Wolf Gray Jerseys are no more.

nwHawk

Reaction score
My favorite uniforms are the current era. Second favorite are the retros (1980s-1990s).

My least favorites are the Glow Sticks. Second least favorite is the Holmgren/Hass Era Gun Metal Blues. Third least favorite the Wolfies.
We started off the same:

Current unis
1980-90’s

Least fav:
Worst: Weird combo with green and blue
2nd worst: (Homie gun metal)
3rd worst: Glow sticks

I like the wolf gray pants and current blue jerseys.

seabowl

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that the fans like the action-green uniforms more than the wolf-grey ones. In other words, in your view, the team is doing just what the fans want. And yet your comment appears to have a negative tone. Forgive me if I've misread that.

If you're right, and the Seahawks made that choice because they believe they can sell more action-green jerseys than wolf-grey jerseys, what's wrong with doing what more fans, especially more fans willing to buy jerseys, want them to do?
Yes, the more you spotlight a jersey, the more you can sell it. I think the action green has sold less than any other jersey out there that they’ve had by a wide margin.

seabowl

Reaction score
Sand-knit mid 80s jerseys with the big mesh were awesome. I thought it actually was cool that you could see the equipment underneath the jersey.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yes, the more you spotlight a jersey, the more you can sell it. I think the action green has sold less than any other jersey out there that they’ve had by a wide margin.
They said it’s the top-selling color rush jersey in the NFL. Don’t know how it compares in sales overall, but I doubt they’d have kept it if sales were bad.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I read the 8/2 edition of the "mailbag" on the Seahawks' website, and it reminded me of this post. For anyone bummed about the wolf grey uni's, it might make you feel better to know (if you don't already) that the wolf grey pants are still an option.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I trust that you are just guessing, because I've seen a lot of them being worn on game-days around here.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
The colors for the current home uniforms are college blue, wolf grey and action green. I love the college blue, I like the action green but I definitely prefer the wolf grey to the green. IMO, if your goal is to only have two home uniform versions then they should be the primary colors. The action green is more of an accent color than a primary color. So college blue should be the main home uniform version and wolf grey should be the alternate version. White, as always, is for away games.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Wolf Grey is out? When did that happen?

Damn, I was hoping that he would make the cut.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OK, so I LIKE the Action Green, human highlighter uniforms. At least I can tell which team is which. Unlike that lame-ass soccer bullshit where the teams have several wildly different alternate unis and it takes 5 minutes to figure out which one is the team I'm rooting for. Wait, wasn't Colombia supposed to be YELLOW? And Spain should be RED?

It's like the opposite of the Joe Paterno football. Wasn't there a time when Penn State didn't get ranked as high and players didn't win awards because their plain uniforms (and black shoes) made them look slow? JSN will look faster in a couple nationally televised games in Action Green and win rookie of the year when the voters realize, "I had no idea JSN was so fast!"

So score one for the Action Green. Besides, practicality, I like to go running at night, and if I'm wearing an Action Green Seahawks jersey, motorists see me and I'm less likely to get hit. Except by 49er fans, of course.