You guys need to take a breath

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Take a step back.

Seattle got here with IMO two moves: trading for Harvin and Graham. The Seahawks became what they became because of how well they drafted. Both these trades were more or less busts and prevented Seattle from getting talented young players (assuming they hit on the picks, which is not a guarantee I admit).

I get potentially not wanting Pete back, but really, it all comes down to drafting, and my guess is there won't be anymore trades like that.

How you feel about the Seahawks future should be as simple as this: do you believe in Wilson?

If you do, it's time for Seattle to change their identity. Shed some of the bloated salaries on defense, and address the offensive line, WR position and RB position. Load up around Wilson.

Wagner and some young guys can carry that defense to middle of the pack.

This year blitz the offense, next year address the defense.

The Rams acquired an elite LT, a decent center, and upgrades at 3 WR positions in one offseason. That's borderline miraculous, but that's the kind of infusion Seattle needs.

It would help if the OC got fired, but there were a handful of games this year where the offense wasn't an issue.

If you believe in Wilson, you guys are in better shape than half the teams in the NFL already.

original poster

Reaction score
Appreciate the post.

Always interesting hearing the opinions of someone not invested in the team.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
You didn’t even mention the biggest reason for the Rams’ turnaround: coaching. They hired a young offensive minded coach who is not afraid to innovate and scheme to the strengths of his players. Here we have Pete, Bevs, and Tom, the 3 stooges. The NFL offensive coaching staff most resistant to innovation and gameplaning. If we keep the 3 stooges, this team will never meaningfully improve.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
harvin was a long time ago played like what 3 games while he was here now jimmy G is a big one but i still blame the coaching staff for that, the guy was a machine in NORL and we just didnt know what to do with him granted he drops some stupid catch's but when we start to use him he's the man and the more i look at the shambles the more it is on the coaching staff just go through the roster some damn good players there imo its become routine nobody is held accountable its like a big boys meet up camp no repercusions for anything how we gonna keep playing ifedi ?? from the start he became a penalty machine wiping out any good work the o line did now tell me why nobody came down hard on him this happens every game, who is coaching this guy. man i could go on with the others but im on my 5th keyboard this year

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2iey2mcl said:
You didn’t even mention the biggest reason for the Rams’ turnaround: coaching. They hired a young offensive minded coach who is not afraid to innovate and scheme to the strengths of his players. Here we have Pete, Bevs, and Tom, the 3 stooges. The NFL offensive coaching staff most resistant to innovation and gameplaning. If we keep the 3 stooges, this team will never meaningfully improve.

The Rams will have to sustain success for 5 years like we have. We'll see

Beren

Reaction score
Build around Wagner and KJ Wright IMO.

Say a sincere thank you for the good times to Kam, Sherman, Avril and Bennett.

I'd keep Thomas too if he wants to play on.

Most importantly: coaching changes.

original poster

Reaction score
Beren":1ve0nir6 said:

This team needs to be built around the QB IMO, not a middle and outside linebacker.

Although I get building the defense around Wagner (and Earl).

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
original poster":jzxvzlod said:
Beren":jzxvzlod said:

This team needs to be built around the QB IMO, not a middle and outside linebacker.

Although I get building the defense around Wagner (and Earl).

Yea. If I were a Seahawks fan, I would be really excited about what Wilson has done this season. Has a Seahawks QB ever lead the NFL in passing TDs? Wilson might.

With one good WR, no run game whatsoever, an up and down/below average offensive line.

And an elite middle linebacker. Seattle will be fine next year if they add offensive talent.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2x62vvxw said:
Missing_Clink":2x62vvxw said:

The Rams will have to sustain success for 5 years like we have. We'll see

The Rams have had the talent. They had an inept coach and sheme at the helm in Fisher. Enter Sean Mcvay. A young an innovative coach. If you missed it I'm sorry, but all the Rams needed was a new leader to put it all into perspective. Sound familiar?

If you don't think the torch has been passed onto another team in the division, just wait...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":50av7j8i said:

Yes McVays been great for them. But you are wrong. THE BIGGEST reason for the Rams turn around is they've been utter garbage for about 10 years, drafting in the top 10 year after year after year helps.

Goff, no. 1 overall
Gurley top 10
Donald top 13
Brockers top 14
Quinn top 14

ivotuk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":jescwmry said:
Missing_Clink":jescwmry said:

Yes McVays been great for them. But you are wrong. THE BIGGEST reason for the Rams turn around is they've been utter garbage for about 10 years, drafting in the top 10 year after year after year helps.

Goff, no. 1 overall
Gurley top 10
Donald top 13
Brockers top 14
Quinn top 14

Great post Ramfan.

And wazzu has it right also, drafting high year in and year out helps. But the biggest thing IMHO was them addressing the offensive line, EARLY in the year.

I think the Seahawks will bounce back.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Every year we have a FA signing that ends up stripping our cap thinner and producing nothing.

For every Bennet or Lynch we get 2-3 Joekel, Cary Williams, Harvin or Lacy.

Even Graham required a trade that gutted our run game and stripped us of potentially useful early round picks.

There will be more bad FA signings and more bad trades. We have a clear track record on this.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2svs5yqv said:
Take a step back.

Seattle got here with IMO two moves: trading for Harvin and Graham. The Seahawks became what they became because of how well they drafted. Both these trades were more or less busts and prevented Seattle from getting talented young players (assuming they hit on the picks, which is not a guarantee I admit).

I get potentially not wanting Pete back, but really, it all comes down to drafting, and my guess is there won't be anymore trades like that.

How you feel about the Seahawks future should be as simple as this: do you believe in Wilson?

If you do, it's time for Seattle to change their identity. Shed some of the bloated salaries on defense, and address the offensive line, WR position and RB position. Load up around Wilson.

The Rams acquired an elite LT, a decent center, and upgrades at 3 WR positions in one offseason. That's borderline miraculous, but that's the kind of infusion Seattle needs.

It would help if the OC got fired, but there were a handful of games this year where the offense wasn't an issue.

If you believe in Wilson, you guys are in better shape than half the teams in the NFL already.

Don't tell us what to do Ramfan!

You may have been fine with picking top 10 in every draft for the last eleventy-two years to complete your "borderline miraculous" rebuild but we aren't down with that...

:17:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":2zjwqih5 said:
Don't tell us what to do Ramfan!

You may have been fine with picking top 10 in every draft for the last eleventy-two years to complete your "borderline miraculous" rebuild but we aren't down with that...

:17:

Well I sure hope you took a big breath before you posted that! :sarcasm_off:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1aazbfgw said:
Take a step back.

No there was a plethora of moves that did (or did not) happen that also led to what happened

- Bevell should have been fired after SB 49 as a chance to RESTART and they did not.
- Chancellor should have been traded 2 years ago especially after his hold out. His production was not going to get any better and he was going to end up with more injuries. His draft stock is now worth nothing.
- Sherman should have been traded this last off season especially after he proved he thinks hes equal footing with the coaching, his draft stock also took a huge hit.

- BTW the above is very cold hearted, but JS and PC should be making business decisions when it comes to "win forever".

Buckle up, we got a couple more hard years ahead of us, and the hope is they right the ship with RW still in one piece and playing at a high level.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Oh yay with Wagner we can hope to have a middle of the pack defense? Hey bud, healthy secondary we beat you at your home. We will finish over .500 again, our defense has been flat dominant at times this year. Love how an asswhooping like that gives rise to over bravado. Win something this year and come back and talk.

Latest posts