We could have beat Green Bay at our House next week

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Sealake80":1pvo7ayw said:
We could have. Any time the hawks play... if they play their best game... it is good enough to beat anyone. It is true. So there is that.

I thought they would play their best game against Atlanta. It looked like we were going to until the holding call followed by the safety. As much as I hate to say it... thats on our team.

If you dont play perfect... and penalty free... the refs can always change the game... even then... sometimes.

XL happened.

Questions.

Why do you think the NFL does not improve the quality of refereeing? Because they can't?

Why do you think Lynch didnt talk to the media?

Do you think the game is untainted by outside influences like market shares, vegas, tv ratings, bribes, etc.?

Why did'nt we run it from the 1? Lol.

Why is our team LOB in a state of tension?

Answers.

Home teams get the calls. If you want every play or penalty reviewed, no one will watch. PS Sherm does hold every play.

Lynch has the IQ of a roomba and is an entitled asshole, but a great football player.

Nope. Mainly ratings. It is entertainment, not international espionage.

Bevell sucks.

Getting paid, desire gone. Just a show now

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
10 weeks ago they were talking about firing the GB coach at the end of the season saying he was ruining Rodgers. The whole team was out of sync and not playing together. There were then exactly what Seattle is this week.

THEN

Something clicked. They, like Seattle, had a ton of talent that just wasn't in sync. Then something clicked and GB went on a rampage the rest of the season.

I agree what we saw from Seattle and the run Green Bay is on that no way given those assumptions could we have won. I'm just saying that we are just a "few things coming together" from being able to beat anyone, i.e. the Seahawks team that went out and beat the Patriots in their house.

I think things would have clicked next week and we could have run the table. We have the talent that is just a bunch of head cases at this point.

Could have, Would have, Should have. It's over and now to a gosh awful 7 months of off season and waiting until August to see the new team in a preseason game. I hate the off season.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Making it to the NFCCG would imply our team being consistent. Didn't happen this season. The argument of this thread is paradoxical.

All we had to do is beat Arizona at home to get the #2 seed, didn't happen.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Lynch has the IQ of a roomba and is an entitled [/quote]

Wow!

OR

Lynch was the smart one .

Marshawn Lynch was the big stick that allowed Russell Wilson to get away with walking softly.

What we are seeing is an offense without an asskicker.

Russ could win this team back over if he would tell somebody, anybody to sit down, shut up, and hang on, I got this, and audible out of those plays that are sucking the soul out of this team.

If that happens, we are just a tweek or two from catching lightning in a bottle again and it doesn't matter who or how "bad" our coordinators are.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":vlkb2i91 said:
Lynch has the IQ of a roomba and is an entitled asshole, but a great football player.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about, and you're a troll. There have been plenty of media people that have espoused surprise at Marshawn's intelligence in private discussions.

Mods, you should really step in, here.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17k4wwqx said:
Hawk Strap":17k4wwqx said:
You don't know what the hell you're talking about, and you're a troll. There have been plenty of media people that have espoused surprise at Marshawn's intelligence in private discussions.

Mods, you should really step in, here.

Umm no, disagree but anyone can form an opinion, it's what you all give as weighted responses or respond at all that makes it worth anything, never called out or attacked a poster.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Two years ago the Seahawks clean house with these teams but this year's squad? No way.

The Falcons and Packers are better teams than us right now. (For some strange reason I think we beat the Cowboys though).

Like all of you, I fantasize about Russell Wilson having the luxury of a decent OL like the Packers/Falcons/Cowboys have. I mean it would almost be unfair.

Imagine Russ with Dallas' OL. It's almost comical the damage he would do. MVP much?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":py2emsje said:
Umm no, disagree but anyone can form an opinion, it's what you all give as weighted responses or respond at all that makes it worth anything, never called out or attacked a poster.

Out of respect for you, I won't publicly point out the double standard here that I've personally experienced; but fine.

In any case, back on topic for me; I am on record here as having wanted a revenge opportunity to host Green Bay here, and I still would have loved that, but we'd probably have lost.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Aros":dtiowgwq said:
Imagine Russ with Dallas' OL. It's almost comical the damage he would do. MVP much?

I said to someone earlier in the year that if we had Dallas'es O-Line they might as well just hand us the trophy now.

I really believe that.

As good as PC/JS had been, I'm afraid the O-Line fiasco is going to ruin their legacy.

Josea16

Reaction score
Aros":1ug1cea2 said:
Two years ago the Seahawks clean house with these teams but this year's squad? No way.

The Falcons and Packers are better teams than us right now. (For some strange reason I think we beat the Cowboys though).

Like all of you, I fantasize about Russell Wilson having the luxury of a decent OL like the Packers/Falcons/Cowboys have. I mean it would almost be unfair.

Not even a question so 1 of 3 better go or it's back to jail.

1. Pete
2. Cable
3. Bevell

I pick Cable.

NINEster

Reaction score
Aros":rdgspkj5 said:

You can't have a $20+ million QB plus the millions tied up on the LOB, Wagner, Bennett, Avril, Graham and expect to have a great OL.

Lynch came off the books, and apparently that salary was/is still worth paying.

Don't forget that dominant 2013 Seahawks had Wilson playing for peanuts, and I think 2014 as well.

Can't have it all.

Seahawks and Harbaugh Niners were outliers in how to build a dominant team. Hiding mediocre QBs behind a dominant 52 is a great formula until the QB contract comes calling.

Rebuild is gonna be tough......where do you cut from......Baldwin/Graham or that defense?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If we play our best game? Sure, we're more familiar with Green Bay than Falcons.

That Falcons game could have been won, we just screwed up as we always do on the road with pivotal mistakes. We had the game in control until that punt return and safety

I trust this team to win at home in Century Link. But now we'll never truly know

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Belichick is probably the only guy with an answer for Rogers this season.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Rodgers tore us up 2 years ago. We still won in overtime. I'm betting he Packers wanted no part of going back to Seattle for the NFC Championship. Too many bizarre things happen to them in the clink.

That being said, I don't disagree with the reasons stated above on why we wouldn't have won. Too much wrong with this team right now on so many levels. I was just hoping we would get our act together in the playoffs, we didn't though. Now for the long off season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MO Hawk":19i9gebr said:
Rodgers tore us up 2 years ago. We still won in overtime. I'm betting he Packers wanted no part of going back to Seattle for the NFC Championship. Too many bizarre things happen to them in the clink.

That being said, I don't disagree with the reasons stated above on why we wouldn't have won. Too much wrong with this team right now on so many levels. I was just hoping we would get our act together in the playoffs, we didn't though. Now for the long off season.

Even with a one legged Rodgers and a much better team, we needed basically the equivalent of a miracle to pull out that win.

So couple Rodgers hot streak with his clean bill of health AND factor in revenge for 2014..

Yeah - sorry. Don't see us winning that game. *shrug*

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
It's funny how quickly people forget. LOL, at thinking we would have beat GB, we lost at home to Arizona, then almost lost to the 4.99ers! We stunk most of the season, Detroit was ailing and made everybody believe but truth be told we just weren't good enough this year!

classicaaron

Reaction score
watching yesterdays games just made the Saturday loss that much more bearable. because I realized we are not even in the same league as either the cowboys or packers. either one of them would have crushed us. both teams know how to utilize their strengths and both had some great play calling. its amazing how they scheme to get their best players the ball, maybe we should try it sometime :roll: seahawks I feel are just too stubborn to adapt. what worked for the superbowl run will not work this year or next year or the year after. every team is different and until the coaches realize that we are doomed. and if somehow the hawks would have won next week you really think they could beat either the pats or steelers. we couldn't even beat the falcons. sad to say but we were in the playoffs because we played in a terrible division not because we were that good of a team. hate admitting it but its the truth.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3c0woeu5 said:
Lol ... no way.

GB would have scored 30 plus, and the Packers defense is in Wilson's head.

This. How many games of multiple thrown INT's is it going to take before people start to realize that Wilson just doesn't play very well against GB ?

And our offense isn't playing well enough to call a 29 point turn around. Sorry. And it's not just the OL.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Moot Point but I dont see that.
Not with the way Rodgers has been playing and given Wilson's last two performances against them with the exception of one quarter

Latest posts