What head scratcher at 5th?

OP
OP
Nv_Hawks

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Mine would be like Bryan Breese, who could be a late 1st and JS takes him at 5.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So, we've just decided to make up some scenarios where we're mad at JS & PC for f'ing up the draft?

Sounds about right for this place.

Most Hawk fans are mad no matter how the draft goes, so it doesn't really matter the scenario does it?

As far as weird picks that would surprise us, I could see us drafting one of the stud tackles at 5 and sliding Lucas over to guard. Grab one of the bad ass centers in the 2nd round and you just created the best young line in the entire league to run your smash mouth Pete Ball for the next 7-8 years.

Rat

Reaction score
Unless Richardson or Anderson are there at 5, I have a feeling JS trades down.
That isn't really his MO for higher picks. Might be the smart thing to do if the first four picks are the top 3 QBs and Anderson though. The trading team would need to make it worth it.

Aircrew

Reaction score
That isn't really his MO for higher picks. Might be the smart thing to do if the first four picks are the top 3 QBs and Anderson though. The trading team would need to make it worth it.
Totally. I should have qualified my thought with a trade down only happening if the deal was right, if not, BPA. JS just loves a quantity of picks, and this is a juicy opportunity for that if someone below us is that eager to trade up to get their guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

This is the problem.

If we're out on Carter (assuming of course), then it's safe to say unless another team REALLY wants Levis, then it's going to be hard to find someone willing to trade up and give up draft capital. Because those teams won't be trading up for Carter either.

It's easy to say trade down, but you need a willing trade partner.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm in favor of a trade back,but staying in the top half of the first round. Maybe LV or Tennessee, it opens up the board to whoever they think is the best player on the board. While adding feature selections.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
A lot of players haven’t even tested yet. Wilson, White, Murphy.

Risers and fallers happen every year.

Van Ness tested pretty darn close to last years #1, Walker.

4 QB’s and Anderson. Wilson, White, Murphy, Van Ness. Tons of really good talent at positions of lesser need or positions of, “the seahawks don’t do that”. Every situation is unique.

JS will figure it out.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Anyone that isn't Anderson or one of the top-four QBs.

James in PA

Reaction score
This is the problem.

If we're out on Carter (assuming of course), then it's safe to say unless another team REALLY wants Levis, then it's going to be hard to find someone willing to trade up and give up draft capital. Because those teams won't be trading up for Carter either.

It's easy to say trade down, but you need a willing trade partner.
I'm confident there will be a team who really wants Levis if he's there at 5. His upside is too good. Hell, John might be running to the podium himself to select him. I'm starting to think Levis goes before Richardson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm confident there will be a team who really wants Levis if he's there at 5. His upside is too good. Hell, John might be running to the podium himself to select him. I'm starting to think Levis goes before Richardson.

Both are risky.

Levis is more starter ready, but Richardson has a much higher upside.

But to your point, the signing of Lock with 4M guaranteed pretty much cements that we're not using #5 on a QB.

Other teams know that as well.

James in PA

Reaction score
Both are risky.

Levis is more starter ready, but Richardson has a much higher upside.

But to your point, the signing of Lock with 4M guaranteed pretty much cements that we're not using #5 on a QB.

Other teams know that as well.
Doesn't seem likely, but it would be the ultimate "okey doke" if we do end up taking a QB with that first pick.

James in PA

Reaction score

I just saw a mock that has this as our pick, with both Carter and Wilson still on the board:​

5) Seattle Seahawks (From DEN): BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU​

Yep, exactly the kind of pick that this thread was made for.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Calijah Kancey. That little D Tackle from Pitt.

He's being comped to a smaller Aaron Donald and who knows, he could end up being a really good player. But if Seattle takes him at #5 I feel like that would be a major reach and a wasted opportunity to not trade down and snag him later, with so many QB hungry teams picking after 5
My choice as well. Lil dude weighs 280 ? Haha

Latest posts