Who are your top 5 most hated teams?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":32hz3thz said:
New owner with mega-bucks... possible new stadium coming... top notch head coach... youngest team in NFL... coming off a season where win total was increased by 5.5... 2 more first round picks in 2014...

Yeah, I'm so worried about the future.

Fans like you have that typical nouveau riche attitude. We'll see if you're still around when the Hawks go through a long dry spell (and trust me, every team has them, so it will happen to your team too).

Technically, he increased your win total by 5.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I think its pretty reasonable to classify a tie as .5, given that a team that is 7-8-1 is deemed (for draft slotting purposes, for example) to be .5 games ahead of a team that is 7-9.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3a67ekcx said:
It's like watching someone tease a challenged kid. It just ain't right.

That comment makes me think of the line from Jerry Maguire:

"See, that’s the difference between us. You think we’re fighting, and I think we’re finally talking.”

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AvengerRam":35eez9kw said:
Scottemojo":35eez9kw said:
It's like watching someone tease a challenged kid. It just ain't right.

That comment makes me think of the line from Jerry Maguire:

"See, that’s the difference between us. You think we’re fighting, and I think we’re finally talking.”
Dude, the guy is totally teasing you.

Also, since you live nowhere near STL, why do you even care if they move again? If the move from LA to STL didn't affect you, why are so invested in proving they will not move again? FTW sees this about you clear as day, so he just dangles the bait.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I really don't care that much if they move. Sure, the flight to LA might cost a few more $ than the flight to St. Louis on my annual trip to a Rams home game but, other than that, I really don't have a dog in the fight.

What I find amusing is that you don't get that (1) I'm fully aware that FTW is trying to bait me into a fight, and (2) he's failed, as I've simply provided clear responses to his arguments and (many) misstatements.

Go back to the Smack Shack.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1q9ze5v7 said:
I think its pretty reasonable to classify a tie as .5, given that a team that is 7-8-1 is deemed (for draft slotting purposes, for example) to be .5 games ahead of a team that is 7-9.

He increased your winning percentage, yes by the equivalent of 5.5 games. He did not increase your win total by 5.5 games. I mean, if we are going to really talk, then let us be intellectually honest. To be quite frank, I expected you to be a little better with numbers.

But tying this all back into the original post so as not to get too far off track with your inability to tally a column correctly: you are under estimating what moving a team does to team's fan base. Look at classic example of the Colts/Ravens relationship, or even locally to us with the Sonics fiasco. You want to make light of what most likely amounts to several hundreds of thousands of fan's hearts being broken, I guess I just don't agree with that. Maybe that makes me the bad guy here, but I don't think ANY fan base should have to go through that, and the fact that the Rams' fans have gone through it TWICE (possibly a third?) makes me sick to my stomach. Just bring up OKC around Seattle and see the reaction. My point being, most fans don't follow the team afterwards. I remember the feeling when the Hawks were close to moving (vans packed and everything) and that must suck for you guys to have to live with those type of rumors and uncertainty all the time.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
You are a silly person.

The only Rams fans who have had their heart broken "TWICE" by the team moving are those who were fans in Cleveland before 1946, had their heart broken when the team moved to LA, then moved to LA, only to have their heart broken again in 1995 when the team moved to St. Louis (a fan fitting this description would have to be in their 70s to be able to remember both of these moves).

While I think it is wonderful that you have such a big heart that you would express concern for this tiny subset of Rams fans, the reality is, most Rams fans only remember one move by the team.

Are we done yet?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":fmoz0nxi said:
You are a silly person.

The only Rams fans who have had their heart broken "TWICE" by the team moving are those who were fans in Cleveland before 1946, had their heart broken when the team moved to LA, then moved to LA, only to have their heart broken again in 1995 when the team moved to St. Louis (a fan fitting this description would have to be in their 70s to be able to remember both of these moves).

While I think it is wonderful that you have such a big heart that you would express concern for this tiny subset of Rams fans, the reality is, most Rams fans only remember one move by the team.

Are we done yet?

Even once is too many times, AR, don't you see that?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
What difference does it make? As fans, we don't have control over where the team plays. If a team elects to move, fans have to make a choice. They can either stick with the team, or reject them.

Your suggestion that Rams fans live in fear of the team moving again is just wrong. While a couple of sportwriters in LA and St. Louis have tried to stir that pot, few people really think the team is going to move again.

Again, thanks for your concern. You're a great guy and I love the new avatar.

All the best.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2tds317l said:
What difference does it make? As fans, we don't have control over where the team plays. If a team elects to move, fans have to make a choice. They can either stick with the team, or reject them.

Your suggestion that Rams fans live in fear of the team moving again is just wrong. While a couple of sportwriters in LA and St. Louis have tried to stir that pot, few people really think the team is going to move again.

Again, thanks for your concern. You're a great guy and I love the new avatar.

All the best.

I guess when you aren't truly tied to where the team is from, it doesn't matter. Some bonds of fandom are a little harder to break, and I think that is where being uprooted really comes into play. I don't know if I could be a fan of a team that I wasn't a fan of the city/area that it belonged to. Believe me, I have been to STL, I understand why the stadium is always half full.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I assume you weren't being literal, given that (according to NFL.com) the Rams average attendance was 86.8% of capacity.

But, to the exent that the Rams have had empty seats, why do you think that is?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1yi7afjo said:
I assume you weren't being literal, given that (according to NFL.com) the Rams average attendance was 86.8% of capacity.

But, to the exent that the Rams have had empty seats, why do you think that is?

The fans aren't connected to the team.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
And for what it is worth, we all know 86% is near the lowest in the league. I wonder what the attendance is after half time.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
So, when the stadium was full from 1999-2003, the fans were connected?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
HawksFTW":26fdpwk4 said:
And for what it is worth, we all know 86% is near the lowest in the league. I wonder what the attendance is after half time.

They ranked 28th out of 32 teams, ahead of Oakland, San Diego, Tampa Bay and Miami.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3hcj55xw said:

Most likely bandwagon fans. For what it is worth I was there in 2002 and 2003, the stadium was 3/4 full both times, even though they announced a full crowd. Nearly empty by the start of the 4th quarter. Most disconnected fan base I have experienced, and I have been to over half the stadiums in the league.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":13qm5uiz said:
HawksFTW":13qm5uiz said:

They ranked 28th out of 32 teams, ahead of Oakland, San Diego, Tampa Bay and Miami.

Well that makes sense at least. Three of those cities have lots of fun stuff to do, and the other is Oakland.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Thanks for your concern.

As I've said before. I've been a Rams fan for over 35 years. I'm not going anywhere. I'll continue to be a fan wherever they play, and regardless of how many people attend the games.

I'll let Stan Kroenke worry about the rest.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1o4jtxyg said:
Thanks for your concern.

As I've said before. I've been a Rams fan for over 35 years. I'm not going anywhere. I'll continue to be a fan wherever they play, and regardless of how many people attend the games.

I'll let Stan Kroenke worry about the rest.

Like I said, I think in some ways fans from out of state are much more flexible with their fandom. I would bet the Rams have more fans from out of state, than in state. Maybe that is why their attendance is so low.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":peon3sts said:

I actually just looked up the Rams attendance for these years, you guys very rarely were full by NFL standards, averaging right around 89-90% which would have put them at 25th ranked attendance compared to the last couple of years.