Walter Jones as OL Coach?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That'd be awesome to hire him on in some sort of capacity.

Tatupu is helping with the linebacker group, and they're having great seasons (Wagner and Wright). How about Edgar with the Mariners? Zorn coaching Hasselbeck. Make it so!

RussB

Reaction score
Coach? He might as well come out of retirement and will already be better than Goerge Cant.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
stizz19":3pjx9wxg said:
Hawk-Lock":3pjx9wxg said:
Just because you are great at something doesn't make you a great coach.

Do you think Michael Jordan would be a great NBA coach just because he was one of the best to ever play?
Like Wayne Gretzky, arguably the best athlete in history at his sport and he was a terrible coach.
MJ never got a chance to prove this wrong..He was like a coach when he played,I'd like to think if he gave you one of those glares you would perfom.Big Walt as an OL coach couldn't hurt one bit but I think the first thing he would do is change the blocking scheme

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RussB":dy7ccfun said:
Coach? He might as well come out of retirement and will already be better than Goerge Cant.
:lol: :lol: There's Probably a lot of truth somewhere in there.
I think that with the RIGHT Coaching, George Fant could be an ass kicker, and I think WJ could possibly wake up the nasty that's been sleeping in this kid.
He has the tools, just needs to be enlightened ;) :rumble: :stirthepot:

lukerguy

Reaction score
Walter Jones may have been the most physically gifted Olineman of all time. I doubt he would be able to teach people to do what he did because God made him different than the rest...with that being said, I love Walter and think he should have a spot in the locker room if he wants to be there.