Updated prediction now that Harvin won't play

Hawksfan76

Reaction score
Seahawks - 24
49ers - 10
my score does not change with or without harvin.

Largent80

Reaction score
Crizilla":3irdsq78 said:
they wont score more than 20 points guaranteed.

They have scored 16 their last 2 games combined. Suddenly they will score 17? Not the way this defense is playing.

I will be so bold as to say our defense may outscore their offense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1g842qg3 said:
30-17

(33-17 before)
One less DiStRaCtIoN :stirthepot:
Love the guy, but #11 will have to join the 12's if he wants to play a part in this one, and hope for a chance to be in the SB game next Month.
Here's to havin' Harvin for the Super Bowl XLVIII game though :thirishdrinkers:

31 - 13 Seahawks

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Largent80":1o47winb said:
Crizilla":1o47winb said:
they wont score more than 20 points guaranteed.

They have scored 16 their last 2 games combined. Suddenly they will score 17? Not the way this defense is playing.

I will be so bold as to say our defense may outscore their offense.

haha

chawx

Reaction score
Fact: Harvin has accounted for 0% of Seattle's scoring and has contributed to 0% of Seattle's #1 ranked Defense.

Nothing changes. 1 billion to negative 500 is still my score prediction.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
24-7

Wilson will throw one.
Lynch will run one.
The defense will get a TO-6.

I feel the defense has a better chance at a shutout than the Niners have at scoring over 14.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm seeing a sack, strip, fumble, and rumble by McDonald in this one...early. Thinking 30-10, Seahawks.

Brett

Reaction score
Percy not playing is not good news, but its not the end of the world either . I have full faith this team is ALL IN and are going to be ready to play this game. Percy I'm sure is not happy what so ever with the fact he can not join the team in this hell of a game. When next week rolls around and we are talking about Percy again we will most likely hear all this same stuff all over again. I believe Percy's time will come, he will get healthy and contribute to this team at some point. As for right now and this week the rest of our Seattle Seahawks will hold this one down and kick some ass for the NW!

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
chawx":2ybezzof said:
Fact: Harvin has accounted for 0% of Seattle's scoring and has contributed to 0% of Seattle's #1 ranked Defense.

Nothing changes. 1 billion to negative 500 is still my score prediction.

That's funny because sports pundits are calling the absence of Harvin a "devastating blow" that Seattle "may not recover from." Have they been watching any games?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2t31tm4o said:
Harvin is the major blow. That puts it over the edge for me.

They just don't look good on offense, and I don't believe you can win like that in today's NFL. The 2000 Ravens analogy doesn't work for two reasons, it was back "then" and because THAT team never faced a "complete" team in the playoffs.

On Sunday the Seahawks are playing the best, most complete team in the NFL. Their one single weakness is QB, and it's not much of a weakness because he is at least an average starting NFL QB.

I was pretty solid on this, if Harvin played, we win, if he doesn't, we lose. It's the playoffs... you need your top weapons.

Problems just don't magically go away during the playoffs, if anything they crop up stronger than ever. It's all about timing.

Wilson picked the worst stretch of the season to go into his sophomore slump, the offensive line is full of holes.

There is no possible way to shut down Crabtree/Davis/and Boldin AND deal with the 49ers run game - one or the other is going to have success. That game in San Francisco was not as close at it looked, the 49ers had that game from almost the beginning. I did not believe that the Seahawks were going to win it without being better on offense. If you can't move the ball and score points, you are NOT going to come out ahead on the scoreboard.

49ers can and have, sustained drives and moved the ball on everyone. Seahawks have not.

The 49ers are battle tested, they are a veteran team. They have won consecutive road games, they have all the momentum and they have the psychological confidence.

Seahawks may be talking the talk, but they are not walking the walk. They have not played a complete game, and they have only played solid offensive football in just a few games this year.

All this 12th man thing is now "officially" overblown -- there is a point where it can get in an oppenents head, and then there is a point where it just pisses the opponent off. See: Cardinals. They came in here pissed off from hearing too much about the 12th man and how they got blown out. Good teams win football games, not fans. The fans will have NO effect on a great football team. Especially a very motivated and pissed off football team, which is what the the 49ers are now that the media has been shoving the 12th man issue down their throats all season.

There is a point where it works against you and FUELS your opponent. We have hit this point. In future seasons, I hope we downplay the whole 'crowd noise' bullshit and stop hyping it. Let it be something that other teams underestimate.

The better team usually prevails, and right now, the cold hard truth is that the 49ers are top to bottom, the better football team. Seahawks did not shore up their offensive line this offseason... and then they gambled on Harvin and lost. Right now, their top two receivers are out of the game. Every time the 49ers and Seahawks have played, the team missing it's top receivers is the team that loses.

49ers 27 Seahawks 13

It is going to be a long, bitter, off-season for all of us. But don't take it too hard. I suspect we get to find out who the true fans are... I just don't believe the Seahawks are ready. They have the talent, but our QB has yet to put it all together. I think next year he will -- and that this loss will fuel him, humble him, and ground him. It will drive him to greatness just as that early division championship loss that Jordan endured at the hands of the hated Detroit Pistons, fueled him. Meanwhile, the 49ers will be overpaying a QB who is not nearly as good as his team makes him look, who has had the benefit of having both the best offensive line and best receiving corps in football.

By "true fans" do you mean the ones that aren't jumping ship now that a player that has played all of a few quarters on the field this season isn't going to play and yet that somehow means we have no chance?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":qxa46o7p said:
Harvin is the major blow. That puts it over the edge for me.

They just don't look good on offense, and I don't believe you can win like that in today's NFL. The 2000 Ravens analogy doesn't work for two reasons, it was back "then" and because THAT team never faced a "complete" team in the playoffs.

On Sunday the Seahawks are playing the best, most complete team in the NFL. Their one single weakness is QB, and it's not much of a weakness because he is at least an average starting NFL QB.

I was pretty solid on this, if Harvin played, we win, if he doesn't, we lose. It's the playoffs... you need your top weapons.

Problems just don't magically go away during the playoffs, if anything they crop up stronger than ever. It's all about timing.

Wilson picked the worst stretch of the season to go into his sophomore slump, the offensive line is full of holes.

There is no possible way to shut down Crabtree/Davis/and Boldin AND deal with the 49ers run game - one or the other is going to have success. That game in San Francisco was not as close at it looked, the 49ers had that game from almost the beginning. I did not believe that the Seahawks were going to win it without being better on offense. If you can't move the ball and score points, you are NOT going to come out ahead on the scoreboard.

49ers can and have, sustained drives and moved the ball on everyone. Seahawks have not.

The 49ers are battle tested, they are a veteran team. They have won consecutive road games, they have all the momentum and they have the psychological confidence.

Seahawks may be talking the talk, but they are not walking the walk. They have not played a complete game, and they have only played solid offensive football in just a few games this year.

All this 12th man thing is now "officially" overblown -- there is a point where it can get in an oppenents head, and then there is a point where it just pisses the opponent off. See: Cardinals. They came in here pissed off from hearing too much about the 12th man and how they got blown out. Good teams win football games, not fans. The fans will have NO effect on a great football team. Especially a very motivated and pissed off football team, which is what the the 49ers are now that the media has been shoving the 12th man issue down their throats all season.

There is a point where it works against you and FUELS your opponent. We have hit this point. In future seasons, I hope we downplay the whole 'crowd noise' bullshit and stop hyping it. Let it be something that other teams underestimate.

The better team usually prevails, and right now, the cold hard truth is that the 49ers are top to bottom, the better football team. Seahawks did not shore up their offensive line this offseason... and then they gambled on Harvin and lost. Right now, their top two receivers are out of the game. Every time the 49ers and Seahawks have played, the team missing it's top receivers is the team that loses.

49ers 27 Seahawks 13

It is going to be a long, bitter, off-season for all of us. But don't take it too hard. I suspect we get to find out who the true fans are... I just don't believe the Seahawks are ready. They have the talent, but our QB has yet to put it all together. I think next year he will -- and that this loss will fuel him, humble him, and ground him. It will drive him to greatness just as that early division championship loss that Jordan endured at the hands of the hated Detroit Pistons, fueled him. Meanwhile, the 49ers will be overpaying a QB who is not nearly as good as his team makes him look, who has had the benefit of having both the best offensive line and best receiving corps in football.
Wow, this was the worst post I have ever seen. Everyone forgets when Niners struggled this year. The Hawks are not out of this one and should have won the game in San Francisco and was close most of the way. We beat San Francisco without Percy. And we didn't have him and lost KJ in the last game and also didn't have Walter in Frisco. This game goes our way, period.

kf3339

Reaction score
Seahawks 33-9. I didn't count on Harvin before he was ruled out so nothing has changed for me.

kf3339

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1kbkwa2m said:
FlyingGreg":1kbkwa2m said:
By "true fans" do you mean the ones that aren't jumping ship now that a player that has played all of a few quarters on the field this season isn't going to play and yet that somehow means we have no chance?

I mean, fans that will be be fans and won't be bailing on the team, and finger pointing and blaming this or that "Wilson too short, Bevel is an idiot" after a tough loss.

Sometimes the other team is just better.

The Seahawks and 49ers are dead even when both teams have their top receivers. The two BEST receivers on Seattle ... Rice, and Harvin, are both out.

The 49ers are the better team when they have all their weapons, and we don't. It's pretty basic stuff.

I'm glad they will have "All of their weapons" so when we beat the crap out of them again it will hurt even more.