Who will be starting corners Week 1? (Poll)

Who starts at corner Week 1?

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hello Seahawks.net. Jerhawk here.

I was listening to Mike Salk talk about the Seahawks corners this season, and it sounds like there's a lot of excitement for this group so far!

Who do you predict will be the starting cornerback duo Week 1?

I didn't include Justin Coleman or Ugo Amadi in the poll since those our primarily slot/nickel corners. And I didn't include Tre Brown for Week 1 since he's on the PUP due to last season's injury.

Thanks for participating! Go Hawks!

BTW I voted for Sidney Jones and Cobe Bryant week 1. Hopefully Tariq Woolen can emerge later in the season. Just my thoughts there.

To reference our current depth chart at corner:

Artie Burns, Sidney Jones, Coby Bryant, Tariq Woolen.
Here's a website showing the current depth chart for reference:

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think the depth at corner is exciting. If Tre Brown comes back 100% sometime soon, it's going to hard to choose who gets cut.

I do hope Coleman sticks around. He was such a good nickel in his last Seahawks stint.

Own The West

Reaction score
I think Jones and Burns will start the season, but I am confident in our depth which goes 6-7 deep.

More telling will be who starts next year as Jones and Burns are on one-year deals and may both be expendable by years' end.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's still very early! Hard to know who will start as yet. There are a good number potentially good solid CBs here to compete for the job. Jones and Burns are presently the front runners. Artie Burns was int round pick who has had injury issues but with luck he can demonstrate his talent.

I hope the team has scored with each of the Brown, Bryant, and Wollen additions. Brown played well last season before he got hurt, sure hope he recovers completely. the early reports on Bryant and Wollen are encouraging. Sidney Jones is a good solid corner and I liked what we saw from Coleman when he was here before. The new staff have lots of depth to choose from and I predict this whole group will be much improved this season.

Didn't vote b/c I just don't know yet. My bet though is that the starting corners wk.1 will be different from those starting later in the season as the young talent develops. How soon that transition occurs will be an interesting thing to watch.

Last edited:

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hello Seahawks.net. Jerhawk here.

I was listening to Mike Salk talk about the Seahawks corners this season, and it sounds like there's a lot of excitement for this group so far!

Who do you predict will be the starting cornerback duo Week 1?

I didn't include Justin Coleman or Ugo Amadi in the poll since those our primarily slot/nickel corners. And I didn't include Tre Brown for Week 1 since he's on the PUP due to last season's injury.

Thanks for participating! Go Hawks!

BTW I voted for Sidney Jones and Cobe Bryant week 1. Hopefully Tariq Woolen can emerge later in the season. Just my thoughts there.

To reference our current depth chart at corner:

Artie Burns, Sidney Jones, Coby Bryant, Tariq Woolen.
Here's a website showing the current depth chart for reference:
I think experience will win out and it’ll be Burns and Jones, but I expect Coby will rotate in to get reps. Woolen is the one I wonder about. He’s more of a project, but if he balls out in preseason games, they may not want to risk waivers to get him to the practice squad.

Nickel should also be a good battle between Coleman, Amadi and Blair.

Edit: I forgot about Tre Brown. He looked good before the injury last year.

Lots of talent and not enough spots. It’s a good problem to have.