When to be the LOUDEST at Seahawks games

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HawksFTW":3n079bnl said:
loafoftatupu":3n079bnl said:
It was retained though and those same fans know exactly what to do. They are the example of crowd noise.

Sorry, the crowd has been lacking over the last couple of years. Truth.

I can promise you that it if has been lacking, it isnt showing on the field. I have been very fortunate in that I have been on the sidelines during kickoff at least 2 times a year. Every time, it is loud enough that sound is just distortion.

I have seen some folks in 124 not yelling for years, but it is still crazy. But the defense pinned back on the South side? They are all screaming. Every Niner game since 2010 has been crazy loud.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
To maximize the vocal output and minimize the strain on the vocal chords, i's all about breathing and letting the diaphragm do the work.

This is NOT heaving your chest upward and outward on inhale. It is a feeling of expanding your lungs DOWNWARD, as though you are squeezing a balloon that starts just below your sternum. Squeeze the balloon down toward your guts. Then release the sound by letting the balloon re-inflate slowly upward. This pushes the air outward in a steady stream.

If you practice and have a decent lung capacity, you can sustain a long, loud droning sound from the time the 9ers are just about to form the huddle through the snap with little difficulty.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seattle fans are the loudest, regardless of the stadium design.

The loudest basketball game I've ever seen was a replay of the 1979 (I think) finals with the Seattle SuperSonics. I think there were 36,000 people at the game...holy crap it was loud when they scored.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just let my alcohol fueled motor do the yelling. I have never cracked during a game. There has been a time or too when I felt a potential drop off, but got through it by digging deeper.

There won't be any issues come Sunday night for this crowd.

SF still has potential for pre snap trouble. They had an instance or two at home vs GB. I am positive we will expose it.

C-Dub

Reaction score
muxpux":3igxmh15 said:
yeah, i know it wears on the voice, but ive never understood people not ramping up during/before the huddle. i know thats a lot of yelling, but man. and as for the orange glove guys, never seen that. interesting.
:13:

Rather than wait for the offense to line up, start yelling before they huddle.

bucky

Reaction score
It's okay to repost this once a year. There's always going to be young, new fans who don't realize these "obvious" things.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I've always taken so much pride in how Seattle fans make noise on every single defensive snap. Regardless the score, time in game, opposing team, etc.

I've been to 11 or so different stadiums (including places with loud reps like KC, MIN, NO) and not one of them does this. Most places only make noise on 3rd or 4th down and when their offense scores.

It might sound simple to Seattle fans. But this is what sets us apart from other stadiums. Sure, the volume of the noise is great. But it's the consistency of it that makes our place special. Our fans take more pride in getting loud than anywhere else.

Go Hawks.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seahwkfvr":2yo2eqwg said:
whatever you want to keep your vocal cords ready
Look for network controllers on the sideline (usually near the sideline by the replay tent), they usually wear neon orange gloves to tell the ref when to perform a TV timeout, if you seem them make an X symbol, the game is pausing. Don't get loud if you see this.

Example:
orange-gloves-timeout.jpg

If you've ever watched a game before and it's about affecting the game couldn't you just, you know, like, look down at the players themselves down on the field rather than hunting out some schlub in a vest?!?!?!

I guess if you're just being loud for the cameras though -- which is admittedly pretty funny -- this makes sense, though. Good tip.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1tyjuwmv said:
I guess if you're just being loud for the cameras though -- which is admittedly pretty funny -- this makes sense, though. Good tip.

It's not about performing for the cameras. It's about reducing/eliminating wasted energy. If you've screamed through an entire football game to the point where you give yourself a headache before the 4th quarter even begins, but you keep screaming until the end anyway, it's a good idea to be efficient with your vocal chords.

redhawk253

Reaction score
muxpux":2sbtyp35 said:
yeah, i know it wears on the voice, but ive never understood people not ramping up during/before the huddle. i know thats a lot of yelling, but man. and as for the orange glove guys, never seen that. interesting.

this is actually one of the most important times to be loud.. you will see players run the wrong routes.. false starts.. delay of game.. all because the qb cannot get the play across properly to his players or the snap count etc.. right around the snap is important as well.. but while they are huddling up is always when im the loudest.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1lmhurjm said:
We are the loudest fan base in the NFL, but every time I go to a game, I see a LOT of people not giving it their all; and a significant amount of people not even bothering to make any noise while the opposing team is in the huddle. We have a lot of room for improvement, still.
This! My section has a people that don't give if their all.... Shoot. The entire game cor the past eight years I scream and loose my voice. I am always having to get the neighbors into it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkMeat, if you turn around and keep throwing your hands up while screaming when people are in the huddle, you can eventually get much of your immediate section following you. Make a big show of stopping yelling while they walk to the line after breaking up from the huddle, then dramatically resume yelling. I do this every time throughout the whole game, and by the end of each game, at least half of the people that were not "doing it right" were following my lead by the 4th quarter. (I'm not a season ticket holder, so I just buy tickets for me and a friend in the 100-level when I want to go to a game.)

We all need to try and improve those around us with this.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x30f4u7o said:
HawkMeat, if you turn around and keep throwing your hands up while screaming when people are in the huddle, you can eventually get much of your immediate section following you. Make a big show of stopping yelling while they walk to the line after breaking up from the huddle, then dramatically resume yelling. I do this every time throughout the whole game, and by the end of each game, at least half of the people that were not "doing it right" were following my lead by the 4th quarter. (I'm not a season ticket holder, so I just buy tickets for me and a friend in the 100-level when I want to go to a game.)

We all need to try and improve those around us with this.

That does work, but I want go see everyone screaming. :)

seats in 300 level. Luckily I am not the only one trying to get people into it. There are a few others in the section that assist. Glad when I see other 12 's like yourself in getting the surronding crowd into it being loud. I think it will be even better this year.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
For those of you going, why not make a sign to hold up for your section? A sign not for the TV, a sign for those non-screamers...

Latest posts