2-0 in preseason

toffee

Reaction score
W Hawks 24 - Vikings 13
W Hawks 22 - Boys 14

Our offense average 23 points, our defense 13.5 points. Totally agree pre-season isn't about win or loss, it's all about testing out schemes, plays and players. BUT WE WON, and that makes me happy. Our defense averaged 13.5 points turned my head. Rookies like Njaba, Charbonette, BoBo, have introduced themselves to the league and making a name for themselves. On the defense side, umm, Derrick Hall , anyone else?

NoGain

Reaction score
What I liked...

--We're tackling better. That's been a big weakness for us in recent years.
--Drew Lock is a pretty solid back up. The guy throws a great ball. Gotta give him that.
--I'm crossing my fingers that Boye Mafe might be a break out player this year.
--Bobo's making the team.
--There just seems to be a great vibe on the team. PC does create a great culture to play in.

There's more, but that's a start.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Mafe , bell , lindsey and actually a heck of a lot of depth, the teams looking re awakened but it's still just pre season
Gonna get a lotta guys poached from waivers
Haven't seen this depth since like uh , 10 years ago

keasley45

Reaction score
Its preseason in Seattle and its the post Wilson era. Those who want to see negative, will see it. Those who want to see positive will it.

Making declaritive statements about what this team will be in 2023 based on pre-existing bias is silly.

LTH

Reaction score
W Hawks 24 - Vikings 13
W Hawks 22 - Boys 14

Our offense average 23 points, our defense 13.5 points. Totally agree pre-season isn't about win or loss, it's all about testing out schemes, plays and players. BUT WE WON, and that makes me happy. Our defense averaged 13.5 points turned my head. Rookies like Njaba, Charbonette, BoBo, have introduced themselves to the league and making a name for themselves. On the defense side, umm, Derrick Hall , anyone else?
There is not a lot that don't about this team they have some players this year.... love the young guys! Big play Bobo probably made the team tonight. I still think this team is going to take a few games to play their best football but that doesn't mean they are going to lose most of those games... I love the spirit of this team. No doubt in my mind these guys are special and that has nothing to do with their pre season win loss record.

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
W Hawks 24 - Vikings 13
W Hawks 22 - Boys 14

The Lions and Browns both went undefeated in the pre-season, before going winless in the regular season.

Many playoff teams have had losing records in the pre-season. W-L record in pre-season is meaningless. And should never be cited, period.

It's currently being used as a cloak by some of the fandom in an attempt to hide the continued issues on defense from the scheme and players that will actually matter when the real games start.

The guys that played late into 2nd qtr through the rest of the game--the vast majority of them will be cut once the Seahawks go from 90 down to 53. Those same players decided the outcome of the game and is why pre-season record is irrelevant in the NFL.

With that being said Mafe looked incredible, and is legit the most improved player on the team. But overall Hurtt put out another dud, and will be the main topic if the Seahawks aren't winning games.

The good news is they just might win inspite of Hurtt. They have a top flight offense, and a relitively softer schedule to start the season. But if they don't win, Hurtt is going to be public enemy #1.

Scout

Reaction score
On offense it seems that they have picked up where they left off last year and this time looks more confident marching up and down the field.

Defensively I am seeing more players step up but they need to tighten up a bit. To be a top 15 run defense you need not only starters but backups on the depth chart to look the part over a 17 game regular season.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'll just say that I like what I'm seeing in preseason from our rookies and depth players. That's about the best thing a fan can ask for. They are making plays on both sides of the ball, and it's great seeing the whole team get excited and celebrate those plays, as that shows good comradry.

RiverDog

Reaction score
W Hawks 24 - Vikings 13
W Hawks 22 - Boys 14

The final scores of preseason games is completely irrelevant and is not an indicator of what our regular season might look like.

Does anyone in here remember what our preseason record was in 2009, the Mora year? 4-0. Do you remember what our regular season record was that year? 5-11.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The final scores of preseason games is completely irrelevant and is not an indicator of what our regular season might look like.

Does anyone in here remember what our preseason record was in 2009, the Mora year? 4-0. Do you remember what our regular season record was that year? 5-11.
One could also say.. look at 2012 and 2013 especially 2013.. they went 4-0 in preseason. You’re also talking about final scores but mention overall record. So do you mean score and record?

RiverDog

Reaction score
One could also say.. look at 2012 and 2013 especially 2013.. they went 4-0 in preseason. You’re also talking about final scores but mention overall record. So do you mean score and record?
What I am saying is that the final score/record is irrelevant. Preseason games are all about talent evaluation. It's all about who wins the battle, not who wins the war.

JPatera76

Reaction score
What I am saying is that the final score/record is irrelevant. Preseason games are all about talent evaluation. It's all about who wins the battle, not who wins the war.
Gotchya! Thanks for the clarification!

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Yeah, God forbid anyone even TRY'N take anything positive or enjoy anything from these preseason games, else someone come along and pee in their cheerios.
I tried really hard not to smile last night, my Wife on the other hand, didn't even try to hide her enthusiasms...Hell, I swear to the imaginary man in the sky that she damned near woke the dead with her yelling when we got that blocked punt, & again when we got that interception.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Big difference from years past seems to be depth, especially at QB. I recall games where the O looked especially inept with no Russ. Lock and Ahlers last 2 games have made plays and put points on the board.
Lots of big plays by others looking for roster spots too. A blocked punt and big punt return being 2 examples

IF there was anything that concerned me was that with a lot of our staring linemen in the game there wasn't a lot of good push in the run game and giving up a sack on the 2nd series

Jville

Reaction score
A lot to like from pre-season game 2 ............

It's inspiring to see Tyreke Smith and Ben Burr-Kirven working their way back from injury after missing so much playing time.

Both could emerge as candidates for come back player of the year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yeah, God forbid anyone even TRY'N take anything positive or enjoy anything from these preseason games, else someone come along and pee in their cheerios.
That's not the point. No one said that there wasn't anything positive. All I'm saying that it's not about the final score.