You guys crack me up

Hawker55

Reaction score
RW needs to go? And bring in who? Name me one QB in the league that could function behind this turnstile of an O line and under our coaching and succeed as much as Wilson has. Just one, I'll wait...

Do you realize how hard it is to find a franchise qb, hell it took us from 1976 to 2011. That's 35 years. And please don't say Hassleback. He was good , but he was no Aaron Roger's or Tom Brady.

I don't think some of you are thinking this through. Wilson is not broken, nor is he bad. First off he's still hurt, and he is playing in a system that is not conducive to his style of play, and does not put him in positions to succeed near often enough.

Why can't this coaching staff understand that 3rd and longs are a death sentence for this offense? Why can't they develope a real screen game? Why can't they stop running on 2nd and longs? At least they didn't call a bubble screen, or did they?

I mean the list goes on. I said it before and I'll say it again, put Wilson in good system behind a real O line, then will you see what he's capable of. To be honest I feel sorry for him wasting his career under Pete. Ya he's rich but he wants that legacy tag, and he's not going to get it under Carroll.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Glad everyone cracks you up, but your post says a whole lot of nothing.

The OL doesn't look like as much of a turnstile when the quarterback shows a desire to actually throw from a clean pocket, rather than panicking and pirouetting into a defensive end as Russ does thrice a game.

He has no internal clock.

He needs a rushing game to be an efficient quarterback, because he simply cannot be relied on to keep the offense on schedule.

If he isn't willing to accept that without telling Heaps to tweet how angry he is, I think it's time to move on. Take the haul and cut bait. He's 33 and only getting worse.

OP
OP
Hawker55

Hawker55

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":30nsic0g said:

The OL doesn't look like as much of a turnstile when the quarterback shows a desire to actually throw from a clean pocket, rather than panicking and pirouetting into a defensive end as Russ does thrice a game.

He needs a rushing game to be an efficient quarterback, because he simply cannot be relied on to keep the offense on schedule.

If he isn't willing to accept that without telling Heaps to tweet how angry he is, I think it's time to move on. Take the haul and cut bait. He's 33 and only getting worse.

We can agree to whole heartedly disagree. And please feel free to point out where I'm wrong. And I'm still waiting for that list of other QBs since he's so replaceable.

He has no internal clock? How does one develope an internal clock when your running for your life from the snap your entire career?

This offensive line is not a turnstile? That's just laughable and I'll leave it at that. Sad part is this is one of the better lines he's had since the SB. Which by the way was a crap line as well.

He needs a running game? Now you just sound like every talking head? Well of course he does, every QB does.. But how many 4th quarter drives does He have under his belt, where they had to rely on his passing?

Who would you put in over him behind our O line if we needed a winning 4th quarter drive? Give me 5. And then stack up his numbers to all of them. Bet he comes out looking pretty good. You see what happens to Brady and Roger's when you can pressure them all game.

Has he looked bad this year, heck frustrating as hell at times, sure has. Trust me,, I'm not a fan of RW, but to say he's replaceable at this stage in his career is pure nonsense...

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Hawker55":1sh26443 said:
Maelstrom787":1sh26443 said:

We can agree to whole heartedly disagree. And please feel free to point out where I'm wrong. And I'm still waiting for that list of other QBs since he's so replaceable.

He has no internal clock? How does one develope an internal clock when your running for your life from the snap your entire career?

This offensive line is not a turnstile? That's just laughable and I'll leave it at that. Sad part is this is one of the better lines he's had since the SB. Which by the way was a crap line as well.

He needs a running game? Now you just sound like every talking head? Well of course he does, every QB does.. But how many 4th quarter drives does He have under his belt, where they had to rely on his passing?

Who would you put in over him behind our O line if we needed a winning 4th quarter drive? Give me 5. And then stack up his numbers to all of them. Bet he comes out looking pretty good. You see what happens to Brady and Roger's when you can pressure them all game.

Has he looked bad this year, heck frustrating as hell at times, sure has. Trust me,, I'm not a fan of RW, but to say he's replaceable at this stage in his career is pure nonsense...

^^^ Amen to that, brother.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawker55":14zae567 said:

I'm buying what you are selling. Preach it brother.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
- Russell Wilson is being paid like a top 5 elite QB, he is not playing like one. If you're being honest with yourself, he hasn't played like an elite QB for almost a full year now.

- Three coordinators in four years. Maybe it's not the coordinator, maybe it's the QB.

- This team is not sniffing the playoffs, let alone the SB with more years of the Pete and Russ show.

- Russell's been 90% healthy now for almost a month, and we've still lost to bad teams and squandered an opportunity to get back into the playoff hunt and show ownership that this team is worth keeping together.

It's not.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hawker55":a6srfm0b said:

This 10000%. I expect Jodi to probably keep Pete and shop Russ because thats the typical Seattle thing to do and then Pete will revert back to his sub .500 winning ways with whatever QB is brought in to be the so called savior. Fans will rejoice when the new QB does nothing but hit the 4 yard check downs all game long.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
You can never replace RW. But's time to move on from him. The way a lot of you sound is like you want what's happening in Pittsburgh to happen here as well. At some point you have to move on and the time is now. I came on this forum last year and said that this team will be looking at a few down years and I got cussed out. Well it's coming too pass

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2obx9sp9 said:
Hawker55":2obx9sp9 said:

This 10000%. I expect Jodi to probably keep Pete and shop Russ because thats the typical Seattle thing to do and then Pete will revert back to his sub .500 winning ways with whatever QB is brought in to be the so called savior. Fans will rejoice when the new QB does nothing but hit the 4 yard check downs all game long.

Penny's ran for over 100 yards twice in the past three weeks, and the O-line had their best pass pro game in almost two years against the Rams.

Stop making excuses for Russell. He has plenty of talent around him to not be playing as poorly as he's played the past year.

You don't want him gone, fine. I get it, it's a risky move.

But enough already with the excuses. He's stunk. Period.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12iverm8 said:
pittpnthrs":12iverm8 said:
Hawker55":12iverm8 said:

Penny's ran for over 100 yards twice in the past three weeks, and the O-line had their best pass pro game in almost two years against the Rams.

Stop making excuses for Russell. He has plenty of talent around him to not be playing as poorly as he's played the past year.

Like I said, get rid of him and replace him with another QB and enjoy the results. Yeah, he's played bad for a year and half now. He can no longer overcome Carrolls way of things. Is that his fault or Petes? Good luck to the front office in finding another QB that can.

Speaking of Penny, I fully expect him to get a nice new contract if Pete stays. Nevermind that he'll be injured through almost all of it, but hey, he ran for 100 yards twice in three weeks right?

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1sr3c85h said:
pittpnthrs":1sr3c85h said:
Hawker55":1sr3c85h said:

This 10000%. I expect Jodi to probably keep Pete and shop Russ because that's the typical Seattle thing to do and then Pete will revert back to his sub .500 winning ways with whatever QB is brought in to be the so called savior. Fans will rejoice when the new QB does nothing but hit the 4 yard check downs all game long.

Yeah I'm with you on this as well. We don't even have to go further back than the Bears game, really:

Nick Foles was sacked 4X, we had 9 QB hits on him, and we were in his backfield for 8 other TFLs! That's a LOT OF PRESSURE. But...alas, a 3rd string QB, playing on the road, in the snow, without an NFL snap in over a year....still persevered through it and led his team to a win.

Russell, on the other hand, was sacked 2X, took 7 QB hits, and the Bears were not in our backfield enough to get more than 2 TFLs. I was at the game....Russell didn't seem to be under a lot of pressure very often at all, to be honest. several plays he had days to throw the ball and effectively checked down to Dallas and Everett several times. When you've got time to check down to your 3rd/4th receiver...you've got a lot of time.

So...I'm not quite understanding the logic about our offensive line and the pressure on Russell. It really isn't that bad. He PURPOSELY did not take the check-down to Dallas on the sack play...a decision that doesn't have anything to do with any of the points being made by Hawker55. He made a choice in real time to try and be the hero instead of conceding that to another player and taking the FG.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2r27c08e said:
Sgt. Largent":2r27c08e said:
pittpnthrs":2r27c08e said:
Hawker55":2r27c08e said:

Like I said, get rid of him and replace him with another QB and enjoy the results. Yeah, he's played bad for a year and half now. He can no longer overcome Carrolls way of things. Is that his fault or Petes? Good luck to the front office in finding another QB that can.

Speaking of Penny, I fully expect him to get a nice new contract if Pete stays. Nevermind that he'll be injured through almost all of it, but hey, he ran for 100 yards twice in three weeks right?

Are you enjoying the results now, we're 5-10.

What, you think it'll be different next year with this dumpster fire of dysfunction still in tact?

If ownership wants to fire Pete and see if another coach can come in and resurrect Russell? Sure, I'm for giving that a shot for a year or two.

But 2-3 more years of the Russ and Pete show? No thanks.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":16q6kca2 said:
Sgt. Largent":16q6kca2 said:
pittpnthrs":16q6kca2 said:
Hawker55":16q6kca2 said:

Can't overcome Carroll's way of things? Carroll's way of things would have been to throw that ball OB instead of taking a sack there...and settle for a FG. He decided NOT to go with Carroll's way of things...so you tell me...is that his fault or Pete's?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t get why fans believe you cannot have a QB if Wilson isn’t your QB.

Like, why is it only Wilson that has to be your one and only QB until the end of time?

At some point, you need to move on.

Wilson isn’t playing like a top QB. And his chemistry with the head coach and his teammates seem to be broken and perhaps irreparable.

Some fans believe you cannot find a QB easily, well, if you keep a declining QB, which he has declined alot, because you are scared to move on and find a new young QB, you are never going to have another franchise QB again.

Teams move on and players move on.

You can’t be afraid to make moves, cause if you don’t, it will never get better.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Although I do like Adams, so far the trade isn't looking to good. Deal Wagner and Russ, spread some of that cash around and maybe bring in better competition at the offensive line position and go get Desmond Ridder. Or.. keep everyone and try again next year.

Rat

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2fb353ly said:
Although I do like Adams, so far the trade isn't looking to good. Deal Wagner and Russ, spread some of that cash around and maybe bring in better competition at the offensive line position and go get Desmond Ridder. Or.. keep everyone and try again next year.

I can't see Wags bringing anything more than a third round pick, if even that. I think his leadership is more valuable to us than the trade compensation he'd draw.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2mq6jlaf said:
pittpnthrs":2mq6jlaf said:
Sgt. Largent":2mq6jlaf said:
pittpnthrs":2mq6jlaf said:

Can't overcome Carroll's way of things? Carroll's way of things would have been to throw that ball OB instead of taking a sack there...and settle for a FG. He decided NOT to go with Carroll's way of things...so you tell me...is that his fault or Pete's?

Carrolls way of things are why the teams in the predicament thats it in to begin with. Wilson has been conditioned by Pete Ball for so many years now that he's broken. Keep the games close, dont throw over the middle due to turnovers, run for your life due to crap lines and be expected to make plays while doing it, live and die by the run and chunk plays even if they arent working, rely on the defense that hasent been good for years now, and pull rabbits out of the hat in the 4th to somehow win games they should have no business winning. Like I said, no its not working anymore, and good luck finding a QB that can make it work, because its not going to happen. Who do you replace? A fossil thats never going to change or a generational player that cant work within the grey haired guys confines anymore?

So should Wilson have thrown the ball out of bounds or checked down to Dallas,,,,sure, but he was never conditioned to do that. It has always been about making plays because he has always had to. He took a sack but it was still a very makeable kick that Myers just missed. Oh well.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2dsagy7x said:
LoneHawkFan":2dsagy7x said:
pittpnthrs":2dsagy7x said:
Sgt. Largent":2dsagy7x said:

Carrolls way of things are why the teams in the predicament that's it in to begin with. Wilson has been conditioned by Pete Ball for so many years now that he's broken. Keep the games close, don't throw over the middle due to turnovers, run for your life due to crap lines and be expected to make plays while doing it, live and die by the run and chunk plays even if they arent working, rely on the defense that hasn't been good for years now, and pull rabbits out of the hat in the 4th to somehow win games they should have no business winning. Like I said, no its not working anymore, and good luck finding a QB that can make it work, because its not going to happen. Who do you replace? A fossil thats never going to change or a generational player that cant work within the grey haired guys confines anymore?

I'm no fan at all of Pete Carroll, to start, and I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I see Russell as extremely narcissistic (so is Pete, I get it) - in addition to being a great QB- and that ego is what drives his real-time decisions on plays like that sack. There was another play with around 4:00 to go when we were up 7 and were milking the clock that we snapped the ball with 25 seconds on the play clock after Russell went with a no-huddle after converting for a 1st down! I just don't get it.

Ultimately, I just don't see Russell executing the plays like a top5QB does. Foles executed his offense- with Cole Kmet, Jimmy Graham, Devin Singletary, and Darnell Mooney- to a 24/35/5.9 efficiency in the snow and wind, on the road with a 3rd-sttring QB who hasn't taken a snap in a year and a run-game that we stuffed all game (30/88/2.9).

Is Russell that hamstrung by Pete? oh hell no. He is simply not executing the individual plays at a level expected of a top5 QB. He had all day to throw yesterday, for the most part. I was there and watched and he has guys open- and he hit check-downs great yesterday. He was inaccurate- noticeably less accurate than Foles. He just doesn't look to be executing at the highest level consistently. And top5 QBs should be doing that on days when we could essentially run the ball at will (24/170/7.1). The decision to take the sack there happens so often it makes me sick. That is NOT Pete Ball- that is Russell and his ego on full display.

Boycie

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":10hyy3n9 said:
I don’t get why fans believe you cannot have a QB if Wilson isn’t your QB.

Like, why is it only Wilson that has to be your one and only QB until the end of time?

At some point, you need to move on.

Wilson isn’t playing like a top QB. And his chemistry with the head coach and his teammates seem to be broken and perhaps irreparable.

Some fans believe you cannot find a QB easily, well, if you keep a declining QB, which he has declined alot, because you are scared to move on and find a new young QB, you are never going to have another franchise QB again.

Teams move on and players move on.

You can’t be afraid to make moves, cause if you don’t, it will never get better.

Russell had his best success when he was a threat to run the ball himself, but for years now, he wants to be regarded as pocket passer and abandon the QB keep and run, and this has made it easier on defenses to game plan for him. He isn't a Brady or Rodgers, so maybe it is time to trade him to rebuild, because he is only going to decline more. I have always been a fan of RW, and would like to see him get his jersey retired, but hard decisions have to be made if this team wants to get back to becoming a contender again, and that might mean not just a QB change, but a front office sweep as well?

Throwdown

Reaction score
The fact that DK isn’t doing much lately aside from one play yesterday should be a war crime, and Russ should be held accountable for it. There’s no reason at all why it should be like this, none at all. Dude can’t read a defense and gets happy feet and runs himself into pressure. He sucks now.