What did DK actually say?

DJrmb

Reaction score
He said the one word they won't let you get away with. He said, "you". Once you make it personal they will throw the flag every time.

It's insane how much they allow DK to be mugged out there on his routes though. It reminds me of how hard people were allowed to foul Shaq, getting away with way more than they could on anyone else.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I'm actually more shocked there wasn't 17 threads about how much a diva he is etc. Was actually kind of proud it didn't happen.
i think the thing is you could see a LOT of our players were pissed with the refs letting stuff go. You know its an issue when its not just 1 player either, we had multiple players getting pissed and vocal of the shit officiating of that game.

What made thsi seem worse is the official followed DK and was clearly still yapping and baiting him into an argument for which DK unfortunately took

Last edited:

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I watched this repeatedly on YouTube and noticed that the ref immediately started following DK and was speaking to him. The refs lips were moving, but of course we can't hear what he said. DK turned around to respond and pointed his finger at the ref (normal "body language" since he was not looking back).

This seemed like "entrapment", because the ref continued to escalate the situation and finally got the response that he wanted. The ref's "trigger finger was trembling" above his yellow flag while DK's back was turned to him, like a cowardly gunfighter in a western movie.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
We don't know exactly what Metcalf said, but judging by the size of the fine, nearly $30k and the largest unsportsmanlike conduct fine of the season save for Mike Evans for his role in a brawl, it must have been pretty damn bad.

As it turned out, it didn't hurt us a bit as Meyers nailed the 50+ yard FG, but my worry is that someday this kind of behavior that has occurred all too often with Metcalf is going to hurt us at the worst possible moment.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'm not a lip reader but if I was, he said "fu** you".

W

Welshers

As a guy with connections, I know what he said. But unfortunately snowflakes cried to mods and I've been forbidden from posting any of my inside information.

FPD

Reaction score
What do you expect of the refs :alien:? They're a bunch of lawyers ⚖ (or are they?😂).

✌️:cool:

Spohawks

Reaction score
I was there and he said "I will poop on the field if you don't call a timeout...I have to go man"!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
We don't know exactly what Metcalf said, but judging by the size of the fine, nearly $30k and the largest unsportsmanlike conduct fine of the season save for Mike Evans for his role in a brawl, it must have been pretty damn bad.

As it turned out, it didn't hurt us a bit as Meyers nailed the 50+ yard FG, but my worry is that someday this kind of behavior that has occurred all too often with Metcalf is going to hurt us at the worst possible moment.
I believe I read that’s the standard fine for abusing an official.

RiverDog

Reaction score
As a guy with connections, I know what he said. But unfortunately snowflakes cried to mods and I've been forbidden from posting any of my inside information.
If that's the case, then he's the only player to have been fined for abusing a ref this season. Either way, it had to be pretty damn bad if they considered it abusive.

Point is that Metcalf is going to hurt us with his behavioral issues as he's had this problem since he's been with us, and in spite of his insightful and admirable admission that he "has to grow up", it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Last edited: