You guys ready to have Norton fired yet???

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JPatera76":3oje6hbi said:
Just because they won’t doesn’t mean anything for the defense. Norton HAS TO GO. Winning doesn’t make him a genius. Especially when his defense calls mostly have the dbs line up 10yards off the receivers and then drop back about another 5–10 for free 1st downs.

I’m sorry I’m tired of it, cool so they’re not getting burned in the back.. but they’re being kept on the field and giving up 1st downs in front of them... doesn’t help.

I’d rather have a more aggressive defense. Jam the Wrs, bump them off their routes throw the timing off. It would also help some of our rushers (what we do have) hit home.

Minny has had to almost rebuild their defense and they did just fine. Why? Coaching. Not lack of talent. We have the talent we see flashes of it, it’s lapses in coaching that we have a vast amount of that needs to go bye bye with Norton.

Minnesota has a defensive line.

Dick Lebeau himself couldn't do any better here. People are just looking for the quickest possible fix and replacing one guy feels easier and quicker than replacing five.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smellyman":5tjghv9w said:
Hawkpower":5tjghv9w said:
The Breh":5tjghv9w said:
This is not a defense sustainable for a deep playoff run amongst contenders.

What about a healthy defense with Jamal Adams, Snacks and company?

Today really showed a vet DT to stuff the run is def needed.

Bobby wasn't kept clean all day, LBs were just getting washed out on runs.

Agreed.

With Russ and company, this team just needs an average defense for a deep run this year.

Not sure if our current personnel, when healthy, gives us that, but I think they could be.

LTH

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":213cblgo said:
This defense is maddening. Every time we rave about benching players, they go out and do that. Jarran Reed, Benson Mayowa, Cody Barton...what do you do?

What do you do? Believe in them!

They are making plays when they have to have them... it's not perfect but it's good enough when ya have an O like the Hawks do... those guys are phenomenal! This team is phenomenal!

LTH

PNW

Reaction score
For the amount of time our D had to be out there, they did a hell of a job, yes they weren’t perfect. But they came through when we needed them. They’re improving weather you like to admit it or not. We have a bye week now and other key players are going to join us to help us even more. Overall I would like to know what the specific complaints are? The only major thing was giving up runs (we’ve been great all year against the run) but snacks and Adams are going to help. Our Dline was great pass rush wise and we didn’t get beat over the top. I’ll also be the first one to say Barton looked good and helped us. Do you think we will magically get another LOB? That’s not very realistic, especially if you want an MVP caliber and SB winning QB. Every player on the team wants to improve. We all believe and our leadership is top notch. What team would you rather have over the Hawks? I’m sure they’ll take more bandwagon fans.

sutz

Reaction score
I know folks like to drink the Haterade around here sometimes, but I would like to point out that we were only down 13 at the half. It could have been considerably worse.

:stirthepot:

renofox

Reaction score
This defense sucks...
except when they need to make a play to win the game or give the offense a chance to win the game.

In every game so far, their overall play has been substandard BUT they've made every big play they've needed to.

I still hope and pray (and think) they'll show steady improvement this year. That's all we need to have a good chance in the post-season.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":3tenwpcp said:
I know folks like to drink the Haterade around here sometimes, but I would like to point out that we were only down 13 at the half. It could have been considerably worse.

:stirthepot:

I think our D plays with heart and prides itself on making big plays when it really matters! They have shown that all year long... Period!

LTH

ducks41468

Reaction score
the defense makes 3-5 key plays per game that hardly any other defense makes, then plays like absolute swiss cheese the other 95% of snaps. Can't imagine the trend is sustainable.

KillerB

Reaction score
As a couple of other have suggested: bring on Dan Quinn as a defensive consultant. There is no down side to that.

PNW

Reaction score
KillerB":fsjxmxr1 said:
As a couple of other have suggested: bring on Dan Quinn as a defensive consultant. There is no down side to that.
Downside is bringing an 0-5 coach who just got fired for sucking and who’s team was garbage on D to a 5-0 team.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
PNW":1qbrgxk0 said:
KillerB":1qbrgxk0 said:
Downside is bringing an 0-5 coach who just got fired for sucking and who’s team was garbage on D to a 5-0 team.

Super weird obsession over Quinn here.

Guy has mostly been a dumpster fire with a horrific defense in Atlanta.

If we are wanting to can Norton for his performance, why on earth would be panning for Quinn after his???

LTH

Reaction score
ducks41468":2cld0m3l said:
the defense makes 3-5 key plays per game that hardly any other defense makes, then plays like absolute swiss cheese the other 95% of snaps. Can't imagine the trend is sustainable.

Maybe not from a stat and odds perspective but the Seahawks are not about either of those factors... what your not considering is the mentality of this team... the resilience to believe they can get it done is a huge factor and they are living up to that.. also who says they are not going to be better after the bye...new players on the D line number 33 is back.. nothing but optimism... 5-0 first time in team history... games are not won from stats games are won from heart and big time clutch plays...

LTH

PNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2mjau9tp said:
PNW":2mjau9tp said:
KillerB":2mjau9tp said:

If we are wanting to can Norton for his performance, why on earth would be panning for Quinn after his???
Agreed!!!

Smellyman

Reaction score
PNW":3iw30ll6 said:
Hawkpower":3iw30ll6 said:
PNW":3iw30ll6 said:
KillerB":3iw30ll6 said:

Agreed!!!

Thirded.

if Norton was DC during the Quinn era, the D is most likely just as dominant. With that talent, not much had to be done and Bradley was more responsible for it if anything.

That being said I wouldn't mind a shakeup and if they think it's Quinn I hope they pull the trigger. Most likely nothing will be done til after the season though. :(

Snacks and Adams is what we have to hope for.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
PNW":3htq6z2u said:
For the amount of time our D had to be out there, they did a hell of a job, yes they weren’t perfect. But they came through when we needed them. They’re improving weather you like to admit it or not. We have a bye week now and other key players are going to join us to help us even more. Overall I would like to know what the specific complaints are? The only major thing was giving up runs (we’ve been great all year against the run) but snacks and Adams are going to help. Our Dline was great pass rush wise and we didn’t get beat over the top. I’ll also be the first one to say Barton looked good and helped us. Do you think we will magically get another LOB? That’s not very realistic, especially if you want an MVP caliber and SB winning QB. Every player on the team wants to improve. We all believe and our leadership is top notch. What team would you rather have over the Hawks? I’m sure they’ll take more bandwagon fans.

How are you defending this defense? Its awful. I'm talking bottom of the league terrible garbage. Sure, they make a crucial play once in awhile after they have allowed themselves to be put in those positions to start with. I'm sorry, but they stunk when Adams was healthy and they will continue to stink when he comes back. Teams go up and down the field at will and average close to 500 yards a game against this defense. Wilson's ability to part seas and walk through lion dens unscathed isnt going to last. You know a defense sucks when the other team has 30 or so seconds left in the game and you're still worried its too much time. This defense is one of the worst i've ever seen in any type of organized football. Its truly awful and will be our downfall.

I dont place all the blame on Norton (oh he needs to go but its not all his fault), when Pete and the FO knew that the Dline and pass rush was the biggest weakness on the team and they did little to nothing to fix it. They deserve most of the blame.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not a fan of Norton anymore BUT they were without Adam’s who would have brought more pressure and likely forced Cousins into another mistake or 2. Also heard on Sirius radio that Seattle was 2nd in league in takeaways???

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not a fan of Norton anymore BUT they were without Adam’s who would have brought more pressure and likely forced Cousins into another mistake or 2. Also heard on Sirius radio that Seattle was 2nd in league in takeaways???

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't the players. It is the scheme.

We are leaving short and medium stuff wide open.

We don't want to give up big plays but that might be better.

The current approach keeps our D on the field, uses our own clock, and assures the other team is likely to score - all the while limiting touches by our offense.

Our DC is and will continue to be the problem until he is gone.