Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Washington)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is one of those "You Can't Win Even If You Win" games. If we win, the narrative will be "Well it was the Commanders." But a dub is a dub folks. You don't apologize for winning in this league regardless of perceived strength of the opponent.

You never apologize for being 6-3. Ever.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Seattle. 20
DC. 24

This isn't an easy game . Geno continues to have issues .

Record 3-5
If anyone cares...

I employ a reverse psychology method of predicting the outcome. Notice my YTD?
I'm hoping to go 3-14 the rest of the way.

Now back to the DC Redskins game.

I do think this will be closer than what others might. Having said that, Seattle probably wins because they're at home and their future depends on it. Pete Carroll will have the boys ready to go.

bileever

Reaction score
The Commanders are 4-5, and lost to the Eagles twice in close games. It's not a sure win by any stretch. The Commanders have a decent offense, even with Sam Howell, who looks thoroughly mediocre. Their defense, not so good.

xray

Reaction score
Washington ain't slouches . I see a good tight game.... the Hawks should squeak out a win by 3 or less .

Wheetie

Reaction score
If anyone cares...

I employ a reverse psychology method of predicting the outcome. Notice my YTD?
I'm hoping to go 3-14 the rest of the way.

Now back to the DC Redskins game.

I do think this will be closer than what others might. Having said that, Seattle probably wins because they're at home and their future depends on it. Pete Carroll will have the boys ready to go.
I just responded to your earlier post, now I have to take it back!

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
View attachment 61721

Has anyone seen the Washington State Commanders mug? Hilarious.

What's not as funny is that the Commanders have a 7-1 road record against the Seahawks in Seattle. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/11/08/washington-commanders-road-wins-seattle-seahawks/
Wow. I knew it was bad, but didn’t know it was THAT bad. Included in that mark is a 29-0 embarrassment to spoil Steve Largent’s final game.

While in reality I think it’ll be much closer than this, I’ll say the Hawks get a win and Pete gets another Scorigami.
36-23 Seahawks

bileever

Reaction score
And if you're watching from home on Sunday, the announcers will be Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez.

nwHawk

Reaction score
This team is tired, beat up, and has more questions than answers.

Washington is coming in with a confident pass attack. I’m not falling for the 7-1 Wa vs Hawks bit, but I do think Hawks struggle again this week. One more week of I hate my TV, and then I think things turn around.

If Brooks’ hammy is an issue this defense will get beat up. If Hawks passing attack was clean I would think they put up 32 points, but it’s not. There are issues, and that starts in the offensive line. With that said, come on Hawks go win it.

Hawks: 17
Cammando’s: 27

Season: 6-2

nwHawk

Reaction score
Pete’s presser today was a hype machine. Just boils down to health this week.

djb28

Reaction score
You can only play who they throw in front of you Pitt. A win is a win, regardless who they are playing. No need to tell everyone how they should feel and/or will feel after a win. Downplay it all you want. Or........enjoy a win for once? Never mind, do you.
This team will be pi**ed off and focused.

Hawks win 30-16
140 plus rushing yards combined for K9 and Charbs.
Didn't you just do that by telling us the Team is going to be Pi$$ed off and focused ? How do you know how they feel? Maybe they will just be mildly angry and blurry-eyed.

knownone

Reaction score
This is a who-are-you game for the Seahawks. Was their hot start a product of an easy schedule, or was the recent skid a product of two elite defenses? Before the Browns game, the Hawks were in the top ten in every significant efficiency category besides pass defense. Now, they are 17th in pass defense, 22nd in run defense, 20th in passing, and 6th in rushing.

So, who are the Seattle Seahawks?

My money's on them being the team we saw for the first six games. On paper, that team beats the Commanders handily. Howell will take risks down the field, and our secondary will make plays. And the Commanders have the 30th-ranked pass defense with a recently neutered pass rush; Geno should feast.

Prediction: 42-31 Seahawks

Bold Prediction: Woolen gets 2 Ints. Howell throws 4 Ints. Geno has a 4 TD game—DK punches Geno in the face during a TD celebration.