Who will cover the Rams?

Decimation

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1vv42jc4 said:
Speed doesn't matter when receivers are getting smashed at the line of scrimmage.

The Seahawks are proven against quality teams like Green Bay, New England, and Chicago. Seattle beat these teams by a total of 9 points (61-52 overall) in clutch situations. These same teams as a collective manhandled St. Louis to the tone of 98-33. All these teams have or had a legit talent at WR/TE, and the only name that can say had his way against Seattle was Brandon Marshall. I don't think either Austin or Bailey are on that guys level (not right now) and they'll never be 6'4"/250lbs that can still run a 4.5 forty.

The Chicago game is also know as the game that platformed Seattle to what it is right now. Players really started to rally behind Russell Wilson, and Seattle finished the season out scoring opponents 170-43 over the last quarter of the season.

You guys lost to Butt Fumble and the Jets...just throwing that out there.

What have Tayvon Austin and Steadman Bailey done in the NFL? Oh, they ran fast for scouts in shorts and scrapped a bit with their pads on for a little bit at Rams Park...cool...I guess.

I'd be stoked if they were showing signs of something special, and I would share some articles/sound bites/video of them this off season putting on a show. But, I wouldn't make a claim before having more concrete evidence to support it, and quite frankly the original post presented non of that. 40 times are fun for kids, scouts, and player cards...other than that they don't mean jack.

Here's some other 4.4 or under 40 yard dashers for your entertainment (thanks BR!) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-could-run-sub-44s-at-the-nfl-combine/page/1 Not a very imposing list, but I'm sure they'll give the Seahawks fits...

Come back during weeks 8 and 17 when Austin/Bailey have played against the big boys and you actually have some ammunition.
/thread

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":91frs83j said:
RamzFanz":91frs83j said:
How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Just looking for insight into the Hawks secondary.

Who will cover a 4.25 slot, 4.35 wideout receiver set with a 4.5 TE leading a 4.35 RB?

Thoughts?

Nobody. It's hopeless. You guys are so uber awesome. We have no chance and they should just hand the Lombardi to you now. Can't wait to see Bradford going to Disneyland. God you are so cool.

:lol:

Giedi

Reaction score
RamzFanz":dpyieq2f said:
How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Just looking for insight into the Hawks secondary.

Who will cover a 4.25 slot, 4.35 wideout receiver set with a 4.5 TE leading a 4.35 RB?

Thoughts?
On top of Seattle having a great secondary, they really are good at injuring players. :3-1:

Meaning, it's not too hard to cover a WR when he's on the bench with a concussion. Tavon, meet Mr. Sherman. :mrgreen:

rideaducati

Reaction score
With absolutely nobody in the rams backfield that scares anyone, I think the Seahawks go press 1 on 1 against EVERY WR the rams roll out and blitz the hell out of Sam the ram. Sam has never done well against pressure. With his receivers unable to get off the line on their timing routes, I doubt "covering the rams" will be too difficult for the Seahawks. They will definitely have a better chance against EVERY other team than they will with Seattle.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The players you named and the one you didn't, only run those times when they run against a stopwatch. It's a different story on the game field. Come on man. You know this stuff.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pmedic920":fmwcwkzz said:
The players you named and the one you didn't, only run those times when they run against a stopwatch. It's a different story on the game field. Come on man. You know this stuff.

No, he really doesn't. He doesn't know any of this stuff.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's funny... it seems like just last season I went down to London to watch an utterly embarrassing performance by the St. Louis Rams. A display so poor that there was no notorious wait for the train outside Wembley Stadium because everyone had gone home long before the end.

Oh wait... it was last season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2c9bb7n4 said:
It's funny... it seems like just last season I went down to London to watch an utterly embarrassing performance by the St. Louis Rams. A display so poor that there was no notorious wait for the train outside Wembley Stadium because everyone had gone home long before the end.

Oh wait... it was last season.

That game and the Jets game are why I am hesitant this year, even though I am very excited about my team. Last year was wonderful to me overall.

Coming off of the worst 5 year losing streak in NFL history, I think Rams have done good to build up. Still a lot to develop and prove though. I believe they will over time.

If it's suddenly this year, I will be extremely happy though I don't expect it. And I will never get the mindset of this type of slam posting.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I just love that we're supposed to be worried about a wide receiver to be named later.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
I just don't see where all this confidence for the Hawks vs Rams is coming from.

Last season the Rams scored on the Hawks with no O line and almost no O weapons. They beat the Hawks at home and almost beat them away.

This season the Rams have Givens, a proven speedster deep threat, Austin, a super elusive speedster, Bailey, who has great hands and a huge catch radius, Quick, coming into his own as a reliable receiver, Cook, an undeniable fast athlete and huge target, and Kendricks who is a solid TE. Add Richardson and Stacey and I think the Hawks will be facing an offense that is next to impossible to cover. You can't just blitz a team with that many targets, they'll 5 yard you every blitz.

Seriously. I see a lot of smack talk but no real answers.

Throwdown

Reaction score
You barely scored like 2 TD's against us, bro. First match up we practically let you win.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RamzFanz":1b0ef9d8 said:
I just don't see where all this confidence for the Hawks vs Rams is coming from.

Last season the Rams scored on the Hawks with no O line and almost no O weapons. They beat the Hawks at home and almost beat them away.

This season the Rams have Givens, a proven speedster deep threat, Austin, a super elusive speedster, Bailey, who has great hands and a huge catch radius, Quick, coming into his own as a reliable receiver, Cook, an undeniable fast athlete and huge target, and Kendricks who is a solid TE. Add Richardson and Stacey and I think the Hawks will be facing an offense that is next to impossible to cover. You can't just blitz a team with that many targets, they'll 5 yard you every blitz.

Seriously. I see a lot of smack talk but no real answers.
And you won't, you don't want to.
Your offensive line is better, but by no means good. Your secondary is still a problem. You still get gashed by good run games, no matter the pass rush prowess of your front 7. You are still counting on rookies to dominate. You still are under the assumption that Bradford just needed more weapons, he was some kind of distilled goodness just waiting years to be good. You are assuming Richardson and co can carry the load and hold up, just pick up Steven Jackson's mantle.

You have left no room for other teams to get better in your self fellating model. Like only the Rams had an off season and everyone else stayed the same. You have elevated rookies into finished products in your own mind. You have assumed that your 2nd year players will just get better. Givens? Yawn. Seattle allowed less big plays than anyone last year, and there is no reason to think that will change, in fact the secondary got better. Our bugaboo was 3rd receivers. Hello Winfield. Fast tight ends are no problem, ours is the D that derped Vernon Davis. Is Cook as good as Vernon Davis? I thought not. Has Richardson cured his butter fingers? I like Steadman Bailey, good pickup. Austin looks like a good kick returner. Your quarterback is never going to justify his draft position, though.

I think the Rams have some good tools. They look to be a fringe playoff contender. Jeff Fisher is a good coach who has always been good at playing for 2nd place in his division.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
First time poster as well as a Rams fan (don't worry, I come in peace). While I am excited about this upcoming season, I don't agree with coming on another team's forum and starting threads such as this. While I am confident that the Rams will take the next step this year, it is crazy to make the claims I have read coming from a couple of these Rams fans. With that, I would have to disagree with the point that the offensive line is not good. Granted, this is assuming health, but one can not argue an offensive line with Jake Long and Saffold as your tackles, Wells at center, and Dahl at right guard. There is a battle for the left guard position, but whoever the starter is will be competent. The offensive line will be good especially considering the job Boudreau did with far less talent (Barry Richardson anyone?) last season. I know some of these posts from Seahawks fans has more to do with this ridiculous thread being started in the first place, but I believe the Rams will surprise those who truly believe they will not do well. This is a new season and remember, most people didn't expect Seattle to have the success they had last season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":9yf6ym2b said:
Has Richardson cured his butter fingers? I like Steadman Bailey, good pickup. Austin looks like a good kick returner. Your quarterback is never going to justify his draft position, though.

I was bored last night and NFLN was replaying the Rams - Browns game so I was curious what the Rams looked like on offense. When I saw Richardson run, I thought of MJD. Without the toughness. Or the bowling ball physique. Really, I just thought of a short skinny guy who's going to get mauled. And then I saw him drop an easily catchable ball over the middle. I really hope he's the starting running back for the Rams. I really do.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Nice post DCB,
As for the games last year (this is for Ramfanz) game at your house was one by ST's with no help from your offense in fact your kicker had to perform miracles and a trick play was your only TD.

Game two was a game we were playing for nothing. A loss had no effect and we just came off frlivering three complete ass woopins so the fact we Stoll won is pretty significant.

Reality is you managed to hold serve to a team playing for nothing. It's not like your games against the Niners.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1vpxgk02 said:
Nice post DCB,
As for the games last year (this is for Ramfanz) game at your house was one by ST's with no help from your offense in fact your kicker had to perform miracles and a trick play was your only TD.

Game two was a game we were playing for nothing. A loss had no effect and we just came off frlivering three complete ass woopins so the fact we Stoll won is pretty significant.

Reality is you managed to hold serve to a team playing for nothing. It's not like your games against the Niners.

I hate to counterpoint this and give Rams fans ammo, but there was still a slight chance we'd have won the division with a Rams win. Granted, it was almost a foregone conclusion SF was going to beat the Cards, but the possibility remained. Furthermore, I don't think Pete would ever let his team 'play for nothing'. Always compete.

The Rams played us well. They'll play us well again this year because of the familiarity. Records don't really matter much in the division, ya know? (Unless you're the Browns.)