Will Josh Gordon get more targets down the stretch?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He has great hands. What do you think? I know he needs to learn the playbook.

rcaido

Reaction score
I hope so and get Ursua in there. Turner had so mean key mistakrs.

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
He should be on the field way more than that ... In a 3 rec set it should be Lockett Metcalf and Gordon ... its seem obivious those guy's give you the best chance no matter what ..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good question, the guy just doesn't drop passes. Shoot, a dropped 4th down conversion and a dropped 3rd down conversion last night. No way in hell Gordon drops those. They were killers in that game, moving the ball and boom.....the drive is over. Twice.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not sure why at this point he gets less time on the field than Turner or Moore. If Gordon gets going it may take some heat and coverage off of Lockett and Metcalf.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
PaVloVa!8":37h6teoe said:
He should be on the field way more than that ... In a 3 rec set it should be Lockett Metcalf and Gordon ... its seem obivious those guy's give you the best chance no matter what ..

You got it.The DK/Gordon combo is killer good and will really set the table for Lockette to do what he is so good at. Add Dissley and Hollister and we're good to go...IF we can get our line to up their level of play. No matter how good those guys are they are relatively useless with your QB at the bottom of a pile.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I am done with the Turner Moore Brown trio on the field any more this season....Gordon needs a real shot at starting get him on the field for a full game. Get Ursua out of petes doghouse... it can't get any worse than those 3 guys perform, so lets see what Gordon and Ursua can do. With Tyler banged up and looking not right, we need some playmakers and none of those plugs are it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even though Turner has made some big plays, last night he was brutal. You gotta' make that 4th down catch, and you certainly need to know the ball is coming your way in the 4th quarter. What was an easy TD.

getnasty

Reaction score
The lack of Gordon's usage doesn't make sense to me, i'm not sure what his snap count is compared to Moore and Turner but it should just be a given that if you have three wideouts on the field that those three are Lockett, DK and Gordon.

The fact that Turner was even an option on 4th down with Ramsey in coverage doesn't make sense, now he was open and should have caught the ball but on such a crucial play that shouldn't even be a possiblity.

cymatica

Reaction score
getnasty":38bn0xkj said:
The lack of Gordon's usage doesn't make sense to me, i'm not sure what his snap count is compared to Moore and Turner but it should just be a given that if you have three wideouts on the field that those three are Lockett, DK and Gordon.

The fact that Turner was even an option on 4th down with Ramsey in coverage doesn't make sense, now he was open and should have caught the ball but on such a crucial play that shouldn't even be a possiblity.

Lockette in the most crucial play in sb49 comes to mind. Pete takes the "next man up," mantra to the extreme. Just use the best talent, Gordon has proven to be reliable on the few opportunities he's had

olyfan63

Reaction score
I wonder... Is Pete reluctant to over-rely on Gordon, worrying that Gordon is a ticking time bomb who could suddenly become unavailable to the team at any moment? Any case to be made for that? Or is it really just Gordon learning the playbook, or Gordon just not that good (hence NE willingness to part with him)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
olyfan63":2ujadhqu said:
I wonder... Is Pete reluctant to over-rely on Gordon, worrying that Gordon is a ticking time bomb who could suddenly become unavailable to the team at any moment? Any case to be made for that? Or is it really just Gordon learning the playbook, or Gordon just not that good (hence NE willingness to part with him)
Here is the deal. Any receiver that just comes in on a moments notice is not going to know the playbook, nor is he going to know his Quarterbacks tendencies. That makes the wide receiver a potential liability, particularly with plays over the middle. Even with Gordons specialty, the deep ball it is tough for a QB to know what the player is going to do in that situation if they haven't played.

Thus far he has looked just fine when in, and has come up with some clutch plays. I'm slowly seeing him integrated into our playbook. Each week he is seeing more activity. I assume that we won't see much of him until the post season. Even so he already is an upgrade over anyone on our roster not named Metcalf or Lockett.

massari

Reaction score
He's going to breakout soon

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1204909379847241729[/tweet]

“He just hasn’t gotten the ball enough yet to show that for us. But he’s done really well. Josh has been a really good guy around here in practicing and working hard and studying."

“There was a few calls in that game that he had shots but the ball didn’t get to him. And he was there and ran the right route and we were open and (the ball) just didn’t get there because of other issues. But we are counting on him and he could have a big game at any time.’’

“It’s just the culture,’’ said Gordon, who will turn 29 in August. “It’s just different, something that I think has felt more like a fit, I guess, to me. … It’s hard to explain. It’s hard to explain why I like it here.’’

“Absolutely. Absolutely,’’ Gordon said when asked if he’d like to be back with the Seahawks next year. “I mean, that’s my hope, thinking optimistically. I think that’s anybody’s goal, any player’s goal, to try to find a place you can call home in all aspects.’’

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Fans are oversimplifying how complex this is. Understanding the terminology in Schotty’s system is not easy, which is hilarious when you consider that his route concepts aren’t that advanced

getnasty

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3dvnvv28 said:
Fans are oversimplifying how complex this is. Understanding the terminology in Schotty’s system is not easy, which is hilarious when you consider that his route concepts aren’t that advanced

He played 55% of snaps against the Rams so i'm guessing he has a pretty good grasp on the playbook.

Elemas

Reaction score
Continuity is important as well. If he's not the primary target, how well does he "get open"? Pretty damn well imo. Caveat...is Russ looking for him like he does Lockett? Russ and DK are starting to form that type of continuity. Dissly and RW had it in spades.

In just a short amount of time, Gordon's done an incredible job. I'd be flat out shocked if we don't see Lockett, DK, and Gordon as the primary three receiver set going into the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Feels like this will be the game that Gordon gets his first TD as a Hawk. Even w/our iffy at best pass blocking, I have a feeling our WR's will have a good game on Sunday. If they can really establish that run, it's a lot easier to go up top when they don't expect it.

justafan

Reaction score
Its easy to love his potential but that has enabled him to skate his whole career. I dont believe he will come in here and work his ass off and put in extra time to beat out Turner or earn Wilsons and the staffs trust. He is here for a paycheck that has been his motivation for years.

It wasnt the Browns fault he failed there,it wasnt New Englands fault he couldnt beat out no name WRs there. The guy skates on the minimal effort.

Everybody deserves a 2nd chance but his guy has burned about every bridge since he entered college.

I like Turners potential and expect mistakes but I dont think Gordan brings much to the team chemistry,he cant be trusted and he hasnt earned the right to start over Turner.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
getnasty":12v7xkr9 said:
Scorpion05":12v7xkr9 said:

He played 55% of snaps against the Rams so i'm guessing he has a pretty good grasp on the playbook.

This is still oversimplifying it. He may be getting more snaps because of ability, not because of a full grasp of the system.

Certain offenses take chemistry and continuity. Sometimes a few months, or an entire off season is needed. In one instance, I believe in the Vikings game Wilson threw it and Gordon was nowhere in the area. That tells me there was some miscommunication. We have no idea if Gordon is running all the right routes, that’s only revealed behind the scenes in film study.

The QB-WR relationship is important. Once that chemistry and trust is built, I’m sure Gordon will get the ball more