Twitter reacts to Tariq Woolen and the D

Rainger

Reaction score
As I said a bit ago "Relax Padawans, the D will come around and be fine". Each game PC will get this D better. Will there be bumps? Sure but there is talent there, they will meld!

toffee

Reaction score
As I said a bit ago "Relax Padawans, the D will come around and be fine". Each game PC will get this D better. Will there be bumps? Sure but there is talent there, they will meld!
Pete? that ole Pete that lost his fast ball years and years ago? lol

BASF

Reaction score
The team can only play the team in front of them and when they get them, but the fact is that we got the Cardinals at the right time. Missing their starting RB, their best receiver and losing one of their best linemen helped our defense quite a bit.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
The team can only play the team in front of them and when they get them, but the fact is that we got the Cardinals at the right time. Missing their starting RB, their best receiver and losing one of their best linemen helped our defense quite a bit.
Debbie Downer! The Hawks are shit according to you. All us real Hawk fans might as well slit our wrists

toffee

Reaction score
We didn't play down to opponents' level, bad teams do that, we didn't. IF we won because football God's smiling at us, heck, I will take that anytime. Really, every darn time, even sacrifice sixteen vestal virgins to the all mighty football God, if thy bless us with zebra calls, opponent mishaps, etc., etc., Amen. 1665983727504

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'll take it!! That's what a GOOD defense is supposed to do, put the clamps on a mediocre offense.
Not ready to call them actually GOOD just yet, but I like the one-game trend!

sutz

Reaction score
I'll take it!! That's what a GOOD defense is supposed to do, put the clamps on a mediocre offense.
Not ready to call them actually GOOD just yet, but I like the one-game trend!
Some of us noticed some good things last week. It may have not showed up in the score because shootouts happen, but there were more stops and the start of better discipline last week. This week built on that and I suspect they will continue to improve.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
BASF

Undoubtedly the Cards were down a few players which helped, but as you know the Cards O scored just 3 points only against our weak D that looked far from weak weak today. Our D was down a few players as well, so there is that to add to the calculus.

Frankly the D looked good today, there was a pass rush, they were strong against the run with the one exception where Murray made a huge play. Best of all they were strong on 3rd down against a good QB.

You are free to qualify the good result that came from the D today with negativity but nevertheless it was a solid defensive show from the D against a former playoff level team. Murray was mostly well shadowed and kept in the pocket and forced by the D to make mistakes. Those mistakes cost AZ chances to get back in the game.

Simply said, qualified or not, the D played well today. Go figure.

Perhaps lame old Pete has finally got the boys playing together. Perhaps in due course if they can play together going forward many ageist and preconceived notions of how well this team could be will eventually be forced to change.

Perhaps more simply said: many here aren’t buying the negativity tonight.