What to draft for offense?

toffee

Reaction score
QBGeno SmithDrew LockHendon Hooker as project?
WR1Tyler LockettEasop Winston Jr??
WR2DK MetcalfDareke Young??
WR3Dee EksridgeCade Johnson??
TEWill DissilyColby ParkingsonTrade Fant for cap, draft La Porta?
RBKen Walker IVDJ DallasRoschon Johnson
LTCharles CrossStone Forsythe
LGDamien LewisGreg Eiland
CEvan BrownWypler
RGPhil HaynesChandler Zavala
RTAbe LucasJake Curhan

Our offense look pretty good after the re-signing Geno and Lock, and signing Evan Brown. Still a few needs:
  1. We badly need a WR3, can't trust Eskridge, can we?
  2. Another WR that can step in for Lockett or DK in case of injuries would be nice, any suggestions?
  3. Also need a Center to back up and eventually replace Evan? I picked Wypler, or the center from Wisconsin.
  4. Need another RB, I think a late round pick on Roschan Johnson would be the perfect ying to K9's yang.
  5. We need more cap space, trading Fant and drafting someone like La Porta would save quite a bit.
We may have to invest some draft capital on WR, RB, TE, and Center?

Fade

Reaction score
CEvan BrownWypler
RTAbe LucasJake Curhan

Our offense look pretty good after the re-signing Geno and Lock, and signing Evan Brown. Still a few needs:
  2. Another WR that can step in for Lockett or DK in case of injuries would be nice, any suggestions?
  3. Also need a Center to back up and eventually replace Evan? I picked Wypler, or the center from Wisconsin.
  4. Need another RB, I think a late round pick on Roschan Johnson would be the perfect ying to K9's yang.
  5. We need more cap space, trading Fant and drafting someone like La Porta would save quite a bit.
A lot of great draft picks listed there, save for Dee Eskeridge.

I'd like the Seahawks to spend most of their picks on offense, upcoming.

Name any OL, RB, or TE prospect slated to go in the late 1st through 3rd rd in this draft. They are all good. I'd be satisfied with any in that group. This draft is ripe for the pluckin' in that range.

WR is weak for a change. I can't remember the last time a draft was this weak at WR. Buncha slot guys. WR & QB are excellent value plays in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Sadly though, Pete's about to flush another draft trying to fix his broken defense.

The Seahawks throw so few darts, and rarely ever miss on offense. It's astounding. I'd like to keep that train rolling.

They can't hit the broadside of a barn on defense post LOB, disappointingly.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
A lot of great draft picks listed there, save for Dee Eskeridge.

I'd like the Seahawks to spend most of their picks on offense, upcoming.

Name any OL, RB, or TE prospect slated to go in the late 1st through 3rd rd in this draft. They are all good. I'd be satisfied with any in that group. This draft is ripe for the pluckin' in that range.

WR is weak for a change. I can't remember the last time a draft was this weak at WR. Buncha slot guys. WR & QB are excellent value plays in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Sadly though, Pete's about to flush another draft trying to fix his broken defense.

The Seahawks throw so few darts, and rarely ever miss on offense. It's astounding. I'd like to keep that train rolling.

They can't hit the broadside of a barn on defense post LOB, disappointingly.
On most of my mocks, I used all first and second round picks on defense, or at least 3 of those on defense. Occasionally I used one of the 2nd round on a center etc. I use PFF Simulator, so always influenced by the sim's placing of available picks which is according to their big board.

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
On most of mocks, I used first and second round picks on defense, or at least 3 of those on defense. Then use one of the 2nd round on a center etc. I use PFF Simulator, so always influenced by the sim's placing of available picks which is according to their big board.
They should go defense early, regardless of their dubious history drafting on that side of the ball, because that's just how the talent is concentrated in this draft.

Mid-2nd on they should draft offense, offense, offense. Pick up a DB in the 5th, because it's the one thing on defense they are good at doing when it comes to drafting on defense.

Ignore need as an exorcise.

1-20 - D-Line (Simply a coincidence the Seahawks need help here. If the Seahawks were deep on the D-Line, I'd still suggest taking a D-Lineman here.)

I slot the talent accordingly, I ignore the NFL roster I am drafting for, save for Franchise QB, if you have one of those taking a QB in the 1st is dumb. Imagine the Chiefs taking a QB in the 1st when they have Mahomes as an example. So that is the lone exception.

Early 2nd (Anyone fall out of the 1st worth taking?) This is a general rule that can be applied every year.

Mid 2nd- Through the 3rd (O-Line and TE, are awesome here.)

4th-There should be an awesome slot WR on the board here no doubt. Based on the mocks I have run. Maybe a QB will have fallen as well worth taking a flyer on, as well.

5th-Pete Carroll DB voodoo magic.

Is how the draft should go if the Seahawks are smart and draft to the talent of the draft. Not reach for a buncha defensive players that fill needs in the middle rounds like Naz Jones, and Cody Barton in the recent past.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
5th-Pete Carroll DB voodoo magic.

Pete's voodoo didn't work on Tre Flowers :) Anyways, my last mock, somehow at #5, Anderson, Carter and Levi all available, so I traded down to #7, sim gave me Anderson. As is, I got Anderson-Kancey-Mazi, even got Coburn as Mazi's backup, and Pappoe as a project. May be Pete can use his voodoo and turn Pappoe into a SS, he is smaller but much faster than Kam.

For offense, I traded Fant and replaced him with LaPorta, backup/project WR and RB in Wilson and Johnson. yes, a center Wypler too.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
CEvan BrownWypler
RTAbe LucasJake Curhan

I have to say, John Schneider must have read your post, and he drafted accordingly! He got all four of your draft requests, I think. (You did forget to say we needed a backup for Haynes, but John knew what you were thinking.) We'll have to see about number 5.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I have to say, John Schneider must have read your post, and he drafted accordingly! He got all four of your draft requests, I think. (You did forget to say we needed a backup for Haynes, but John knew what you were thinking.) We'll have to see about number 5.
John is holding on to Fant, I thought he would have traded Fant for picks and cap relieve.

bileever

Reaction score
John is holding on to Fant, I thought he would have traded Fant for picks and cap relieve.
He could still trade Noah Fant to lower the cap. The ideal thing is if he could trade him for an interior D-lineman. But this would have been more likely if they had drafted a TE. Still, Fant is the logical trade candidate since he has a guaranteed $6.85 million salary. You get slightly less relief trading Dissly but more dead cap hit, and trading Jamal Adams gives you very little cap relief. The only other person who would give you more cap relief is Diggs.

I think they'll have to restructure to get under the cap. More possibilities there.