We can do it

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Don't wanna get my hopes up, but I can't help thinking...

Cowboys are taking care of the redskins
Jets are hanging with the saints
Bengals can beat the niners
Cards and rams...someone has to lose. Hopefully the Rams.
Bears will lose today
Giants will also lose.
Falcons beating up on Panthers, but aren't good either.

Vikings and eagles could stand in the way. Also redskins if they play better in following weeks. Those three teams are choke artists. Rams and cards obviously, but those wins can be had by the hawks. If they want em. Take em.

They can do it.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Man that’s if Seattle can even win against the Texans. So far it looks 50/50 which is sad against a 2-10 team

OP
OP
J

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
It really isn't as close as the scores suggests. Texans are playing a good game with what they have. We will win this game though.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
First of all we'd have to win out & I've seen nothing so far that gives me confidence that they can or will. The only thing we have going for us is RW is finally healthy & maybe he has some magic left.

Secondly, we need a lot of help & for things to fall almost perfectly to leapfrog all those teams because we are not sitting very good in any tiebreaker scenarios.

That being said, I'll be watching & cheering them on until the end.

LTH

Reaction score
Next up LA Rams... lets hope the Rams beat the Cards don't want to play a pissed off Rams team.

This next game is the season. if they can find a way to beat the Rams we got a shot...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
The WFT loss helped but the Saints win today and the Vikings win Thursday hurt. Niners need to lose to the Bengals but they're up 20-6 midway through the 3rd. Rams win tomorrow and they should lock up one of the two WC seeds.

Our disadvantage is in the tiebreakers. WFT, Saints, and Vikings all own head-to-head tiebreakers on us and our conference record remains at 2-6, 1/2 game worse than the Panthers and Falcons and a full 2 games worse than the Eagles, all teams with better overall records.

Depending on the outcome of this week's remaining games, I'd guess our chances increased from 3% to 10-15%. A lot of things still have to fall in place in order for us to qualify.

The death watch is still on. One more week on life support.

xray

Reaction score
With AZ & the Rams left on the Hawks dance card and playing the Bears and the Lions...Remember what Goff has done to the Hawks in the past. The Bears won't be a gimme either. An 8-9 season looks like reality at best . IMO

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":19qu43jh said:
First of all we'd have to win out & I've seen nothing so far that gives me confidence that they can or will. The only thing we have going for us is RW is finally healthy & maybe he has some magic left.

Secondly, we need a lot of help & for things to fall almost perfectly to leapfrog all those teams because we are not sitting very good in any tiebreaker scenarios.

I've just re-looked at the standings & if we win out(still not that likely IMO) we really don't need a lot of help & would probably make the playoffs.

I thought we were 2 games behind multiple teams for the final playoff spot but we're now only 1 game behind multiple teams so it's doable.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If we lose one more game we are out, period. That's my belief at least.

We are already in the playoffs. Every game from here on out is one or done IMO.

The only good that comes from another loss is we don't have to worry about trying to make the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":3070iy7n said:
If we lose one more game we are out, period. That's my belief at least.

We are already in the playoffs. Every game from here on out is one or done IMO.

The only good that comes from another loss is we don't have to worry about trying to make the playoffs.

This is all true, what this does do is test the heart and determination of these current players, those that buckle under pressure and those that find a new level to their game.

Just remember what 7 - 9 did to vault that team's core into what would become elite status.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1ecxmq0m said:
Hockey Guy":1ecxmq0m said:

I've just re-looked at the standings & if we win out(still not that likely IMO) we really don't need a lot of help & would probably make the playoffs.

I thought we were 2 games behind multiple teams for the final playoff spot but we're now only 1 game behind multiple teams so it's doable.

Not true. You can't just look at the loss column, you have to take into consideration the tiebreakers. WFT, the Saints, and Vikings all own head-to-head tiebreakers over us and the Eagles have 4 conference losses to our 6. Even if we win out, ALL of the following would have to happen:

The Vikings would have to lose 2 of their last 4 games (Bears x2, Rams, Packers)

WFT needs to lose 2 of their last 4 (Eagles x2, Giants, Cowboys)

Saints lose 2 of their last 4 (Bucs, Dolphins, Panthers, Falcons)

Eagles lose 2 of their last 4 (WFT x2, Giants, Cowboys)

That's 4 teams that would all have to go .500 or worse. One of them is bound to do better than that.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":o1ui6evm said:
Hockey Guy":o1ui6evm said:
Hockey Guy":o1ui6evm said:

Not true. You can't just look at the loss column, you have to take into consideration the tiebreakers. WFT, the Saints, and Vikings all own head-to-head tiebreakers over us and the Eagles have 4 conference losses to our 6. Of the teams ahead of us, the only tiebreaker we own is with the Niners, and they have 6 losses to our 8.

Even if we win out, ALL of the following would have to happen:

The Vikings would have to lose 2 of their last 4 games (Bears x2, Rams, Packers)

WFT needs to lose 2 of their last 4 (Eagles x2, Giants, Cowboys)

Saints lose 2 of their last 4 (Bucs, Dolphins, Panthers, Falcons)

Eagles lose 2 of their last 4 (WFT x2, Giants, Cowboys)

The Niners would have to lose 2 of their last 4 (Falcons, Texans, Titans, Rams)

That's 5 teams that would all have to go .500 or worse. One of them is bound to do better than that.

Note: I went into ESPN's website to try to see our playoff chances, but we're not even on their radar yet:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/328 ... postseason

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
LTH":3hln4kk7 said:
Next up LA Rams... lets hope the Rams beat the Cards don't want to play a pissed off Rams team.

This next game is the season. if they can find a way to beat the Rams we got a shot...

LTH

Agreed. Bears and Lions are winnable. Cards probably sit starters for the game. We own the cards at home anyhow.

Here's hoping for a win in the rams game! We get that and we could run the table.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They're not making the playoffs. Gave away too many close games they had NO business losing. Complete opposite of last yeah, when they consistently would win the close games.
But, let's go out swinging. Clearly after 2 months, Russ is back healthy. Or damn close to it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2josfw1b said:
They're not making the playoffs. Gave away too many close games they had business losing. Complete opposite of last yeah, when they consistently would win the close games.
But, let's go out swinging. Clearly after 2 months, Russ is back healthy. Or damn close to it.

Agreed. Our record last season was inflated, this season it's the opposite, losing three games in OT. On balance, we're a .500ish team, have been for some time now.

Let's see how the Rams and Cards shake out tonight. If we can beat the Rams this weekend, then it might be worth keeping an eye on the scoreboard. But as of now, thinking about the playoffs is like waiting up on Christmas eve for Santa to come down the chimney (cue Jim Mora Sr.)

Latest posts