not often the case.

I don’t think JSN is lacking in physical gifts. There are HOF’ers with way slower times than him. He nailed the drills that a slot receiver should excel in. I also have no doubt he can go deep.

What sets him apart is his routes. Tape of him at OSU shows him executing perfect routes, allowing the QB to get rid of the ball and place it exactly where the receiver should be while the route is still being executed. TIMING.

Well timed/executed routes and ball placement have the edge when compared to just physicality….just my opinion.

JSN has a bit of both but definitely stands out in one more than the other.

Calling it now….he has stiff competition in Bijan Robinson but I’m putting my money on JSN for Offensive ROY.