What's the "Most Wrong" you've been as a Seahawks fan?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Like embarrassingly wrong? Like you hope the .net server crashes and your take is lost forever wrong?

In my 45 years of fandom....

Here are my two..

1. Being furious that Mike would stick with that bum Hasselbeck over Dilfer, who was obviously better. I remember booing Matt and screaming for Dilfer at Husky stadium. (Hass ended up being my favorite Seahawks of all time).

2. This one is tough. I wanted Sanchez. Mr. butt fumble himself. There was no doubt in my mind that we should have picked him at three and that he was going to be a All Pro for years to come. The only thing that somewhat dilutes my ineptitude is that the fact that we actually took someone worse.

What you guys got ?

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
Of course, no matter what anyone posts, it will never the trump the infamous dude who wrote

"Russell Wilson will be the worst QB in Seahawks history, and I've been around long enough to see them all".

(or something to that affect)

Spohawks

Reaction score
I honestly thought the Seahawks were going to ROCK the next year all through the late 80s and 90s.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk's blunders include:

Being upset they drafted Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays

Wanting Josh Portis to start 2012 season

Believing Chad Eaton was going to fill Cortez Kennedy's shoes

Supporting Shaun Alexander's contract extension

Upset we didn't draft Tim Tebow

Buying a Percy Harvin jersey, believing he was the future

Wanting Taco Wallace to make the 53 man roster

Crowning Leonard Weaver a future MVP candidate

keasley45

Reaction score
I also would like to add that I was convinced Ken Hamlin was on the fast track to the Ring of Honor and the HOF.

Ken was a very good player who was sidelined by that weird brawl where his skull was on the receiving end of a baseball bat or some such thing, no?

Wonder what impact that had on his career...

We've had some outstanding Safety play over the years...

Easley, Robinson, Hamlin, Milloy (borrowed), Chancellor, ET3, Adams, Diggs...

Reads like our franchise RB list...

Own The West

Reaction score
I was so happy when Mychael Kendricks was drafted meaning we could ‘steal’ Lavonte David. A couple minutes later I was livid though, scrambling to the internet to look up wtf was Bobby Wagner?

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Ken was a very good player who was sidelined by that weird brawl where his skull was on the receiving end of a baseball bat or some such thing, no?

Wonder what impact that had on his career...

We've had some outstanding Safety play over the years...

Easley, Robinson, Hamlin, Milloy (borrowed), Chancellor, ET3, Adams, Diggs...

Reads like our franchise RB list...
I believe it was a stop sign or construction sign. It significantly hampered his career despite him earning Pro Bowl later with Dallas, many teams were scared off by any lingering ramifications, so it was a big opportunity cost and earnings loss. Obviously it was devastating on many levels for the Hawks. Losing your stud safety 5 games into the 2005 season was a pretty big deal.

One does gotta love that list of all-time greats at safety though!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I fell hook line and sinker for the media hype that Rick Mirer would be "the next Joe Montana." In 1993, I bought multiple of his rookie cards, including an autographed one that I paid over 100 bucks for!

They both played at Notre Dame.

And that kids ends the similarities and accomplishments between Joe Montana and Rick Mirer.