NTCameroon YoungMone* injuredRobert Cooper
DEDre'Mont JonesMyles AdamsM.J. Anderson, Ifeanyi Maijeh
OLBBoye MafeTaylorVi JonesCam Bright
MLBBobby WagnerNick BelloreJoshua OnujioguMichael Ayers
MLBDevin BushJordyn BrooksJon RhattiganRobert Barnes
OLBUchenna Nwosu
Derick Hall
Tyreka SmithPatrick O’Connell

Interesting approach by John, he invest the vast majority of cap on signing defense players, and didn't go after the big name DT in the draft. For our nose tackles, we will have two rookies Cameroon Young and Robert Cooper, Jarran Reed could play some nose too. Since our trio of Woods, Poona and Nome were so bad, Reed, Young and Cooper could be better. Bobby and Davon Bush, got to be better than Jordyn and what's his name?

Rainger

Reaction score
DEJarran ReedMike MorrisJonah Tavai, Jordan Ferguson
NTCameroon YoungMone* injuredRobert Cooper
DEDre'Mont JonesMyles AdamsM.J. Anderson, Ifeanyi Maijeh
OLBBoye MafeTaylorVi JonesCam Bright
MLBBobby WagnerNick BelloreJoshua OnujioguMichael Ayers
MLBDevin BushJordyn BrooksJon RhattiganRobert Barnes
OLBUchenna Nwosu
Derick Hall
Tyreka SmithPatrick O’Connell

Interesting approach by PETE and John, they invest the vast majority of cap on signing defense players, and didn't go after the big name DT in the draft. For our nose tackles, we will have two rookies Cameroon Young and Robert Cooper, Jarran Reed could play some nose too. Since our trio of Woods, Poona and Nome were so bad, Reed, Young and Cooper could be better. Bobby and Davon Bush, got to be better than Jordyn and what's his name?
Fixed it for you.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The team is, on paper, incredibly soft in the middle. No disrespect to Young, but expecting a 4th round rookie to anchor that position seems incredibly bold, and potentially short sighted by the front office.

Inside linebacker also looks very weak on paper. Love Bobby, but let's be honest. He's lost a couple steps, and Bush isn't much better than Barton.

OLB looks strong, and the ends look great. But the middle is a huge concern right now for me.

cymatica

Reaction score
Imo, way more exciting watching young talent develop. Let the young guys play nose tackle, while surrounded by talent. Wagner will definitely help the front 7 even though he's getting old, and the back end looks elite.

Last time I was excited this much was 2012. This team looks loaded minus linebacker.

morgulon1

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on Joshua Onujiogu ? Didn't he play a little last season? Made a few plays.

bileever

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on Joshua Onujiogu ? Didn't he play a little last season? Made a few plays.
He was an UDFA project last year. Onujiogu played at a divison III school, Framingham State, where he was MASCAC defensive player of the year in 2021. He had decent, but not great measurables at his pro day. Seaside Joe wrote this article about him last year before the draft:

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
The team is, on paper, incredibly soft in the middle. No disrespect to Young, but expecting a 4th round rookie to anchor that position seems incredibly bold, and potentially short sighted by the front office.

Inside linebacker also looks very weak on paper. Love Bobby, but let's be honest. He's lost a couple steps, and Bush isn't much better than Barton.

OLB looks strong, and the ends look great. But the middle is a huge concern right now for me.
Lacking an established nose tackle, old bobby, and bust bush, yes that is our weakness.

bileever

Reaction score
Bryan Mone (344 pounds) and Al Woods (331) were better fits as 3-4 nose tackles. Without them, the Seahawks may have to line up in a 4-3 scheme more often than not. You have to scheme for the players you have. In a 4-3, Reed, Jones, Adams and Young can all play DT. Maybe even Morris. Otherwise, we're going to be gashed again, like last year.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Lacking an established nose tackle, old bobby, and bust bush, yes that is our weakness.
Young and Cooper are not nose tackles. I would sign Linval Joseph to a one-year contract. He would be better than anyone we have now. If not, then go to 4-3 and just admit we don’t have the personnel to play 3-4.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I mentioned before the draft that I thought they might be looking for a quicker NT rather than a traditional 340 plodder. Time will tell.
These guys are not that quick, and when you are trying to hold your ground against a double-team from the center/guard, I’ll take a guy like Joseph who is 330 and super strong.

Yes, time sure will tell.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Cooper plays at 335. He will do just fine as our NT.
Really? Some sources list him at 307. Does anybody know what he actually weighed at his pro day?

Even if he is 335, that only checks one box for me. Not many UDFA's become starting nose tackles in their rookie year. I want them to add a veteran NT somehow.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Really? Some sources list him at 307. Does anybody know what he actually weighed at his pro day?

Even if he is 335, that only checks one box for me. Not many UDFA's become starting nose tackles in their rookie year. I want them to add a veteran NT somehow.
335 lbs, but he has short 31" arms, and no much of a pass rusher

BASF

Reaction score

Too many people focus on the combine/pro day. Several of the players are told they need to get leaner to improve their underwear olympics scores. In reality they lose some of what made them successful and they hurt their draft stock.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Too many people focus on the combine/pro day. Several of the players are told they need to get leaner to improve their underwear olympics scores. In reality they lose some of what made them successful and they hurt their draft stock.
Cooper may be limited upside, but he could be, football God willing, serviceable as space eater and run stopper.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Cooper may be limited upside, but he could be, football God willing, serviceable as space eater and run stopper.
Well, if he really does play at 335, he might be “serviceable “. The coaches will find out in training camp. If he is not, we need to add a serviceable veteran, which may be financially difficult with the cap space. This will all be interesting to follow.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Well, if he really does play at 335, he might be “serviceable “. The coaches will find out in training camp. If he is not, we need to add a serviceable veteran, which may be financially difficult with the cap space. This will all be interesting to follow.
100% agree with you, Cooper wouldn't have been a UDFA if there weren't some doubts in his games. As for his weight I am taking FSU's publication as the authority, they listed him at 335. He was a 4 star out of high school recruited by Georgia and Alabama, so he might have some potential.
https://seminoles.com/sports/football/roster/robert-cooper/

Latest posts