With the trade deadline looming

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Please no. The team is playing great but stick to the plan and continue to use the draft to stockpile a ton of high end talent. I don't think the team is there yet that we need to waste capitol on vets for a playoff run. Now if you can get a steal like you did with Lynch or someone then sure but as a general rule, I hope they don't do anything to change the haul they have coming.
They've skipped a lot of steps, maybe even a full season's worth of time, in drafting so well and a few FA signings. You're right, stay patient and stick to the plan. They're ahead of the game because they did their homework on the draft. Keep the picks and follow the same course.

knownone

Reaction score
Barton is not that much of a liability, and LB is not a premium position. So I wouldn't make a trade unless it's relatively cheap or for a proven young player on a cost-controlled contract for at least two more seasons.

That's the issue with Roquan, the Bears probably want at least a 2nd, and he wants a big contract. So I'd take my chance on a cheap 2nd round pick rather than rent Roquan for one season, mainly when Roquan is a free agent next season. I mean, we could theoretically have both next season. So why sacrifice long-term flexibility for a modest short-term gain?

sutz

Reaction score
There seems to be a contingent around here that think we have to make a trade, I guess just because the deadline is "looming" and if we don't make a trade we'll somehow miss out on something. I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score

getnasty

Reaction score
In other news, CBS suggests the Chiefs send us a 3rd for Sidney Jones. They also don't consider us a contender at the top of our division, but the 3-4 not-even-a-wildcard Packers are...

This is pure trash. If we could get a 5th for Jones he'd already been moved. Pure trash click bait.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I love when people suggest other teams take our trash and give us a good player. IMO Roaquan Smith is a player I would target but it will take more than trash to get him. With all this said I hate the trade high picks and then have to pay a new big contract to the player deals. Almost never works out.
LOLOLOL Was thinking along the same lines...We want your highly qualified player, here, take our trash out for us, SUCKERS.
People actually think that GM's on teams are going to Dummy up & do a trade with us like Denver did LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!...Whoops!, did I say that out loud?

sutz

Reaction score
LOLOLOL Was thinking along the same lines...We want your highly qualified player, here, take our trash out for us, SUCKERS.
People actually think that GM's on teams are going to Dummy up & do a trade with us like Denver did LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!...Whoops!, did I say that out loud?
I blame fantasy football. :LOL:

AgentDib

Reaction score
It never hurts to ask and kick some ideas around but mid-season trades in the NFL rarely happen without something weird involved. The CMC trade to the 49ers was unusual because normally teams are very reluctant to announce they are giving up on the season this early. Fangio might still have a job in Denver this season if they hadn't traded Von Miller for picks. Teams rarely actually tank in that manner because usually it's a new regime coming in to benefit from the draft capital.

Own The West

Reaction score
This is pure trash. If we could get a 5th for Jones he'd already been moved. Pure trash click bait.
And here they go again, this time saying we should grab Roquan Smith. Should be cheap as a half-season rental. Knows Desai's system. Again, do you want to give him big money next year to keep him? Flip of that is if he doesn't fit in, you can let him walk for a chance at a comp pick -- props if you can get him for a 5th and comp him as a 4th...

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Smith is basically inviting a trade. The Bears might have to lower the asking price. I already know he would fit in and move Brooks to Barton’s spot. Barton is good depth but not starting caliber

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Very slim chance of happening but I'd like to see the Seahawks make a run at acquiring Daron Payne, DT from the Commanders. I think he would be a perfect fit for this defense.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Smith is basically inviting a trade. The Bears might have to lower the asking price. I already know he would fit in and move Brooks to Barton’s spot. Barton is good depth but not starting caliber
OMG. Take our elite MLB who calls the plays, move him somewhere else, replace him with a disgruntled LB that does NOT know our system, or the verbage, or alignments, and have him call the plays. That way, our defense can really suck some more.

Roquan will probably want $20 million per year (Bobby was at 18), and invariably, as soon as he signs the new contract, he gets hurt and goes on IR.

Great strategy

I know it's popular to trash Cody Barton, but he's actually playing pretty good. They had him covering Austin Ekelor in the open field, and keeping him from catching a pass. He also had some great Special Teams tackles.

Pete knows defense, look at the rookies he has starting. Nobody else would do that. Look at all the defensive players he's sent packing. They never pan out elsewhere.