10 mins of why we should keep Golden Tate

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks tell Tate and his agent to go out and see what kind of money is out there after this year is over.

At this point in time, I don't see Golden getting much more than ~4.5M/yr... and that likely would be for only a couple of years... at most, three.

cover-2

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":9jxiskuh said:
cover-2":9jxiskuh said:
If Tate has another nice year, then put a 2nd round tender on him at the end of this season. He would still make good money, around $2.5 million. Then let the 2014 season be his “prove it” season, and by the end of that season if he proves to be a borderline Pro Bowl type player then reward him with a long contract. At worst we put a 2nd round tender on him after this season and he signs elsewhere. Then, all of a sudden we have an extra 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft. The 2014 draft is going to be a great draft for WR, and that additional 2nd round pick can be used to trade up in the 1st round to get a WR that we covet.

Tate isn't a RFA (Baldwin is), so they either the Hawks will reup him, franchise him or he will walk for nothing.

Oh, my bad. Then I'm all for letting Tate test the free agent market.