Votes: 52 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Only if nothing better to do

Votes: 15 17.9%

• Total voters

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I’ll watch every game…even if we’re 0-16.

That doesn’t mean I’ll like it.

Quite disappointed atm.
There's stuff to watch for anyway. It's all part of the journey.

How could anyone have enjoyed 2013 as deeply as we did without getting through the origination of that era of football, ya know?

The success doesn't feel like success if you're not keenly watching the failures along the way while looking objectively for the bright spots that could grow into what that team ended up being. Who cares about realizing potential if you're not there to see the potential start budding?

I don't know if any of you guys have ever planted stuff, but watching for the first sprout is as enrapturing and satisfying as when the plant starts producing flowers or fruit, in my opinion. I think of football similarly.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I watched the very game in 1992 in what was a 2 win season. I’m a Seahawks fan. Win, lose or tie. My mother(RIP)used to call fans who only fanned if their team was winning, fair weather fans.
I’ve been a fan since day one, actually even before we had a name. That’s not going to change.

I do however plan my days, even my work schedule around Seahawks football.

I’m 💯 frustrated but I’ll watch if nothing better to do, I’m just saying that I won’t turn down a great offer if something pops up.
Hell, I’d probably work (double time) if asked. That’s something I’d not typically do.

knownone

Reaction score
I evidently don't have the emotional investment some people do. If I can watch, I'll watch. Today's loss didn't really change anything from my vantage point.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'll watch it, but I'll just be going through the motions like Frank Clark. I mean, they're not making the playoffs and even if by some miracle they get help again, it is guaranteed first round elimination as always because this defense effing SUCKS and PC is incapable of fixing it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
How could anyone have enjoyed 2013 as deeply as we did without getting through the origination of that era of football, ya know?

2012 gave us all hope. There's nothing like that happening right now.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Ok, I see. We won, and we need the winner of tonight to lose next week

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
2012 gave us all hope. There's nothing like that happening right now.
2012 gave us all hope after we watched the team lose 6-3 to the friggin' Browns in 2011 and lose 33-3 to the Tom Cable Raiders in 2010.

Hope rises from a kernel of light among the sting of prior failure. Hope is not as cathartic without a wound for the hope to heal.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Yeah but I expect the Cardinals to win. We can't beat a division opponent.
Seattle will win, only because doing so will cost them draft position where we'll either reach on a project or take a player at one of the few positions we don't need immediate help at.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
2012 gave us all hope after we watched the team lose 6-3 to the friggin' Browns in 2011 and lose 33-3 to the Tom Cable Raiders in 2010.

Hope rises from a kernel of light among the sting of prior failure. Hope is not as cathartic without a wound for the hope to heal.

Lol. Why are you bringing up years before? 2012 gave us a sign of what was to come. They lost a close divisional play off game that spawned expectations for the next season. The current Seahawks offer none of that.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Of course, I'll watch. But I'm not going to be sitting on the edge of my chair, that's for sure.

We still have a 32% chance of making the playoffs, so all hope isn't quite gone.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Depends on if you believe in miracles or not.
The universe came from nothing. Our existence is absurd, and cannot be answered. We exist presumably alone amongst what we are told is unending, infinite space with an mysterious origin that people endeavor to solve. We don't know whether this life is all we get, or whether our spirits persist. We don't know what extent to which our spirits to persist in the event that they don't perish with us.

We are the miracle. We're each the result of a Powerball-level chance of being the sperm that fertilized the ovum, and from there, we're constantly in unremitting danger of ceasing to exist.

Every day, individuals out there face unfathomably bad odds in any number of regards, and they beat them. Malala Yousafzai gets shot in the head and survives. Fred Hampton brokers a peace agreement between the warring gangs of Chicago in a most violent era. Vasily Aleksandrovich Arkhipov refuses to launch the missile that would've ended the world against direct orders to do so, and he is only in the position to do so because he is on the sole submarine that requires 4 separate people to authorize that launch, and still he is the ONLY one who refuses.

Blair Walsh misses a chip shot. Michigan State takes a bobbled routine punt in for a touchdown on the last play of the game. Chris Davis returns a missed field goal 108 yards to win the Iron Bowl. Marshawn Lynch catalyzes a seismic event to destroy the defending world champions.

Miracles don't just exist - they are our catalyst. The reason we can wake up in the morning, pursue our happiness, love our loved ones, watch our favorite teams engage in sport, and argue on a message board about it during and after. The trick is simply trying to find them, because I can guarantee you that they're there. They are always there.