Would You do this DK trade?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Baldwin and Kupp were/are both fantastic players that way out preformed their draft status (especially undrafted FA Baldwin).

The price tag for players is insane. I agree that paying both Lockett and DK top dollar is not sustainable if we want to field a competitive team past this year… unless this team fields a cheaper QB. Couple that with the cap jumping up and then consider Lockett has other interests outside of football and could retire in the next couple of seasons, well who knows.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Or...

We could go the other way, give DK a giant contract and make it completely guaranteed.

That would blow up the salary cap, make other WRs demand to negotiate theirs, and it wouldn't matter who your QB is because nobody would be able to keep their top players.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Baldwin and Kupp were/are both fantastic players that way out preformed their draft status (especially undrafted FA Baldwin).

The price tag for players is insane. I agree that paying both Lockett and DK top dollar is not sustainable if we want to field a competitive team past this year… unless this team fields a cheaper QB. Couple that with the cap jumping up and then consider Lockett has other interests outside of football and could retire in the next couple of seasons, well who knows.
The reason I mentioned Kupp and Baldwin...along with a ton of other similar wide receivers...is that you don't have to be an Olympic class athlete like Metcalf is in order to play the position. IMO it is the most over rated position on the field (and please don't be a smart Alec and say place kick holder).

Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen. No sense breaking the bank for them.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They are and they aren't. When we had Baldwin you don't remember our regular search for a true #1? We were searching for years.

I loved/love Baldwin. One of my favorite Hawks ever, but we needed that #1. We sure didn't miss out for lack of trying.

And Kupp is very Largentesque but the Rams would have never won without OBJ. Woods was mediocre at best. Before OBJ, WR was one of the Ram weaknesses. Once they had someone to take the top off the defense, it opened a lot up.

True #1s take a lot of the coverage with them, making it much easier on the rest of your WRs.

And they might be easy for everyone else but we tend to struggle to find them. It was a sigh of relief when we found out that Metcalf was going to stick here.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Well said Twisted, dang autocorrect!

I’ll add, when Tate left everyone thought no biggie, until the realization that we didn’t have a physical presence outside.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Imagine DK in a couple years, gelling with our young qbotf, re-built lines and otherwise re-tooled roster. Now THAT is worth waiting for. Patience people, patience.

lakerfanx6

Reaction score
Trade DK for sure. To Detroit for a swap of the 2nd and 9th pick. Detroit sends us #32, #34 and a 2023 #2

lakerfanx6

Reaction score
Or trade to the Jets for a swap of #4 and #9 with the jets adding #35 and #38. That gives the Hawks #4 -#35-#38-#40- #41

djb28

Reaction score
You go years to find players like what we have and you want to get rid of them? WTF is wrong with this Team?

lakerfanx6

Reaction score
You go years to find players like what we have and you want to get rid of them? WTF is wrong with this Team?
They don't have the pieces to be successful. It will take a younger group through the draft and then hitting on the major upcoming FA's. I'd rather go young and have the flexibility than to keep Russell, who wants his legacy stroked. JMO

chris98251

Reaction score
Not the team, the instant gratification Fantasy football league people that should start their own forum and let people actually discuss things.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I like this new Penny but I just cant trust that he'll hold up. So (won't happen but) I'd love Kamara and that 16 from the Saints for DK.

I don't anticipate Kamara being found guilty and I doubt there will be any suspension for him. Losing DK will surely suck but with QB such a huge question mark?

I fully get the league thinks it's evolved into this great passing, scoring league, but I'll take ball and clock control (and a rested D) every day of the week. I fully appreciate that many, if not most, will totally disagree.

Edited to add the fact that DK is my favorite Hawk. It's business.

lakerfanx6

Reaction score
I like this new Penny but I just cant trust that he'll hold up. So (won't happen but) I'd love Kamara and that 16 from the Saints for DK.

I don't anticipate Kamara being found guilty and I doubt there will be any suspension for him. Losing DK will surely suck but with QB such a huge question mark?

I fully get the league thinks it's evolved into this great passing, scoring league, but I'll take ball and clock control (and a rested D) every day of the week. I fully appreciate that many, if not most, will totally disagree.

Edited to add the fact that DK is my favorite Hawk. It's business.
Yes please sign me up

Latest posts