Rumor mill - Hawks have signed Perrish Cox?

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":21gfo7wr said:
Wait, his name is not Adam Schefter. Seems suspicious.

True I guess we should all wait for the Mike Silver report before debunking this.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":36u65hwc said:
Coug_Hawk08":36u65hwc said:
Wait, his name is not Adam Schefter. Seems suspicious.

True I guess we should all wait for the Mike Silver report before debunking this.

Seriously though, who the heck is Jake Allan and why should we care what he says?

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Some info on Parrish Cox per Wikipedia

2010 NFL Draft
Cox was considered one the best cornerbacks available in the 2010 NFL Draft.[3][4] His draft stock dropped after a slow 40-yard dash at the NFL combine, but he was able to improve his workout numbers at OSU's Pro Day.

Denver Broncos
Cox was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fifth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played one year for the team and was released on September 3, 2011.

San Francisco 49ers

Cox signed with the San Francisco 49ers for a two-year deal on March 13, 2012. Cox was released by the 49ers on November 12, 2013 to make room on the active roster for returning ILB Nick Moody.

Off the field troubles

In August 2009, Cox was arrested for driving with a suspended license.

He was also suspended from the Cotton Bowl in his senior season by head coach Mike Gundy for violating the team curfew rule.

Cox was arrested on December 9, 2010, for felonious sexual assault and taken to a Douglas County jail. He was released on December 10 on a $50,000 bond. His sexual assault charges were classified as class three and class four felonies which carry a sentence of two years to life in prison. He faced a possible sentence of ten years to life if convicted. However, on March 2, 2012, Cox was found not guilty of sexual assault charges in Douglas County, Colorado criminal court.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If a guy's found not guilty, it really shouldn't even be brought up. The other stuff is nothing. Curfew and no license? So what? I'm unimpressed that the Broncos dumped him and the Niners.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1pk2lr7x said:
Got cut by the Niners earlier in the year. Yipee...........

Sorry to inform you that on the brink of Week 13 in the NFL that a Richard Sherman type corner is probably not chillin in free agency waiting for his phone to ring.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":30k5sac8 said:
Blitzer88":30k5sac8 said:
Got cut by the Niners earlier in the year. Yipee...........

Sorry to inform you that on the brink of Week 13 in the NFL that a Richard Sherman type corner is probably not chillin in free agency waiting for his phone to ring.

I'm just pointing out the fact the Niners don't have what is considered a strong Cb group, so how good could he be if he couldn't even cut it with them?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/22/4 ... x-90-in-90

Interesting scouting report on Cox from a few months ago. Seems like another raw-but-promising guy. Mentioned that he doesn't seem that physical within the first five yards, but then again our slot position wouldn't necessarily need as much of that. Nobody develops DBs like Pete Carroll and Kris Richard. Could be an interesting signing if it happens.

DHawk

Reaction score
What ever happened to us bringing Shead up from the PS? Or was that just a rumor/presumption?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It could be he is not a press corner. Both lane and Maxwell are.

mikeak

Reaction score
Does he do drugs?
Does he take PEDs?

If not then seems like a good option....

Remember two roster spots when Thurmonds suspension kicks in...

pinksheets

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":196kp89e said:
If a guy's found not guilty, it really shouldn't even be brought up. The other stuff is nothing. Curfew and no license? So what? I'm unimpressed that the Broncos dumped him and the Niners.
OJ didn't do it.

Demaryius Thomas testified that he saw Cox carry the unconscious woman to his bedroom. Cox told police that he didn't sleep with her at all, even though she was pregnant with his child. An immaculate conception, I guess? Dude got off on a disgusting blame the victim defense. If true, I hate this signing, and I hope he never sees the field in Seahawks blue. I hope a lot of worse things for him, in fact.