Who does Seattle pick at #5? (Poll)

With the Fifth pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select....

• Bryce Young

• CJ Stroud

• Will Anderson Jr

• Will Levis

• Jalen Carter

• Myles Murphy

• Tyree Wilson

• Bryan Bresee

• Other player

• None. They trade out

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
With the Fifth pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select....

Ok, in three months, the moment will finally arive. The #5 overall pick. Who do you have Seattle drafting there? Discuss below let's have fun!

BASF

Reaction score
I would love for them to actually choose someone there as there will be some difference makers there for our defense. However, I think we get too many good offers to trade out and we have a lot of needs at the line of scrimmage primarily, and then the linebacking group. We need more picks and trading out is our best option given how little money we have for free agents.

Last edited:

sdog1981

Reaction score
If teams go QB crazy and start trading up into the top 3 the hawks could end up with one of the two players they really covet. If not I think they are going to pick with 5 and trade back the 20th pick.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Obivously a lot can change but I said Levis. I think Carter,Anderson,Young,Stroud are all taken. I'm going QB because the team has seemed to set themselves up to take advantage of a rookie QB contract and can build the rest of the team up for the next 5+ years while getting a value at the QB position with what is hopefully an elite caliber guy.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
I hope Will Levis is still on the table because JS/PC would have to to pick him. I like his badass demeanor, something we have been lacking for a long time at the position.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Obivously a lot can change but I said Levis. I think Carter,Anderson,Young,Stroud are all taken. I'm going QB because the team has seemed to set themselves up to take advantage of a rookie QB contract and can build the rest of the team up for the next 5+ years while getting a value at the QB position with what is hopefully an elite caliber guy.

looks like kiper agrees. to me it just depends on how JS feels about levis. i think a trade down is the highest possibility without knowing how JS is grading these QBs

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Will will Levis (that's weird to type) be the next Josh Allen or Zach Wilson?

If there's one thing I trust with Schneider is his ability to scout QBs. If he trusts Will, then I'm on board.

Brock and Salk this morning were balking at the idea of him being a Seahawk but they really didn't have much evidence to back up why they didn't like him other than they didn't like him.

Will Levis was my vote. I would love Jalen Carter, and obviously if they resign Geno then they probably won't be in the market for Levis, but he seems like a really good QB prospect to me.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Levis played behind a terrible O-Line this past year. That is the main reason why this past season was kind of underwhelming for him compared to his junior year.

renofox

Reaction score
Anderson will be gone.
Carter has poor conditioning and production and will probably always be a middling player in the NFL.

I hope there is a QB available that JS thinks will be able to excel in the NFL and that the Seahawks take him.

If no QB, I hope they find a good trade partner to get a 2024 1st from so that they'll get another chance at a good QB.

The difference in potential between players taken at 6 and players taken 7-31 is miniscule in this draft.

Trading down is a good 2nd choice to acquiring a QB.

Last edited:

massari

Reaction score
Brock and Salk this morning were balking at the idea of him being a Seahawk but they really didn't have much evidence to back up why they didn't like him other than they didn't like him.
Levis and Richardson are too risky for Huard to take in the 1st, which is understandable. I also hate that Levis is going to be a 24 year old rookie

WarHawks

Reaction score
If teams are concerned about Young's size, I could see him dropping to #5, with Stroud and Levis picked before him. Not likely probably, but certainly a possibility. If he's there at 5, do the Hawks pass?

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If teams are concerned about Young's size, I could see him dropping to #5, with Stroud and Levis picked before him. Not likely probably, but certainly a possibility. If he's there at 5, do the Hawks pass?
I sure hope not. If Bryce Young falls to #5 you have to take him there imo

KinesProf

Reaction score
My nature is to swing for the fences and either be burned or rewarded hugely... so Anthony Richardson. All the talent you could ask a QB to be blessed with, 21 years of age, but with minimal seasoning and experience. Hell, I'm not convinced there isn't a slight possibility that he goes #1 overall, and I put a future on that at +10000.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
My nature is to swing for the fences and either be burned or rewarded hugely... so Anthony Richardson. All the talent you could ask a QB to be blessed with, 21 years of age, but with minimal seasoning and experience. Hell, I'm not convinced there isn't a slight possibility that he goes #1 overall, and I put a future on that at +10000.
Hey I like the Wild card selection here.

I wonder if he would still be available at the #20 pick?

renofox

Reaction score

massari

Reaction score

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Drafting Cross and Lucas was the perfect prelude to drafting an elite pocket passer.

Additionally we were able to learn Geno's ceiling and while there is no doubt he blew away all of our expectations, some credit for his success has to be given to Cross and Lucas. The bottom line, there isn't a realistic path to the super bowl with Geno. Geno isn't capable of putting enough points on the board and selecting all defensive players in the draft and have them magically develop into the next LOB over the off season is just asking a bit too much.