What's the "Most Wrong" you've been as a Seahawks fan?

BASF

Reaction score
My biggest one is still the most disappointing after all these years: I was convinced that the We want the ball and we're going to score incident was going to motivate the team to get more serious and mentally tougher. I believed that what ended up happening in 2005 was going to happen in 2004. The potential was there for it to happen, but with the failure of Terreal Bierria costing us the Rams game in OT with, the team pretty much lost their juice. The next game he got beat deep again setting up the game winning score. The next week we essentially manufactured a loss to the Cardinals and the season was not lost, but you could see that the teams mentality was not good enough to do anything in the playoffs. Bierria cost us four games that season and destroyed the mentality of that season. Thankfully we got the mojo next season.

The second biggest was basically of my own making. I loved Rashad Moore's fire and his technique. I was convinced that he was our next great tackle and would be a pro bowler for years to come. He did have a good season in 2004, but the truth is that he was not physically gifted enough to sustain an NFL career.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was also one that was underwhelmed by the Carroll hire and had no idea it would work out as well as it did.
Wrong in a good way again, with all the buzz over Wilson after the first 2 preseason games I thought people were over-reacting to how he looked vs backups and would come crashing down to earth when he started the game in KC.

Wrong - thought the Jimmy Graham trade would move the offense to the next level and thought Unger was close to done anyway
Many many others but will use that one

samwize77

Reaction score
I was wrong on BWags....never heard of him and was sayin.....WTF?????

On the good side I had actually seen a few videos of Kam......and just thought we need this guy, hes gonna be a bad ass.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Jim Mora was going to keep it going with 10-win seasons and improve the defense.
John Kitna was going to be the QB to lead the team into the 2000s
Ricky Watters was not washed at 32
It was smart to allow Hutch to test the market and comeback happy
The team could easily replace Kevin Mawae
Lamar King was going to be a steal in the 1999 draft

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought Jon Kitna was going to be our future Franchise QB and that Leonard Weaver was going to be a perennial Pro Bowler. Also bought into the Rick Mirer hype when drafted. Thought Tom Flores would take us to the promised land. I'm sure there are many others but those stand out.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I was a big fan of Fred Jackson during his 9 years as a Bill, so I thought he was going to light it up for the Seahawks. The one-two combination of Lynch-Jackson, back together again.

It didn't turn out that way of course. I suppose at 34 years of age as a running back, your best years are behind you.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought Franco Harris was going to get us to the Super Bowl.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I thought Franco Harris was going to get us to the Super Bowl.

I was crushed by Warner's injury, especially after the Seahawks had gotten so close in the magical 1983 season (I hate the Raiders forever). I hoped the Seahawks might get something useful out of Harris, but I wasn't optimistic, even though I greatly admired Harris's work with the Steelers. And at the first Seahawks game I attended, the one in Foxborough in September of 1984, I "got to" see Harris in a Seahawks uniform, sucking a lot. It was unpleasant, but I wasn't surprised at all. I still asked Harris for his autograph in my game program after the game, but it was 100% because of what he'd previously done with the Steelers.

So even though I was a teenager living on the other side of the country (Maine), I wasn't wrong about the Harris acquisition. On the other hand,
  • I believed McGwire might make a positive difference when I heard the Seahawks had drafted him and why (according to what I heard and read in Chicago, it was to try to take advantage of changes in the "in-the-grasp" rules).
  • I was happy when the Seahawks drafted Mirer, because the folks in the media to which I had access in Santa Barbara (Los Angeles Times, talking-head mediots on TV) told me it was a good pick.
  • I was psyched about the trade for Jimmy Graham.
  • I was also pretty happy about the trade for Sheldon Richardson, and thought he would be the final piece the Seahawks needed to get back to (and win!) the Super Bowl. I remember I was using a ride-sharing app (BlaBlaCar) to get from São Paulo to a beach called Maresias, where some friends lived, and a couple of times when we stopped, I checked the ESPN web page on my phone to see if there was news about Richardson. I was really happy when I saw that it was done. If I recall correctly, it was the Seahawks app that told me first.

Boohman14

Reaction score
  • I was also pretty happy about the trade for Sheldon Richardson, and thought he would be the final piece the Seahawks needed to get back to (and win!) the Super Bowl. I remember I was using a ride-sharing app (BlaBlaCar) to get from São Paulo to a beach called Maresias, where some friends lived, and a couple of times when we stopped, I checked the ESPN web page on my phone to see if there was news about Richardson. I was really happy when I saw that it was done. If I recall correctly, it was the Seahawks app that told me first.
I forgot about Sheldon Richardson. I thought he's be a stud for us. My wife mocked me, (she's a Cowboy fan), saying that anyone named Sheldon is gonna be a diva that won't play well with others. Sadly she nailed it.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
I was positive the defense could hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, when I was sitting in the stands at SB49.

If only we would have not followed the rules and kept Cliff in (like the Pats did with Edelman who clearly belonged in cp).

Avril leaving was the key. Also Kearse's drop. But that's a different topic.

TwilightError

Reaction score
In early season 2012, I was adamant that they should start Matt Flynn over Russell Wilson..

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I was crushed by Warner's injury, especially after the Seahawks had gotten so close in the magical 1983 season (I hate the Raiders forever). I hoped the Seahawks might get something useful out of Harris, but I wasn't optimistic, even though I greatly admired Harris's work with the Steelers. And at the first Seahawks game I attended, the one in Foxborough in September of 1984, I "got to" see Harris in a Seahawks uniform, sucking a lot. It was unpleasant, but I wasn't surprised at all. I still asked Harris for his autograph in my game program after the game, but it was 100% because of what he'd previously done with the Steelers.

So even though I was a teenager living on the other side of the country (Maine), I wasn't wrong about the Harris acquisition.
I hated that move when it happened. I was hoping the Seahawks would make a move to get Earl Campbell.