Gratz Boys...

Marvin49

Reaction score
That smarts.

Seattle clearly better tonight. Gonna go lick my wounds but Gratz on getting one in the Bay Area.

TAB420

Reaction score
Way to keep it classy. Have a good Thanksgiving Marvin.

irocdave

Reaction score
Nice to see you make this post. WTF is with Kap? Dude looks like crap, has douchbag chained him to the pocket? His best attribute is running and he didn't seem interested in doing that at all. If the NFL didn't try and keep this game close it would have been 30+ to 3. If I was a niner fan I wouldn't feel confident at all about making the playoffs. What do you think will happen in two weeks at Quest? Man, what happened to the niners, feel like I have been giving them way to much credit. They look like a shell of their former selves.

evergreen

Reaction score
Injuries and we happened. They've been squeezing out wins all year. We have too but most of our losses shouldn't have been. We're back on our upward trajectory and they're not. Much rather have Kap not run tho.

2_0_6

Reaction score
yup classy post. I have a feeling we might just see a pissed of Niner team in 2 weeks up here.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
irocdave":3sialzzg said:
Nice to see you make this post. WTF is with Kap? Dude looks like crap, has douchbag chained him to the pocket? His best attribute is running and he didn't seem interested in doing that at all. If the NFL didn't try and keep this game close it would have been 30+ to 3. If I was a niner fan I wouldn't feel confident at all about making the playoffs. What do you think will happen in two weeks at Quest? Man, what happened to the niners, feel like I have been giving them way to much credit. They look like a shell of their former selves.

I think the Seahawks have Kaps number. They're the only team that seems to be able to do this. He struggles at times vs other teams, but nothing like he does vs Seattle.

I don't think he's the entire problem either. Play calling is horrific. For some reason they seemed to think Brandon Lloyd was some kind of secret weapon against Sherman. Makes no sense. They also seem to completely abandon the read option. Hyde runs it very well. He'll hit a big run on it and then they go back into they're turtle offense.

What's worse is that they have ZERO speed at WR so a lot of their passing is into tight windows and jump balls. Against the Seahawks you have tall rangy corners who will win those battles.

Moreover they were so worried about Jonathan Zmartin getting exposed they were throwing SOOOO many short passes. Seattle just sat on them.

I think Greg a Roman is in his last year as the OC. We'll see on Harbaugh.

You question about chaining him to the pocket? Pretty much.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
evergreen":1g5ugnru said:
Injuries and we happened. They've been squeezing out wins all year. We have too but most of our losses shouldn't have been. We're back on our upward trajectory and they're not. Much rather have Kap not run tho.

Injuries played a part (in particular missing both ILBs), but that ain't why the Niners lost. They lost because they simply aren't equipped right now on offense to challenge what Seattle does on Defense.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":39wynsei said:
irocdave":39wynsei said:

I think the Seahawks have Kaps number. They're the only team that seems to be able to do this. He struggles at times vs other teams, but nothing like he does vs Seattle.

I don't think he's the entire problem either. Play calling is horrific. For some reason they seemed to think Brandon Lloyd was some kind of secret weapon against Sherman. Makes no sense. They also seem to completely abandon the read option. Hyde runs it very well. He'll hit a big run on it and then they go back into they're turtle offense.

What's worse is that they have ZERO speed at WR so a lot of their passing is into tight windows and jump balls. Against the Seahawks you have tall rangy corners who will win those battles.

Moreover they were so worried about Jonathan Zmartin getting exposed they were throwing SOOOO many short passes. Seattle just sat on them.

I think Greg a Roman is in his last year as the OC. We'll see on Harbaugh.

You question about chaining him to the pocket? Pretty much.
Stevie Johnson schooled Sherman in Buffalo...why not take advantage of that. Lloyd 4-5 yrs ago would've given Sherm fits but this guy is a shell of himself

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1ichha3s said:
yup classy post. I have a feeling we might just see a pissed of Niner team in 2 weeks up here.
Nice post Marvin..As for what Hawk Nation says above..So what if they are pissed at themselves..We play defense
like we have been,it won't matter for anyone and thats the Eagles too..

irocdave

Reaction score
Marvin, I feel for you, your team seems to be stymied by the O coordinator and a QB that doesn't get the passing game. After seeing how the Hawks played your team at home, what's your take on the Hawks going forward? I know, tough question, but honestly, where do you see the 2014 version of the Seahawks going? I as well most members hear have rose colored glasses when it comes to Hawk football. Does the defense really look like it's coming around? How about the running game. Give us a breakdown from a different view from a rival fan perspective. It helps to level the expectations of the home town crowd. I know it's hard to do but will help this forum get back to reality....

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
irocdave":211xcaf1 said:
Marvin, I feel for you, your team seems to be stymied by the O coordinator and a QB that doesn't get the passing game. After seeing how the Hawks played your team at home, what's your take on the Hawks going forward? I know, tough question, but honestly, where do you see the 2014 version of the Seahawks going? I as well most members hear have rose colored glasses when it comes to Hawk football. Does the defense really look like it's coming around? How about the running game. Give us a breakdown from a different view from a rival fan perspective. It helps to level the expectations of the home town crowd. I know it's hard to do but will help this forum get back to reality....

Kap had yet another rough game against Seattle, but it really seems to be a Seattle thing. He doesn't play this poorly against anyone else. If I were a Seahawk fan and I only saw Kap play Seattle, I'd think he was the worst QB ever.

He's actually improved several aspects of his game. Tough to say that after a terrible game like the one he played tonight, but it's true. Seattle is simply his Kryptonite right now.

Seattles fortunes moving forward? No idea. Looks like you most likely won't have to worry about SF in the playoffs tho because I'm pretty sure they'll be at home in January.

gargantual

Reaction score
irocdave":jvnnxfzs said:

Really could be the few pieces they're missing are vital ones. Look how complete our D's performances have been since Wagner has been back. It's all gelling for us now. Just gotta up our redzone efficiency.

OrFan

Reaction score
You may be the single most in denial fan I've ever "met." Having said that, you are a very loyal fan of your team. I have to respect that. A lot of Seahawk "fans" could learn from a person like yourself.

In regards to Kaep, well, I will use a reply I used in another thread about another player, you can't fix stupid.

I truly hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving. Football is a sport, there are things far more important in life than that.