Universal starters

LargentFan

Reaction score
I have been talking with some friends about certain players who have a rare distinction. Taking money out of the equation, a few players in this league would start on any team, over any of their current counterparts.

For example, Calvin Johnson would start in place of any team's #1 receiver, in my opinion. I also think JJ Watt would start in place of any DE.

I also think Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman fit this bill.

It's not completely Seahawks related, but are we the only team with two of those guys? Which other players across the NFL would this describe?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
LargentFan":xgusgxhk said:
I have been talking with some friends about certain players who have a rare distinction. Taking money out of the equation, a few players in this league would start on any team, over any of their current counterparts.

For example, Calvin Johnson would start in place of any team's #1 receiver, in my opinion. I also think JJ Watt would start in place of any DE.

I also think Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman fit this bill.

It's not completely Seahawks related, but are we the only team with two of those guys? Which other players across the NFL would this describe?

What do you do at RB in this scenario? Is there a guy who's clearly better than all other RBs? I'd say that position is a wash for now.

OP
OP
LargentFan

LargentFan

Reaction score
This is a tough one for me. I think Adrian Peterson is undeniably the best, but I am not sure he takes the spot of Desean Jackson in Philly or Lynch here. I think a select few teams would keep the guy they have over Peterson, but it's damn close.

OP
OP
LargentFan

LargentFan

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3k1qnm78 said:
That's what the All-Pro team is.

It's close to what the all-pro team is, but not quite. Example...Peyton Manning was the unanimous pick for QB. If he somehow found himself on the Pats roster, would they bench Brady? No. Packers, do they bench Rodgers? No.

I'm talking about players that would start right now over their counterpart on any team in the league.

jkitsune

Reaction score
If you're taking into account emotional attachment/familiarity with the system/historical performance with their team (such as in the case of Brady and Rodgers), it's definitely harder to find these type of guys. I think AP would start over Lynch here if you're going on raw ability, but not if you're taking into account all of the other factors that go into it.

themunn

Reaction score
In reality, we probably have 3 of those guys, as Percy Harvin would start every game for every team in the league.
He might not be the number 1 guy over say Megatron, Julio Jones, AJ Green etc, but he'd certainly be on the field for that first offensive snap

chrispy

Reaction score
I think you could make a case for both of our kicker and punter, maybe I'm biased after last week's game. Any team would trade for our punt stats although, obviously, a lot of that is coverage.

Every owner would trade their fanbase for the 12th man, does that count?

Latest posts