#1 DEF vs. #2 DAL OFF

Fade

Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting. Seattle is playing most of their starters on defense against DAL backups, and the same issues as last year. Can't stop the run, can't tackle in general, can't get off the field.

Need a quick hook on Hurtt, he gets 4 games to show something once the regular season starts, otherwise give him the boot.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting. Seattle is playing most of their starters on defense against DAL backups, and the same issues as last year. Can't stop the run, can't tackle in general, can't get off the field.

Need a quick hook on Hurtt, he gets 4 games to show something once the regular season starts, otherwise give him the boot.
dude... I got no words lol are you ever happy with the team?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
dude... I got no words lol are you ever happy with the team?
Are you happy with the defense being trash despite the investment?

What's going to change when the regular season starts?

Fox0r

Reaction score

No Riq no Spoon no Bobby. No Adam's. Is Dremont Jones in? Is Nwosu in?

You're a tool. Just stop posting.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We aren't just in vanilla D. Im seeing pressure from different angles, even run blitzes.

'Its the preseason' isn't relevant BTW. Its a poor excuse that often handwaves problems that later on become issues when 'Lol its the regular season' hits instead.

Our run defense seems substandard in both games so far. That's not a great sign.

Torc

Reaction score
Michael Jackson, who has singlehandedly helped extend several drives, is not a starter. Bobby Wagner is not playing. Tariq Woolen, who not only would not be the victim that MJ is but is also a very strong component of the run defense, is not playing. There are several other backups who are getting the chance to show what they can do against the opposing starters, but who will not be starters during the regular season. The coaches are trying different combinations to see how they play out. Now is the time to experiment. The defense hasn't gameplayed for their specific opponent, they're gameplanning situations.

It's preseason.
It's preseason.
It's preseason.

Not the time to get overly frustrated....or hyped.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

Ah - one or two drives and……it’s preseason - oofta

whidbeast

Reaction score
I just get the feeling we will be watching many long, sustained opposing drives again this season

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
"It's pre-season!"

Is such a cop out. Conveniently it is never said when the Seahawks make plays.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
No Riq no Spoon no Bobby. No Adam's. Is Dremont Jones in? Is Nwosu in?

You're a tool. Just stop posting.
Nwosu was out there, JREED, etc.

Looking forward to the continued damage control when the Seahawks predictably start slow on defense.

Hopefully the offense can carry them and still win games.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Michael Jackson, who has singlehandedly helped extend several drives, is not a starter. Bobby Wagner is not playing. Tariq Woolen, who not only would not be the victim that MJ is but is also a very strong component of the run defense, is not playing. There are several other backups who are getting the chance to show what they can do against the opposing starters, but who will not be starters during the regular season. The coaches are trying different combinations to see how they play out. Now is the time to experiment. The defense hasn't gameplayed for their specific opponent, they're gameplanning situations.

It's preseason.
It's preseason.
It's preseason.

Not the time to get overly frustrated....or hyped.
Totally agree. But I had to laugh at your MJ comment ... the victim he is. HA ! If he doesn't shape up a bit, I nominate that to be his official nickname. The Victim

Torc

Reaction score
"It's pre-season!"

I am ALWAYS aware, especially after the first quarter, that they're our backups playing against their backups. No, I don't go out of my way to say something, because I'm not a negative Nancy. I prefer to CHEER for my team.

JPatera76

Reaction score
"It's pre-season!"

the Cop out is you ignoring everyone as well as most importantly... The line up. Which as a few pointed out MOST OUR key players were out after the first few series or out altogether.

But please keep making up excuses to as of why they're "Trash" you must be a real a joy at parties.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We heard this all last year.
'It's the preseason'

The issues in the preseason have a funny way of being issues in the regular season. Almost every year.
It will be funny to watch how the same people are dumbfounded why we are so terrible at the thing we were terrible at in the preseason.
Happens year after year after year.
It's probably going to happen again. Because that's how things work.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
"It's pre-season!"

We heard this all last year.
'It's the preseason'

The issues in the preseason have a funny way of being issues in the regular season. Almost every year.
It will be funny to watch how the same people are dumbfounded why we are so terrible at the thing we were terrible at in the preseason.
Happens year after year after year.
It's probably going to happen again. Because that's how things work.
Wait. ALL year? We need to stop saying it’s the preseason when it is not. That’s just cookoo