Will Pete be fired?

Will Pete Caroll be fired before the start of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 87 91.6%

• Total voters

AubHawk71

Reaction score
It's not that people hate Pete (maybe some do), but that he's overstayed his welcome and is clearly not willing or capable to change his coaching style, which as been mentioned hundreds of times, is outdated and ineffective.

He caught lightening in a bottle...almost ten years ago. He's the second highest paid coach in the NFL -- $11 million a year, behind only Bellicheeks. (Side note: Belli's son Randy - sorry Steve - is a hilarious throwback). Pete keeps looking more and more hapless with each game. There isn't enough time in the NFL -- or Pete's life -- to hope that somehow his stale methodology will magically come around and be effective again. Not without the LOB.

Plain and simple, Pete has been coasting on Russ saving his bacon the last 4-5 seasons, and it just keeps getting worse. The only upside to RW getting injured is that now there is no doubt who the weak link is on the Seahawks squad. The dude who is supposedly in charge.

Hang it up, Pete. While you still have your dignity.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Some of the stories of the good that Pete did at USC are legend.

Plenty of stories in the community about the good he does out here.

I cannot be sure, but all signs point to him being a good person. And he has an ability to get people to run through walls for him. Anyone that has met him pretty much tells that story.

But he preached a gospel and indoctrinated a fanbase. So if you bang the table for people to consider something a priority, get everyone committed to it, and then refuse to abide by it for yourself, your family, & friends?

You won't get hate. But you will get disdain.

Which is what you are seeing.

Pete gets credit for getting us to 2 SBs. And that got him a few years of people making excuses for him when he underdelivered with a really good roster. Then he decimated his own roster with poor decisions.

And still people gave him a pass.

At some point, you don't get 15 years of futility because you brought a HOF QB to the SB 10 years ago.

And worse, since your QB is a finite asset - every year you continue to coach is another year wasted both in potential and in even keeping your HOF QB.

Nobody hates Pete. But he went from hero to villain at least 2 years ago. And he will not relinquish the chair.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Will he? NO Should he Yes. He should be fired for the JA trade alone.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":3uf2z9yy said:
pittpnthrs":3uf2z9yy said:
chris98251":3uf2z9yy said:
Show me where anyone has seen that Jody has said she does not care about the team, show me where she has no interest and blindly trusts Pete and John, Show me where here administration and oversight people from Vulcan don't care. Show a Link, Show a transcript or shut up. These are all speculations None of us know, she is a football fan just as much as Paul was.

Remember Paul had to be ask to recue the Seahawks, then he wanted to make sure he had the support from the Fans and the Local and State to do what he did.

Why do you keep defending her? Show us where or when she has shown her face or even talked about the team. She's a recluse that gave ultimate power to the head coach so she wouldnt have to be bothered. It is what it is.

You don't have to be Jerry Jones, Paul was very low key and didn't even go to league and owner meetings for like the first 5 years and kept in the background, give it up with the bashing and looking for a subject to hang lynch mob style.

Really it comes down to you can't prove anything you and others are assuming period.

You are in a very small minority with your opinion, but you do you.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3fnpwf5r said:
chris98251":3fnpwf5r said:
pittpnthrs":3fnpwf5r said:
chris98251":3fnpwf5r said:
Show me where anyone has seen that Jody has said she does not care about the team, show me where she has no interest and blindly trusts Pete and John, Show me where here administration and oversight people from Vulcan don't care. Show a Link, Show a transcript or shut up. These are all speculations None of us know, she is a football fan just as much as Paul was.

Remember Paul had to be ask to recue the Seahawks, then he wanted to make sure he had the support from the Fans and the Local and State to do what he did.

Why do you keep defending her? Show us where or when she has shown her face or even talked about the team. She's a recluse that gave ultimate power to the head coach so she wouldnt have to be bothered. It is what it is.

You don't have to be Jerry Jones, Paul was very low key and didn't even go to league and owner meetings for like the first 5 years and kept in the background, give it up with the bashing and looking for a subject to hang lynch mob style.

Really it comes down to you can't prove anything you and others are assuming period.

LOL just because a large amount of people who agree that Jody Allan does not care about the team doesn't make them right it just makes them ignorant to the situation...LOL

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1twantjw said:
chris98251":1twantjw said:
pittpnthrs":1twantjw said:
chris98251":1twantjw said:

Mob mentality, show me something in writing that supports this.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He will be forced to retire…after the team has missed the playoffs for two straight seasons and has an ugly long rebuild road ahead of it due to the Jamal Adams trade and potentially RW skips town.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1un0rlof said:

When she extended PC for 5 full years despite the team being on a downward trajectory for the last 3-4 years prior. A team just that season that had a record masked how bad it was beating teams with back up QBs, that had grade A kickers miss what should have been game winning field goals and got to play an extremely terrible wildcard playoff team. She was not paying attention to the team, she saw a franchise that’s still filling the stadium and that’s all that matters. Btw Paul wasn’t much of a football fan either he was more interested in the cinerama and EMP (which is a nerd paradise and I personally love them both) but yeah cinerama being shut down with covid as an excuse. Can’t blame someone for not having the same interests as their sibling. If she fires PC within 2 years. I’ll be convinced she cares about winning football but it’s obvious status quo is good enough, kind of like the mariners ownership….

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2g06g2r2 said:
He will be forced to retire…after the team has missed the playoffs for two straight seasons and has an ugly long rebuild road ahead of it due to the Jamal Adams trade and potentially RW skips town.

You are not painting a pretty picture.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":2psgzkbp said:
pittpnthrs":2psgzkbp said:
chris98251":2psgzkbp said:
pittpnthrs":2psgzkbp said:

LOL just because a large amount of people who agree that Jody Allan does not care about the team doesn't make them right it just makes them ignorant to the situation...LOL

LTH

Lol. So the small amount of people that think shes such a great owner are the ones that have the situation all figured out? See, this is why so many people on this board have issues with you LTH. You are blind to the obvious because your fanboyism wont allow you to see it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":3kun12z0 said:
pittpnthrs":3kun12z0 said:
chris98251":3kun12z0 said:
pittpnthrs":3kun12z0 said:

Just read the threads here and any other Seahawks forum to see you are in the minority. She's never seen or heard from and she gave complete control to the coach. She's an absentee owner.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ut03ywp said:
LTH":2ut03ywp said:
pittpnthrs":2ut03ywp said:
chris98251":2ut03ywp said:

LTH

Lol. So the small amount of people that think shes such a great owner are the ones that have the situation all figured out? See, this is why so many people on this board have issues with you LTH. You are blind to the obvious because your fanboyism wont allow you to see it.

First off I don't care who has a problem with me... News flash!! LMAO!!!

second I was being sarcastic...

third the amount of people that agree on a subject does not validate their position thats my point... Ive seen that way to much...My opinion is never swayed on anything because of peer pressure or because of what someone else may think... I think for my self rather than agreeing because every other person agree's I'm not a SHEEP! LMAO!!!! Never will be a sheep...

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":3tj1k4xp said:
pittpnthrs":3tj1k4xp said:
LTH":3tj1k4xp said:
pittpnthrs":3tj1k4xp said:

LTH

third the amount of people that agree on a subject does not validate their position thats my point... Ive seen that way to much...My opinion is never swayed on anything because of peer pressure or because of what someone else may think... I think for my self rather than agreeing because every other person agree's I'm not a SHEEP! LMAO!!!! Never will be a sheep...

LTH

I'm starting to think LTH is Pete Caroll's burner account

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3iehvrec said:
chris98251":3iehvrec said:
pittpnthrs":3iehvrec said:
chris98251":3iehvrec said:

Just read the threads here and any other Seahawks forum to see you are in the minority. She's never seen or heard from and she gave complete control to the coach. She's an absentee owner.

Once again speculation opinion hang um high mentality, I don't care if I am in the minority on this issue, you should know that about me by now. I think stabilizing the franchise after Paul's death as well as the Blazers and all his other interests was the first priority, he had a lot, then finding leadership roles and a reporting system with Vulcan the through her is the next, then addressing his wishes about other assets and charity's. That's a lot of things to manage, I have seen her in the booth on TV at games etc so she is not ignoring the team.

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":38yh0vmg said:
LTH":38yh0vmg said:
pittpnthrs":38yh0vmg said:
LTH":38yh0vmg said:

LTH

LTH

What's a burner account?

No man not sure what you are talking about but I'm actually CIA performing. A psy op,,, shhhhhh.. it a f@cking conspiracy and you caught me!!! Dang it....

Lmao!!!

LTH

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
LTH":33i2anxr said:
ZagHawk":33i2anxr said:
LTH":33i2anxr said:
pittpnthrs":33i2anxr said:

LTH

What's a burner account?

No man not sure what you are talking about but I'm actually CIA performing. A psy op,,, shhhhhh.. it a f@cking conspiracy and you caught me!!! Dang it....

Lmao!!!

LTH

I know rah rah speak when I see it, Pete. Time to pack it up and give someone else the reigns of the team.

Rat

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it. Now if I know Jody Allen - and I dont - she'll think it's disrespectful to her brother's memory to fire the man he hand-picked to lead the most successful era of his franchise. I could see them coming to an "agreement" and him resigning though.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If Russ forces his way out Pete and John will get the blame and be fired.Personally Id fire Pete and keep John.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1h8n8umo said:
If Russ forces his way out Pete and John will get the blame and be fired.Personally Id fire Pete and keep John.

Same. Keep Russ and John, fire Pete.