Would You do this DK trade?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One of the few things that keeps people watching average rosters or below average teams? Getting to see their star players succeed despite the morass they are stuck in.

You sell your stars and you have very little for fans to latch onto - given there is little chance of any playoff success. They can root for the individual victory against individual teams but when a team is in the cellar in terms of standings, or just out of contention - one of the few things that keeps people's interest is watching their stars do well.

For the same reason that plenty of people disregarded the Mariners but went to Freddy Garcia games, when the team isn't great you need to find the great players and shine the light on them.

DK and Tyler are about all we have right now in terms of great players. Unfortunately, both will have some substandard QB throwing the ball (if/when the QB gets a chance to throw the ball) but there should still be a few HRs in the mix.

You trade your stars and you are just selling off fan interest. Star wideouts are not ideal for a run-first offense. But what else do you have that people would even get excited about?

If the NFL is a business then selling one of your few things that might still sell tickets seems unwise. The only caveat is if you are doing a full rebuild and the fan base KNOWS it is a rebuild. Since then they push expectations forward a few years, willing to wait it out.

But supposedly we are not doing this.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
One of the few things that keeps people watching average rosters or below average teams? Getting to see their star players succeed despite the morass they are stuck in.

You sell your stars and you have very little for fans to latch onto - given there is little chance of any playoff success. They can root for the individual victory against individual teams but when a team is in the cellar in terms of standings, or just out of contention - one of the few things that keeps people's interest is watching their stars do well.

For the same reason that plenty of people disregarded the Mariners but went to Freddy Garcia games, when the team isn't great you need to find the great players and shine the light on them.

DK and Tyler are about all we have right now in terms of great players. Unfortunately, both will have some substandard QB throwing the ball (if/when the QB gets a chance to throw the ball) but there should still be a few HRs in the mix.

You trade your stars and you are just selling off fan interest. Star wideouts are not ideal for a run-first offense. But what else do you have that people would even get excited about?

If the NFL is a business then selling one of your few things that might still sell tickets seems unwise. The only caveat is if you are doing a full rebuild and the fan base KNOWS it is a rebuild. Since then they push expectations forward a few years, willing to wait it out.

/thread

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Nailed it.

haroldseattle

Reaction score

Looks like the Chiefs are moving Hill. A WR is only worth so much in regard to cap and smart teams draw a line at what they are willing to pay out for even a stud WR.

chris98251

Reaction score
That would leave Dickson as our most valued player, which team needs a Punter and what can we get for him as well, if it's a fire sale burn it with Napalm. We normally would value a Punter as a defender on a rebuild but hey Draft picks draft picks and more draft picks. Who cares what we lose by, 10 or 100 we get draft picks.

m0ng0

Reaction score
DK is going to get paid and I hope it's not us doing they paying!
Would for sure trade DK to the Jets for LT Mekhi Becton and #10 overall

Becton has a few red flags, but still has enormous potential
I think I would ask for a 2nd and a 5th in addition. The Jets are shopping for sure...

JPatera76

Reaction score
Tyreek just set the new high.. will DK? or will he look more at the overall teams needs and understand how it would have an impact on the team.

Mizak

Reaction score
Davante Adams, 5 years, $141.5 million, close to $30 million per year. Tyreke Hill, 4 years, $120 million, $30 million per year. Guess how many per year DK will ask for?

BigMeach

Reaction score
I would only be willing to trade DK away if it was for a 1st and a 2nd this year (no idea if GB even has that)

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Tyreek just set the new high.. will DK? or will he look more at the overall teams needs and understand how it would have an impact on the team.
It's the literal NOT FOR LONG league. Would YOU worry about the teams needs if you played for the Pete Carroll/John Schneider run Seahawks? On your first big contract? Don't bother answering that.

I swear I feel like it's only our fan base that talks such foolishness when it comes to player contracts. EVERY aspect of this game is about money.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Davante Adams, 5 years, $141.5 million, close to $30 million per year. Tyreke Hill, 4 years, $120 million, $30 million per year. Guess how many per year DK will ask for?
I love DK - his past performance and future potential. Does the majority here see him on the same level as Adams & Hill - demanding the same level of compensation or higher?

Edit: I guess the question would really be two sided. Should the Hawks receive the same level of compensation in a trade? And is DK at a place where he should be paid contract-wise at the same level?

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
Rumors are that Pete have been talking to both Greenbay and KC about possibility of moving DK and/or Lockett. IF it were to happen, I would hope for at least a minimum of a 1st and and player trade for Metcalf, 2nd and 3rd round for Lockett.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Pay DK on a 5 year deal, before his real cap hit gets on the books in 2024 Tyler will be retired, cut or traded.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I think DK's value isn't that far off from Adams' and Hill's. He's a special talent and I think his numbers will be based more on potential than past production. A blind man could see this kid is a superstar in waiting. With that, I'm sure DK wants such stardom and he may not achieve that in Pete's offense. In short, I don't see him giving us any discounts. And I don't blame him. In the right offense he's no doubt a 25-30 mil guy. Do we want to pay that?

I read somewhere the Jets offered their 10th overall for him and we turned them down. To me...that's insanity. Right there with Pete and John refusing Philly's offer of 3 firsts for Wilson becuz they didn't want to trade Russ within the conference. I had no idea that we're on a collision course with Philly for the NFC championship.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I don't know why if the Packers didn't want to pay Adams, arguably the best receiver in the entire league and plays amazingly well with Rodgers......they'd want to not only give up draft capital, but then have to turn around and pay DK the same sort of contract next year?

So I'm confused.
I could be wrong, but heard that GB equalled LV's offer, but that Adams understood that he could lose Rodgers quickly, or quicker than losing Carr.
Also, could Adams just prefer moving to the desert?(as I would).

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Also, a Jet fan suggested their pick at #10 may have been offered, but Seatlle wouldn't listen to any offers.
Maybe #10 and another player or another pick.
Plus, DK would get to move to the biggest market for selling...candy, etc.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade DK right now unless the package blew me away. Tyler, DK and Noah Fant will help Lock, or any other QB this coming season. Every successful QB needs confidence, so breaking down the receiving corps just to save a buck would signal full rebuild.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm fully on board with trading Metcalf, have been since before the trading deadline last season. He's going to demand north of $25M a year and with Lockett already pulling down $15M, that's $40-$45M in a run first offense that is currently without a QB. Besides, it's not critical position for a rebuilding team. Good WR's are a dime a dozen. We won a SB with WR's like Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse. Cooper Kupp is a sloth that the Rams drafted in the 3rd round. We need to replenish our roster with talent, specifically along the line of scrimmage, and find our next QBOTF before we start paying top dollar to a diva WR that doesn't block well.