Russell Wilson wearing playbook wristband.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I noticed that Wilson was wearing a playbook wristband during the Cardinals game this past Sunday.

Was this the first time he did this? If not, since when?

I know Russell knows his playbook the way he studies. New plays perhaps?

Anyways, thoughts on this?

RWplaybookwristband

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's just more noticeable with the white jersey and he's not wearing long sleeves.

EDIT:

I may have to rethink that thought. :?

Wilson49ersplaybook

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I just checked all the games, he didn't start wearing it until Week 12 against the Cardinals.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3e4zrqq9 said:
I just checked all the games, he didn't start wearing it until Week 12 against the Niners.

I stand corrected, seemed like a lot longer ago.

OP
OP
Hawk-A-Loogie

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2l7xft3i said:
I just checked all the games, he didn't start wearing it until Week 12 against the Niners.

Thanks for checking. I did a quick check on the SD game and he just had black wrist bands on each wrist. :|

But thanks for clarifying it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1nj9uqes said:
I just checked all the games, he didn't start wearing it until Week 12 against the Cardinals.

Interesting. I noticed it a few weeks ago and just assumed he wore it all year because he wore it at times last year too. Must just be for some new plays. The Hawks like to open up the playbook in the final quarter of the season.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think the offense has looked better since week 12. Interesting but could of course be coincidental.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
What about that theory that we play with simple offensive schemes until its crunch time, then hit em with some new stuff they never seen.

Ever since Week 12 our defense has played lights out and I think we are getting more time of possession and moving the chains more.

niveky

Reaction score
What i'm pleased about is the corresponding effect, or at least what seems to be one, between him having that playbook wristband since week 12 and the steady improvement/success the offense has continued to have since that time. They have played a lot of really good defenses and they were struggles but the offense, even against those defenses, at the very least was putting up points when the game was on the line or when they needed to put it away for good. Last night feels like a culmination of that process that I hope will keep the offense rolling throughout the playoffs.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
This last game it seemed it's been the most I've seen RW change plays/call out blitzes (assignments) since he's been in the league...I've also never seen that quick stutter step hike he was doing to beat the blitzes. If he can see the defensive formations and make those calls like that....Why has it taken so long for us to allow him to do that?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3t5o1j19 said:
This last game it seemed it's been the most I've seen RW change plays/call out blitzes (assignments) since he's been in the league...I've also never seen that quick stutter step hike he was doing to beat the blitzes. If he can see the defensive formations and make those calls like that....Why has it taken so long for us to allow him to do that?
What a great question.

No quick passing game was getting Russ killed. All the sudden we have one?

SeaChase

Reaction score
Hmm maybe taking the training wheels off and expanding the playbook..

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think it's progress with change..If something isn't working you have to change things until it does..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
niveky":117dar7q said:
What i'm pleased about is the corresponding effect, or at least what seems to be one, between him having that playbook wristband since week 12 and the steady improvement/success the offense has continued to have since that time. They have played a lot of really good defenses and they were struggles but the offense, even against those defenses, at the very least was putting up points when the game was on the line or when they needed to put it away for good. Last night feels like a culmination of that process that I hope will keep the offense rolling throughout the playoffs.
Yeah, I'm sure some people will find a way to give Bevell credit for it. :roll: