Ex Brown DT Rubin Signed by Seahawks

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I know they like to kick the tires, but this tire is threadbare.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Scottemojo":p6zzlbfn said:
I know they like to kick the tires, but this tire is threadbare.

Yeah, the Browns fans are saying he was the weak link on a D-line that was ranked last against the run last year. That's pretty bad.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the first time we signed a DL "with nothing left" only to see them have a good impact here.

I don't care what other fans say about players. Besides, he's only 28

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3i7qh2cb said:
Wouldn't be the first time we signed a DL "with nothing left" only to see them have a good impact here.

:13:

The ability of fans to evaluate interior linemen on either side of the ball is usually awful.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
JTB":u291eknr said:
Hawkfan77":u291eknr said:

The ability of fans to evaluate interior linemen on either side of the ball is usually awful.

Yes, but I guess with this guy is was pretty obvious he was bad. They say he was pushed back often by O-linemen. Got very little leverage and running lanes opened up wherever he was pushed back from. Doesn't sound like it was too difficult to see his problems.

With that said, I do trust JS and Pete to find a specific role for a player like this and that they could play him to his strengths. We have seen players that were seen as worthless come here and shine, so I'm not going to say it's a bad signing if he becomes a Seahawk. Our FO knows what it is doing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":14532ldj said:
HawkFan72":14532ldj said:
JTB":14532ldj said:
Hawkfan77":14532ldj said:

Yes, but I guess with this guy is was pretty obvious he was bad. They say he was pushed back often by O-linemen. Got very little leverage and running lanes opened up wherever he was pushed back from. Doesn't sound like it was too difficult to see his problems.

With that said, I do trust JS and Pete to find a specific role for a player like this and that they could play him to his strengths. We have seen players that were seen as worthless come here and shine, so I'm not going to say it's a bad signing if he becomes a Seahawk. Our FO knows what it is doing.

You are going to take a Browns fan's word for it?

When it is a Browns fan I know, yes. Also Browns fans that I don't know are saying the same thing in comments about this guy visiting here. If they are all saying the same thing, maybe there is some truth to it, don't you think?

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I did a little research on him and apparently he was never as productive once they went from a 4-3 to the 3-4. Also sounds like he was injured last season.

I trust in JS/PC to have a productive role for him if signed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
JTB":3aqr218y said:

That's how I feel too. If they sign him, then they see something in him that would be a fit on our line.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2k5oyusz said:
JTB":2k5oyusz said:

That's how I feel too. If they sign him, then they see something in him that would be a fit on our line.

After the last 4 years I don't see how anyone could feel differently. :roll:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
grizbob":93xqg4x7 said:
HawkFan72":93xqg4x7 said:
JTB":93xqg4x7 said:

I don't either. And yet we see it all the time on here.

two dog

Reaction score
He wouldn't be signed with big guarantees. If his game is really that deficient he
won't get out of training camp, let alone the preseason.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Especially with the expert eyes the Seahawks
management and coaches bring.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Some scouts think he would do well in our system. If the team signs off on him then I'm on board. They have a fairly good record on the D-line.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1lv9cwav said:
grizbob":1lv9cwav said:
HawkFan72":1lv9cwav said:
JTB":1lv9cwav said:

Yup, and I blame on the twitterpated society we have today :stirthepot:

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
HawkFan72":a4vo6x76 said:
grizbob":a4vo6x76 said:
HawkFan72":a4vo6x76 said:
JTB":a4vo6x76 said:

What a BS sentiment. Not directed at anyone in particular, but this recurring insinuation that we can't project how a particular player fits in with the team is an absolute killjoy. What the hell are we here for if not to channel our inner scouts/GM's? Let's just create 3 pages of threads where we salivate over Petey and Schneid's respective jocks, because we aren't worthy of talking actual football.

:idea:

Why don't we tell our resident draftniks to kiss off, too? After all, I trust our fearless leaders to pick the right players for our team, so anyone else is irrelevant.

Latest posts