What I got right/wrong with our draft

James in PA

Reaction score
WHAT I GOT RIGHT:
I knew we were taking a RB probably earlier than most anticipated. Furthermore, I had a very strong feeling about Zach Charbonnet. I certainly wasn't the first to bring him up, but when others brought this cat to my attention, I knew he'd be a PERFECT fit for this team and a likely target.

I knew we weren't taking Tyree Wilson. I have to admit I was getting a bit nervous because I was saying this over and over, yet he was the 2nd most mocked player to us. I was worried I'd be eating crow. He might turn out to he good, but just has too much boom or bust potential to take at 5 overall.

Two other things I got right (just not about our draft): I knew the Eagles would be aggressive, and everybody would be kissing their asses as usual. Also, I called it weeks ago that Joey Porter Jr would be a Stealer. It was so freaking obvious.

WHAT I GOT WRONG ABOUT OUR DRAFT:
Everything else!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I don't think anyone "knew" what they were going to do. Especially these guys drafting. But damn, they nailed it in back to back years.

Last edited:

JerHawk81

Reaction score
What I got right:
  • Stroud would go #2.
  • One of the top two CBs would fall deep into the teens.
  • Levis would be the 4th QB taken.
  • The TE run wouldn't start until late round 1.
  • Kancey would be gone by 20.
  • Texans would trade back up from 12 - though I never thought they would be dumb enough to go all the way to 3.
  • A run on the second tier of edge would start late 1st and end mid-second, with 10+ edges being taken by then.

What I got wrong:
  • I really thought we would trade back at least one of our two first rounders.
  • I didn't see Carter falling to 10. I figured we would take him, and if we didn't (especially with Witherspoon off the board), Detroit would take him. In a lot of ways, this validates our decision to pass on him.
  • Nolan Smith would drop to 30.
  • Will McDonald would be a top 15 pick. A favorite of this board, I'm the one person left here who thought he belonged deep in round 2.
  • We didn't have any huge mistakes. I don't love all of the picks and grade us lower than most, but there aren't any big mistakes here.

Last edited: