Sherman MRI: Sprained elbow, should be good to go

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/557274761743458304[/tweet]

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1dib4k0s said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/557274761743458304[/tweet]

Awesome news! As long as there are no breaks or ligament tears in there, he should be fairly good to go. That said, he's undoubtedly going to be sore still come game day. I'd look for Belichick to take advantage of that. I'm thinking that Sherm will draw LaFell quite a bit and for the Patriots to throw Sherm's way to test him and see just how good that elbow actually is. Should be interesting for sure ... but great news overall.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
you gotta think Thomas is in better shape. he played hurt the second half and GB didn't do anything the entire 3rd, 4th, and OT.

Riley12

Reaction score
That "whoosh" you hear is a loud sigh of relief from the PNW.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Riley12":3riw9mis said:
That "whoosh" you hear is a loud sigh of relief from the PNW.

I'll give my whoosh after I hear Earl is OK to go.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sprains heal fairly quick depending on severity (captain obvious).

Sherm PLAYED with it after doing it so it is a non issue.

wolfpack05

Reaction score
Any idea what grade sprain he has? If it's grade 1 he should be 100% at game time. Grade 2 probably 80-100% as those take 2-4 weeks to heal. Grade 3 would be bad as those can take months to heal.

Also, how bad was earl's dislocated shoulder? Would hate for that to pop out again during the game

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
wolfpack05":3g8of07q said:
Also, how bad was earl's dislocated shoulder? Would hate for that to pop out again during the game

I heard a doctor on the radio last night talking about Earl.

He basically said Earl would have to wear a brace, similar to the one he put on after he came out of the locker room to go back into the game. The brace helps keep the shoulder in place, so that it doesn't pop out again. The downside is it restricts arm mobility........which is why Earl was having a hard time wrapping up tackles.

I'm not worried about Sherm or Earl playing, but I am worried about how effective they'll be and if they can make it another 60 minutes without re-injuring.

naholmes

Reaction score
2 weeks is a long time to heal up when receiving the best sports medicine in the world. I doubt there will be any substantial update on those injuries until the off-season.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rxrmtj6t said:
wolfpack05":rxrmtj6t said:

He basically said Earl would have to wear a brace, similar to the one he put on after he came out of the locker room to go back into the game. The brace helps keep the shoulder in place, so that it doesn't pop out again. The downside is it restricts arm mobility........which is why Earl was having a hard time wrapping up tackles.

I'm not worried about Sherm or Earl playing, but I am worried about how effective they'll be and if they can make it another 60 minutes without re-injuring.

It's potentially a bit telling that Thomas's MRI results have not been made public.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":398n272d said:
Sgt. Largent":398n272d said:
wolfpack05":398n272d said:

It's potentially a bit telling that Thomas's MRI results have not been made public.

He was at Tia Lou's celebrating the victory with some of the line after the game, couldn't exactly tell who everyone was, but he looked absolutely fine. That being said, the condition he was in there doesn't mean he's in football condition.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3bm4fmva said:
Sgt. Largent":3bm4fmva said:
wolfpack05":3bm4fmva said:

.......................ah man.............

taco40

Reaction score
When I heard about the x-rays being negative, I wasn't so concerned about the Super Bowl as the long painful nights trying to sleep with that sore arm or sore shoulder. Rolling over on those tends to wake one up abruptly.