What are the data records of the Kingdome attendance?

silverandgold

Reaction score
Is there any website that shows the record data of average number of attendees or number of attendees per game or per season of the good ol' kingdome? I tried googling but I get results of trivial facts of the old stadium or some old archived articles about the decline of the structure quality during the 90s. I know that the stadium trapped the noise made from the fans and created high decibels that can break ear drums, but I want to know the exact raw data of number of visitors for my personal research, and also to figure out how to silence the haters who keep on making photoshopped memes showing a nearly depleted Kingome and keep bringing up the part were kehring nearly brought the team to L.A. yeah like that hasn't happened before to other teams "cough" pats nearly moving to st.louis "cough".

RiverDog

Reaction score
silverandgold":2bcfk0b3 said:
Is there any website that shows the record data of average number of attendees or number of attendees per game or per season of the good ol' kingdome? I tried googling but I get results of trivial facts of the old stadium or some old archived articles about the decline of the structure quality during the 90s. I know that the stadium trapped the noise made from the fans and created high decibels that can break ear drums, but I want to know the exact raw data of number of visitors for my personal research, and also to figure out how to silence the haters who keep on making photoshopped memes showing a nearly depleted Kingome and keep bringing up the part were kehring nearly brought the team to L.A. yeah like that hasn't happened before to other teams "cough" pats nearly moving to st.louis "cough".

The original capacity was just under 64,000 for football, but they added 3500 seats in anticipation of a Super Bowl bid they never got... went to Minnesota instead.... and bumped capacity to 67,000, about the same as the current capacity at Clink. Not sure if that helps.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Right and they also played some games in UW's Husky stadium when the ceiling tiles fell in the k'dome and when the new "Seahawks" stadium was being built.

OP
OP
S

silverandgold

Reaction score
RiverDog":3s75zkgj said:
silverandgold":3s75zkgj said:

The original capacity was just under 64,000 for football, but they added 3500 seats in anticipation of a Super Bowl bid they never got... went to Minnesota instead.... and bumped capacity to 67,000, about the same as the current capacity at Clink. Not sure if that helps.

I actually was looking for sources showing the number of attendees not just capacity from the infancy years to the demolition of the kingdome

OP
OP
S

silverandgold

Reaction score
sc85sis":1c271egg said:
Based on this archived article, I'd say average game attendance dropped about 15-16k during the time Behring owned the team.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 2805&hl=en

That is what I frequently see when I google "kingdome attendance rate archives" and I couldn't find anything about the attendance rates before the dark age 90s.