17 Points on Seahawks-Dolphins game

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest, I was calm after Russ hurt his ankle. Calm as in resigned. When Miami scored that TD, I turned to my dad and said "that's it. we can get a FG, but Russ just can't push it down the field enough to back the defense off. we're not getting in the end zone." Up to that point, Russ hadn't thrown anything more than 5 yards, and looked like he could barely move.

When Russ hit Baldwin 15 yards down field, I just felt like it was going to happen.

I'd agree on point #3 Montana. I'd said in the offseason that I wasn't too worried about the OL because we'd gone to quick passing spread offense last year, so we had experience with it, the players have chemistry together in it, and the coaching staff would feel better about going to it early if the OL struggled. Unlike last year where we had to wait until the Bye to switch things up.

What I'd really like to see is us changing up a lot, depending on opposing match ups and scheme. I think we'd be incredibly effective in pounding on a opponent's weakness, even if it's in the secondary and we have to pass a bit more.

I'd love to see us come out in 2 TE sets and just mash the ball. Pass a few times to guys like Baldwin, Lockett and Graham that can win individual battles easily. Then switch up to 3 WR sets and run it. Then go 4 wide and quick passes. Keep team guessing with down and distance. With our offensive personnel, it would be really difficult to stop if we did it right.