Votes: 52 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Only if nothing better to do

Votes: 15 17.9%

• Total voters

knownone

Reaction score
The universe came from nothing. Our existence is absurd, and cannot be answered. We exist presumably alone amongst what we are told is unending, infinite space with an mysterious origin that people endeavor to solve. We don't know whether this life is all we get, or whether our spirits persist. We don't know what extent to which our spirits to persist in the event that they don't perish with us.

We are the miracle. We're each the result of a Powerball-level chance of being the sperm that fertilized the ovum, and from there, we're constantly in unremitting danger of ceasing to exist.

Every day, individuals out there face unfathomably bad odds in any number of regards, and they beat them. Malala Yousafzai gets shot in the head and survives. Fred Hampton brokers a peace agreement between the warring gangs of Chicago in a most violent era. Vasily Aleksandrovich Arkhipov refuses to launch the missile that would've ended the world against direct orders to do so, and he is only in the position to do so because he is on the sole submarine that requires 4 separate people to authorize that launch, and still he is the ONLY one who refuses.

Blair Walsh misses a chip shot. Michigan State takes a bobbled routine punt in for a touchdown on the last play of the game. Chris Davis returns a missed field goal 108 yards to win the Iron Bowl. Marshawn Lynch catalyzes a seismic event to destroy the defending world champions.

Miracles don't just exist - they are our catalyst. The reason we can wake up in the morning, pursue our happiness, love our loved ones, watch our favorite teams engage in sport, and argue on a message board about it during and after. The trick is simply trying to find them, because I can guarantee you that they're there. They are always there.
I'll have what you are having.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
You would have to kidnap and bound me to get me to not watch Seahawks football. Chance or no chance.
I admire the dedication. I do not share it. The only thing on this planet I would give that much existential devotion to are my kids. Nothing more. Nothing less. Definitely not a sports team.

But as I said it is admirable from a fandom standpoint.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I watched every game in 1992 in what was a 2 win season. I’m a Seahawks fan. Win, lose or tie. My mother(RIP)used to call fans who only fanned if their team was winning, fair weather fans.
Yup, same here. I'm really disappointed with the last few seasons, but I made it through the 90's. This can't last forever.

Seahawker

Reaction score
5% chance at PO's I heard.
The league didn't even have to steer it, we knocked ourselves out.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The universe came from nothing. Our existence is absurd, and cannot be answered. We exist presumably alone amongst what we are told is unending, infinite space with an mysterious origin that people endeavor to solve. We don't know whether this life is all we get, or whether our spirits persist. We don't know what extent to which our spirits to persist in the event that they don't perish with us.

We are the miracle. We're each the result of a Powerball-level chance of being the sperm that fertilized the ovum, and from there, we're constantly in unremitting danger of ceasing to exist.

Every day, individuals out there face unfathomably bad odds in any number of regards, and they beat them. Malala Yousafzai gets shot in the head and survives. Fred Hampton brokers a peace agreement between the warring gangs of Chicago in a most violent era. Vasily Aleksandrovich Arkhipov refuses to launch the missile that would've ended the world against direct orders to do so, and he is only in the position to do so because he is on the sole submarine that requires 4 separate people to authorize that launch, and still he is the ONLY one who refuses.

Blair Walsh misses a chip shot. Michigan State takes a bobbled routine punt in for a touchdown on the last play of the game. Chris Davis returns a missed field goal 108 yards to win the Iron Bowl. Marshawn Lynch catalyzes a seismic event to destroy the defending world champions.

Miracles don't just exist - they are our catalyst. The reason we can wake up in the morning, pursue our happiness, love our loved ones, watch our favorite teams engage in sport, and argue on a message board about it during and after. The trick is simply trying to find them, because I can guarantee you that they're there. They are always there.
Can help you out there. No such thing as spirit. Consciousness is a biological process. So one less mystery to cling on to. After death is like before birth.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Yes, I'll watch the last game.

I'm a Seahawks fan, not a Mariners fan.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I didn’t even watch this one. The surfing today was too nice to miss, for a game that was bound to suck.

I’m more worried about how I’m going to get the Huskies game tomorrow night in Samara.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I admire the dedication. I do not share it. The only thing on this planet I would give that much existential devotion to are my kids. Nothing more. Nothing less. Definitely not a sports team.

But as I said it is admirable from a fandom standpoint.
Realistically, there's a lot you could do to get me not to watch - but the Seahawks being disappointing or inept isn't one of 'em.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Realistically, there's a lot you could do to get me not to watch - but the Seahawks being disappointing or inept isn't one of 'em.
Got ya. I get it. I also can’t watch the same product week after week with really not much difference.

Offense sorta showed up. Defense did not. So that was different I guess.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
There's stuff to watch for anyway. It's all part of the journey.

How could anyone have enjoyed 2013 as deeply as we did without getting through the origination of that era of football, ya know?

The success doesn't feel like success if you're not keenly watching the failures along the way while looking objectively for the bright spots that could grow into what that team ended up being. Who cares about realizing potential if you're not there to see the potential start budding?

I don't know if any of you guys have ever planted stuff, but watching for the first sprout is as enrapturing and satisfying as when the plant starts producing flowers or fruit, in my opinion. I think of football similarly.
It's pointless when Carrol is just putting in time. Nothing will change until Pete Carroll leaves. The game has passed him by and nothing he does will ever make a difference. Nothing will happen until the team is sold. You're just watching bad football with no hope of it getting better while Carrol is here. 2 more years of utter futility. I'll start watching again when he's gone. Were at the END of the Pete Carroll journey Mael. Nothing to see here but bad football.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The thing is, we will still be 'in the hunt' if they schedule our game against whoever the winner of tonight's game is. There will be, at least in the beginning, something on the line in the game.

So, I'm changing my answer, I will be watching for sure unless some kind of work emergency pops up.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Your sitting in a bean bag, smoking a joint with the lava lamp happening and a philosophy book in hand right now aren't you Mael?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's pointless when Carrol is just putting in time. Nothing will change until Pete Carroll leaves. The game has passed him by and nothing he does will ever make a difference. Nothing will happen until the team is sold. You're just watching bad football with no hope of it getting better while Carrol is here. 2 more years of utter futility. I'll start watching again when he's gone. Were at the END of the Pete Carroll journey Mael. Nothing to see here but bad football.
I reject this viewpoint. It isn't compatible with my perspective of the game. I watched the end of the Holmgren era, and I watched Mora's team. I find value in that. It's all part of the journey for me.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Haven’t missed a game in over a decade and won’t miss next week. My son comes over and we have a blast win or lose

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Your sitting in a bean bag, smoking a joint with the lava lamp happening and a philosophy book in hand right now aren't you Mael?
Eating one of these thangs and checking on how Stidham did today, actually. Trying to switch gears to get into New Years mode. I have some New Years letters to write to my reports at work, but I'm not out of the football tunnel vision part of my Sunday yet.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Eating one of these thangs and checking on how Stidham did today, actually. Trying to switch gears to get into New Years mode. I have some New Years letters to write to my reports at work, but I'm not out of the football tunnel vision part of my Sunday yet.

View attachment 62885

Happy New Years to you buddy.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I’ve watched since 1979 and I’ll continue to do so as long as I’m healthy & able.

I hate this damn team, but I love them at the same time.

Makes no sense, but it’s the truth.

Latest posts