With the trade deadline looming

hawkfan68

Reaction score
OMG. Take our elite MLB who calls the plays, move him somewhere else, replace him with a disgruntled LB that does NOT know our system, or the verbage, or alignments, and have him call the plays. That way, our defense can really suck some more.

Roquan will probably want $20 million per year (Bobby was at 18), and invariably, as soon as he signs the new contract, he gets hurt and goes on IR.

Great strategy

I know it's popular to trash Cody Barton, but he's actually playing pretty good. They had him covering Austin Ekelor in the open field, and keeping him from catching a pass. He also had some great Special Teams tackles.

Pete knows defense, look at the rookies he has starting. Nobody else would do that. Look at all the defensive players he's sent packing. They never pan out elsewhere.
I believe Roquan Smith has familiarity with defensive system the Seahawks use since he had played for Sean Desai. So I think he could adjust fairly quickly.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Barton's snaps on defense have been severely cut in the last two games.

He went from averaging 59.4 through the first five games down to 36.5 in the last two. That's a 40% reduction. So, it appears that Barton's lackluster play has been noticed by the coaching staff as well as by us fans.
Its about time... someone else seen it besides me and my 22 viewings

nwHawk

Reaction score
Roquan Smith would be nice as long as we don’t over pay. He won’t resign there so float a 3rd and a future pick and see what happens.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Roquan Smith would be nice as long as we don’t over pay. He won’t resign there so float a 3rd and a future pick and see what happens.
No need to overpay, overpaid guys start to think they can run the team. He can join the team and be one or let him go somewhere else!
Ya know sumpin? I think he would enjoy playing in front of 12's.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I wish I had the time to digest this thread and understand where it has gone. Instead, I’ll try to answer the Op.
My preference is to continue to add talent through the draft unless we see a sweetheart deal like the one that we got for Russ. Adding athletically talented and special people to our roster will only serve us going forward.
This looks like another 2011 2012 to me when John and Pete had a draft capital and some talent and scheme positives.
Could they be poised to hit another home run next year and take this team to a Super Bowl? That’s what my brain is focused on. LET’S GO!!!!!!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm seeing rumors that the Rams are trying hard to acquire Brian Burns from the Panthers. I, for one, don't want them to get him. Get him so the Rams don't. Or at least drive up the price for the Rams to acquire him.

Nunya

Reaction score
I wish I had the time to digest this thread and understand where it has gone. Instead, I’ll try to answer the Op.
My preference is to continue to add talent through the draft unless we see a sweetheart deal like the one that we got for Russ. Adding athletically talented and special people to our roster will only serve us going forward.
This looks like another 2011 2012 to me when John and Pete had a draft capital and some talent and scheme positives.
Could they be poised to hit another home run next year and take this team to a Super Bowl? That’s what my brain is focused on. LET’S GO!!!!!!!!
What, you want back-to-back Superbowls? Getting a little greedy aren't ya? :ROFLMAO:

bileever

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks' best trade chip is Sidney Jones. Starting cornerbacks don't grow on trees, and many teams have a need for one right now. We also have some depth, now that Brown is coming back. It's not improbable to think that you could get a decent draft pick from a contender for Jones, which could then be traded to a team that's in sell-mode for a LB or D lineman.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'd take what they can get for Jones. Maybe a 6th?

But if you're itching to trade draft capital after the draft these dudes just had, and how these rookies are helping to shape this new team, I just can't understand you.

I really hope Pete and John sit tight on all these picks and try to reload with young players on rookie deals. They earned so much cred in the 2022 draft.

The cap situation isn't great, especially with how well Geno is playing. Please, no more Sheldon Richardon trades.

ivotuk

Reaction score

But if you're itching to trade draft capital after the draft these dudes just had, and how these rookies are helping to shape this new team, I just can't understand you.

I really hope Pete and John sit tight on all these picks and try to reload with young players on rookie deals. They earned so much cred in the 2022 draft.

The cap situation isn't great, especially with how well Geno is playing. Please, no more Sheldon Richardon trades.
Thank God! A voice of reason.

The same people who griped about us trading for, and paying Jamal Adams or (Jimmy Graham, Percy Harvin, etc, etc), want to trade away valuable draft capital and pay $20 million a year for a Linebacker that we don't need! And, as soon as you pay him, he'll likely end up on IR.

Look at all the past wasted draft picks and cap space, and how it hamstrung our team, and repeat that failure again?

Which one or two of our fantastic rookies (on a rookie pay scale) would you eliminate for the privilege of paying a disgruntled player a king's ransom? Tariq Woolen? Coby Bryant? K9? Boye Mafe? Abe Lucas? Charles Cross (who manhandled Kayvon Thibadeux all day)?

This team is playing fantastic! And bringing in an expensive linebacker says what to our current team members? "With your performances, we needed someone who can really play football!"

You don't screw with a teams chemistry when they're already kicking ass!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I was being sorta cheeky but Gilmore would look good in this D however don’t think the the Colts would give him up without a high end pick, so enter Ryan. Contract aside Ryan’s experience could be good for Geno especially if Seahawks are in the post-season.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Thank God! A voice of reason.

The same people who griped about us trading for, and paying Jamal Adams or (Jimmy Graham, Percy Harvin, etc, etc), want to trade away valuable draft capital and pay $20 million a year for a Linebacker that we don't need! And, as soon as you pay him, he'll likely end up on IR.

Look at all the past wasted draft picks and cap space, and how it hamstrung our team, and repeat that failure again?

Which one or two of our fantastic rookies (on a rookie pay scale) would you eliminate for the privilege of paying a disgruntled player a king's ransom? Tariq Woolen? Coby Bryant? K9? Boye Mafe? Abe Lucas? Charles Cross (who manhandled Kayvon Thibadeux all day)?

This team is playing fantastic! And bringing in an expensive linebacker says what to our current team members? "With your performances, we needed someone who can really play football!"

You don't screw with a teams chemistry when they're already kicking ass!

Bullet dodged. The Ravens traded a 2023 2nd and 5th for the honor of paying Roquan $20+ million a year.

QWERTY

Reaction score

I hate to give Sidney Jones for a 6th round pick. It would have to be a 4th or a better draft pick.

Sidney Jones can maybe fill in the need if Neal is injured, or put him in a different position.