#1 DEF vs. #2 DAL OFF

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
'Its the preseason' isn't relevant BTW. Its a poor excuse that often handwaves problems that later on become issues when 'Lol its the regular season' hits instead.
Only used when they have no valid argument to go along with ad hominid attacks, gotta luv it.

cymatica

Reaction score
"It's pre-season!"

Is such a cop out. Conveniently it is never said when the Seahawks make plays.
No, it's not a cop out. Of course it's not said when the Seahawks make plays, lol no one does that

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I just get the feeling we will be watching many long, sustained opposing drives again this season
That is what I saw. It looked just like last season. Can't stop the run, can't get off the field on 3rd down, struggling to tackle.

Torc

Reaction score
That is what I saw. It looked just like last season. Can't stop the run, can't get off the field on 3rd down, struggling to tackle.
They've gotten off the field on third down enough to hold the cowgirls to 7 in the half.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hope the more confident fans are right.

But I remember hoping people were right about Cary Williams when I was very concerned about the preseason and everyone was assuring me things would change.

Every year it seems we have some big issue the preseason exposes, and is our albatross all year. Maybe this year will be different. Who knows.

I don't honestly care how our backups play. But if at least half our starters are in, then it may be a good indicator. So far we had starters struggling against backups. Not great either. To me, the 1st quarter is an important indicator. Sometimes the 1st half.

Sure you don't scheme as much for opponents in preseason. But that means guys just play more on instinct. That might even be worse. If your natural inclination is to make those errors, take bad angles, not shed blocks, or do a bad job of setting the edge...then it will probably be just as tough when the real kickoffs arrive.

Maybe Bobby back in there will help. Our LBs were god-awful last year, they don't look great this year either. So far, we are giving up way too many 5+ yd runs to RBs, even lower tier RBs.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
No, it's not a cop out. Of course it's not said when the Seahawks make plays, lol no one does that
That's the point.

You have to keep the same energy.

If a bad play happens. And you say it doesn't count because it's pre-season.

Then you can't turn around and laud a good play because it's pre-season, remember?

Same energy.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
They've gotten off the field on third down enough to hold the cowgirls to 7 in the half.
Yes, once the 3rd and 4th stringers checked in.

I'm referring to what it looked like when most of the starters, and rotational players were in there.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
If preseason means so much, why does 7 pts not?

I hope the more confident fans are right.

But I remember hoping people were right about Cary Williams when I was very concerned about the preseason and everyone was assuring me things would change.

Every year it seems we have some big issue the preseason exposes, and is our albatross all year. Maybe this year will be different. Who knows.

I don't honestly care how our backups play. But if at least half our starters are in, then it may be a good indicator. So far we had starters struggling against backups. Not great either. To me, the 1st quarter is an important indicator. Sometimes the 1st half.

Sure you don't scheme as much for opponents in preseason. But that means guys just play more on instinct. That might even be worse. If your natural inclination is to make those errors, take bad angles, not shed blocks, or do a bad job of setting the edge...then it will probably be just as tough when the real kickoffs arrive.

Maybe Bobby back in there will help. Our LBs were god-awful last year, they don't look great this year either. So far, we are giving up way too many 5+ yd runs to RBs, even lower tier RBs.
Excellent post.

Torc

Reaction score
Yes, once the 3rd and 4th stringers checked in.

I'm referring to what it looked like when most of the starters, and rotational players were in there.
The TD by Dallas was 11:38 into the second quarter. You know, after most of the starters were out of the game. The starting defense had a shutout.

Keep trying.

Torc

Reaction score
The TD by Dallas was 11:38 into the second quarter. You know, after most of the starters were out of the game. The starting defense had a shutout.

Keep trying.
Heh. I was reading the box score in reverse. That TD was with 11:38 LEFT in the second quarter. Still, most of the starters were out. My bad on the error but I think my point is still valid.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Heh. I was reading the box score in reverse. That TD was with 11:38 LEFT in the second quarter. Still, most of the starters were out. My bad on the error but I think my point is still valid.
What's your point? The first unit looked terrible. They gave up a 17 play drive for the TD. Hahaha.

Torc

Reaction score
Drives against the Seahawks D today:
Punt - 8 plays, 47 yards. 35 of those on one play. Guess who was defending? Michael Jackson, of course.
TD - yeah, this got ugly. 17 plays, 80 yards.
Punt - 6 plays 28 yards.
Punt - 3 & out, 9 yards.
End of half - 2 plays, negative 11 yards.

Sure, I'd love to see a shutout. I don't see that the sky is falling for the D.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Drives against the Seahawks D today:
Punt - 8 plays, 47 yards. 35 of those on one play. Guess who was defending? Michael Jackson, of course.
TD - yeah, this got ugly. 17 plays, 80 yards.
Punt - 6 plays 28 yards.
Punt - 3 & out, 9 yards.
End of half - 2 plays, negative 11 yards.

Sure, I'd love to see a shutout. I don't see that the sky is falling for the D.
Problem is they pulled the first unit after the long td drive.

A lot of 3s and 4s on the field. It's cool they've done well, but most of those guys aren't going to see the field when the real games start.

The guys struggling to get off the field on the 17 play (!) drive will be. That is my concern.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
What's your point? The first unit looked terrible. They gave up a 17 play drive for the TD. Hahaha.
Was this when the king of pop was ballin out ?

I
Problem is they pulled the first unit after the long td drive.

A lot of 3s and 4s on the field. It's cool they've done well, but most of those guys aren't going to see the field when the real games start.

The guys struggling to get off the field on the 17 play (!) drive will be. That is my concern.
the king of pop helped sustain that drive - doesn’t help his case to be a starter eh?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Was this when the king of pop was ballin out ?

I

the king of pop helped sustain that drive - doesn’t help his case to be a starter eh?
They missed tackles,.and struggled against the run, too. It was a collective failure for 17 plays that looked eerily similar to last season.