Unless someone trades up, Levis will be a 2nd rounder.

u0087966

Reaction score
All the remaining selections in the 1st have solid QBs....I can't see them picking a backup in the 1st round.

Mick063

Reaction score
None of Bo Callahan's teammates went to his birthday party.

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
Not the first time a QB fell in the draft and ended up being pretty damn good.

Levis has a lot of physical tools. He can be the best player in this draft if paired with the right coach.

Scout

Reaction score
So

Some wanted Hooker in the 1st round....not sure how many but that would have been scary.

Hooker is a very good QB but he has a lot of questions. If a team picks him up in the 2nd or 3rd it would be very good value.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Kind of what I expected.

Young and Stroud were the obvious top QBs, deserving of the first two picks, and Richardson had some really good tape (to go with the bad) with elite potential, so its easy to see why he went #4.

Levis never seemed like a top qb.

There's still a chance he develops into a good starting qb, but it i can't imagine Seattle drafts him even if he's there at #37. He's doesn't offer anything Smith or Lock doesn't have.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I think the NFL is finally starting to get more refined in it's evaluation of the QB position. Moving towards intuitive playmakers at the position instead of scheme robots.

With the proliferation of the Shanny/McVay offenses, teams know they can create easy schemes to maximize sub par QB talent--of which there are many cheap options out there.

Make no mistake, Levis is subpar at the parts of the game that separate the top QBs from the rest. He has zero pocket feel. He's a slow processor. And his mechanics need work. Unless his pocket feel/recognition speed changes, Flacco is his ultimate ceiling.

Today, the NFL saw the same thing. In the same way they saw that Malik Willis and Desmond Ridder weren't top talents at the position last year.

I think this is the best thing that could have possibly happened for Levis. He's not a day 1 starter. And if he did start day 1, he'd struggle mightily. Getting picked outside the first round at least gives him the Drew Lock career path: rotational starter without the burden of criticism that comes with being the first round "Future Face of the Franchise."

There are still Broncos fans that like Lock. And in the same vein, they almost universally despise Paxton Lynch. There draft slot is separated by 16 spots.