Wilson injury / Excuses

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Pete Carroll and some on this site have stated that Wilson’s injury derailed this season and it was a hurdle to tough to overcome. On the surface, I understand that when a franchise QB misses time due to injury(s) that it’s disruptive to the offense and to a degree the defense may also be impacted. But looking at the W/L column, the Seahawks with Wilson were 2-2 before the injury and 3-5 after his return. While I understand there are other factors at play, it shows me the Seahawks probably weren’t going to make the playoffs this year… even if Wilson hadn’t been injured.

That being said, I believe Pete Carroll has a bigger ownership of the final W\L record than Wilson does. The Seahawks have plateaued the last several years. Even if the season record was 12-4, the team was manhandled / ill prepared in the playoffs and exited early in the last few seasons. Pete’s system has run stale and has become predictable. Offensive Coordinators have been hired/fired, yet there’s very little difference. This is a systemic issue, which doesn’t look like there’s an answer. Couple that with mismanagement of trades & cap structure and the Seahawks are left with numerous free agents and very little in draft capital.

It’s time for a change. IMHO, I believe Pete needs to surrender control on both the Offense & Defense and allow his coordinators to apply their system, Pete ensures they are complementary to each other. If he can’t do that, then he needs to be removed as Head Coach. I love what Pete has done for the Seahawks and will always be revered after bringing the Seahawks to the Superb Owl twice and bringing the Lombardi trophy to Seattle.

If Pete can’t change, the Seahawks need to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rcaido

Reaction score
We loss 5 games within a score...Its been like this since his rookie year Wilson has the most 4th quarter comebacks since he started the NFL.

The refs were not having it this year. If you watch all the games, that came down to the wire...A lot of iffy calls really impacted the game. Also, his throwing is a bit off coming from the injury also didn't help.

If Wilson didn't get injured, we would have easily made the playoffs. i think we would have blown out Stealers & Saints. Probably would have beaten the WFT & Cardinals.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
rcaido":f6vv3e1s said:
We loss 5 games within a score...Its been like this since his rookie year Wilson has the most 4th quarter comebacks since he started the NFL.

The refs were not having it this year. If you watch all the games, that came down to the wire...A lot of iffy calls really impacted the game. Also, his throwing is a bit off coming from the injury also didn't help.

If Wilson didn't get injured, we would have easily made the playoffs. i think we would have blown out Stealers & Saints. Probably would have beaten the WFT & Cardinals.

And how will next year being any different with the same cast of characters? Minor ly better record while still missing the playoffs? Barely making the playoffs and getting beat in the first game by a 3rd string QB? I see no path to the Super Bowl with PC ever again.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
rcaido":2q8pjs7o said:

Easily made playoffs?

I don’t think so.

Look at what Rams finished with and what Cards are finishing with.

Very hard to finish with a 11-6, 12-5, or even 10-7 record and not be one and done in playoffs.

Play calling is too predictable.

Defense has leaks.

Offense cannot get into a rhythm quickly in games.

More than likely, Seattle wouldn’t have a deep run if for some reason they had made playoffs anyways.

Seattle would have to contend with these teams in the NFC:

Packers
Bucs
Cowboys
Rams
Cardinals

Seattle would have a very difficult time beating any of these teams in the wild card round if somehow they had made playoffs.

rcaido

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3dm5w0qk said:
rcaido":3dm5w0qk said:

Easily made playoffs?

I don’t think so.

Look at what Rams finished with and what Cards are finishing with.

Very hard to finish with a 11-6, 12-5, or even 10-7 record and not be one and done in playoffs.

Play calling is too predictable.

Defense has leaks.

Offense cannot get into a rhythm quickly in games.

More than likely, Seattle wouldn’t have a deep run if for some reason they had made playoffs anyways.

Seattle would have to contend with these teams in the NFC:

Packers
Bucs
Cowboys
Rams
Cardinals

Seattle would have a very difficult time beating any of these teams in the wild card round if somehow they had made playoffs.
I said easily made the playoffs. Didnt say they would win. This year no team really stands out