Rumor mill - Hawks have signed Perrish Cox?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pinksheets":30z244y8 said:
SalishHawkFan":30z244y8 said:
If a guy's found not guilty, it really shouldn't even be brought up. The other stuff is nothing. Curfew and no license? So what? I'm unimpressed that the Broncos dumped him and the Niners.
OJ didn't do it.

Demaryius Thomas testified that he saw Cox carry the unconscious woman to his bedroom. Cox told police that he didn't sleep with her at all, even though she was pregnant with his child. An immaculate conception, I guess? Dude got off on a disgusting blame the victim defense. If true, I hate this signing, and I hope he never sees the field in Seahawks blue. I hope a lot of worse things for him, in fact.

Yep. Felt the exact same way when the niners signed him.

As a player he'll look really good and make you think he's totally underrated and then go through horribly long stretches of just getting abused. Really incredibly inconsistent, and can look like one of your best or one of your worst players on the team from game to game.

daketah

Reaction score
pinksheets":2p6483ec said:
SalishHawkFan":2p6483ec said:
If a guy's found not guilty, it really shouldn't even be brought up. The other stuff is nothing. Curfew and no license? So what? I'm unimpressed that the Broncos dumped him and the Niners.
OJ didn't do it.

Demaryius Thomas testified that he saw Cox carry the unconscious woman to his bedroom. Cox told police that he didn't sleep with her at all, even though she was pregnant with his child. An immaculate conception, I guess? Dude got off on a disgusting blame the victim defense. If true, I hate this signing, and I hope he never sees the field in Seahawks blue. I hope a lot of worse things for him, in fact.

<Comment that gets me lumped in with the 'sanctimonious' & 'judgmental'.>

mikeak

Reaction score
pinksheets":3hc59ecy said:
SalishHawkFan":3hc59ecy said:
OJ didn't do it.

Oh it is that dude. Yeah sorry don't want him around my team. I get the whole not proven guilty but there is no law against me judging him.

daketah

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1wesu42r said:
daketah":1wesu42r said:
<Comment that gets me lumped in with the 'sanctimonious' & 'judgmental'.>

Banned for smoking weed in a state where it is legal vs rape = two different animals.

When it comes to rape, or in general, treating women like trash, I tend to be "judgmental". Every woman out there is someone's sister, daughter, mother... and deserves to be respected as such, even if they don't respect themselves.

To be clear, we agree on this.

Tical21

Reaction score
I kinda liked him. Good special teams player too. Not a cover guy but a decent football player,

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR.

I'm all for forgiveness and giving people another chance, but this guy raped a girl and denied having ever slept with her, even though she was pregnant with HIS child. I really hope the Hawks don't sign this guy.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
thebanjodude":208a41wy said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR.

I'm all for forgiveness and giving people another chance, but this guy raped a girl and denied having ever slept with her, even though she was pregnant with HIS child. I really hope the Hawks don't sign this guy.

Cox was arrested on December 9, 2010, for felonious sexual assault and taken to a Douglas County jail. He was released on December 10 on a $50,000 bond. His sexual assault charges were classified as class three and class four felonies which carry a sentence of two years to life in prison. He faced a possible sentence of ten years to life if convicted. However, on March 2, 2012, Cox was found not guilty of sexual assault charges in Douglas County, Colorado criminal court.

While Im not certain these are the same cases..... it appears he was found not guilty. Im guessing most didn't follow the case (I didn't) and also guessing most don't have knowledge of what the jury heard. Im of the opinion that when someone goes to court and is shown to be not guilty, that is the ruling.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hmmm ... well, in Pete and John we trust.

We heard DeShawn Shead's name being dropped some ... but honestly, the name that I'm surprised we didn't hear much of was Tharold Simon. If you read the reports though, perhaps he's far more of a press corner on the outside rather than a slot guy though.

We shall certainly see.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2qbeukeq said:
Hmmm ... well, in Pete and John we trust.

We heard DeShawn Shead's name being dropped some ... but honestly, the name that I'm surprised we didn't hear much of was Tharold Simon. If you read the reports though, perhaps he's far more of a press corner on the outside rather than a slot guy though.

We shall certainly see.

Tharold Simon has never played in even a preseason game. I don't think he's even ever practiced with the team before just recently. Huge leap.

hawker84

Reaction score
So what's the scoop on Winfield? Screw this Cox dude, sounds like he can't cover and has a questionable character off the field, do we really need more of the same with these dipsh*t players?

Winfield's a proven pro, from what i remember doesn't have off field problems.. I don't know just sick of it all..

kidhawk

Reaction score
DHawk":eeyc2i0m said:
What ever happened to us bringing Shead up from the PS? Or was that just a rumor/presumption?

Right now it's all rumor and speculation. The Seahawks are supposed to make an announcement today regarding Thurmond, I'd guess that will include whatever they have decided to do to take his roster spot. Also, we shouldn't forget that Browner is both injured and has a suspension supposedly hanging over his head. This may be enough to get the team to at least IR him to open up another spot on the roster. At least that's what I'm thinking will happen.