You Can Keep 5 Offensive Players

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not necessarily out , he's in his 30s and will probably start regressing. JSN is the future .

Sigh. I am going to miss Lockett. Stellar human being and player. He will fall into the category in my heart of players like Bobby Engram and Doug Baldwin. Incredibly underrated players who were truly some of the best at their position even if they didn't get the recognition from the outside world.

flv2

Reaction score
I kinda/sorta understand that this is a game but the team is going to retain contributors on rookie contracts. Metcalf has a below market value year upcoming on his deal so he also stays barring a trade haul. Charbonnet isn't particularly valuable so for thread purposes he's out...but not really.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The elephant in the room is Abe Lucas’ knee. If healthy, he’s a lock. But that’s a big question mark.

JSN - no brainer
Cross - will continue to improve
DK - beast
K9 - what would he look like behind the 2005 Seahawks line??? Damn.
I’ll throw in Bradford, for toughness and attitude. That guy pancakes his fair share and as a rookie, he’ll improve. I know, not a premium position, but the lack of toughness this season make Bradford attractive. I want dawgs!! Go throat punch some chumps. I considered Olu Olu, but he has played enough to really see if the pieces are there or not. I think he ultimately comes the center of the future.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The elephant in the room is Abe Lucas’ knee. If healthy, he’s a lock. But that’s a big question mark.

JSN - no brainer
DK - beast
I’ll throw in Bradford, for toughness and attitude. That guy pancakes his fair share and as a rookie, he’ll improve. I know, not a premium position, but the lack of toughness this season make Bradford attractive. I want dawgs!! Go throat punch some chumps. I considered Olu Olu, but he has played enough to really see if the pieces are there or not. I think he ultimately comes the center of the future.
Saw this on twitter and had to share. Enjoy.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Swap Lucas for Bobo or Parkinson if Lucas' knee isn't going to be ok?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Not necessarily out , he's in his 30s and will probably start regressing. JSN is the future .

This is a little more difficult than the defense. I don't think the offense is that far away . Just imagine if they had a healthy established line ?

Has anyone mentioned the TE situation?
Id like them to keep Fant or Parkinson.

Then.... Actually use them .
Love Lockett, but at $18 mil/year? Damn!

P.S. I like Parkinson also

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lockett, DK, Walker III, JSN, Charbs

I would have chosen Cross (struggled mightily last season) and Lucas (oft injured) but for the reasons listed they don't qualify in my top 5 on offense.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As flv mentioned this is a different question that asking about our best offensive players. The players who we would actually keep if something like this happened in real life (ie. expansion draft) would be the ones with the best surplus value ([projected performance value - contract value] * contract duration). That wouldn't include DK, who despite being the best in my view has a 24.5mil cap hit this year. Great player paid like a great player; not a highly valuable contract.

I suspect this thread could get to 50+ pages without anybody mentioning the offensive player who had the highest 2023 OTC Valuation relative to his upcoming cap hit this season. That player has a 1.1m cap hit this upcoming season and had a 2023 OTC Valuation of $4.12m (+2.65m value). Not one of the five I would keep but still an interesting wrinkle.

Lucas and Cross would be two of the obvious players if not for the questions around them. With Lucas it's about the knee issue and surgery. Meanwhile, Cross's ineffective rookie run blocking slipped further last year rather than improving and I'd want to know why.

The five I would keep right now: JSN, Bradford, Olu, Bobo, Charbs. Walker barely misses the cut due to the shorter contract and I am slightly devaluing 2024 in the hope that we rebuild a bit.

Weadoption

Reaction score
any list that doesn’t include DK is ?
that being said, we should trade DK for picks in this draft.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score

JSN - no brainer
DK - beast
Bradford is a mean sob. Almost every game, he was in someone’s face. That’s the attitude I love for an OL.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Geno 4x and Drew Lock, just to have someone warm the bench.

Latest posts