Trey Lance demoted to 3rd string after draft

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He isn’t traded And qb3 isn’t final. He has to compete with Darnold.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Trey is not definitively traded but that’s not off the table, that or being qb3.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
In December, I made fun of Trey trying to stay relevant as Brock was ascending. Pictures of him in nfc west shirt and hat greeting players going to the shower. The cringe photo of Trey depositing sound bars to everyone as Secret Santa.

OL Daniel Brunskill was asked what Purdy got him. The answer: “wins.”

The 49ers quit stanNing Trey after that. And in the same recent week you had Purdy taking in a Giants game with three teammates. Sam Darnold and Christian McCaffrey sitting Court side for the Warriors.

Meanwhile Lance is in Fargo taking in spring practice for his small college team, and the small town paper asks him about trade rumors. He just said, “I have no information on that.”

Marvin49

Reaction score
In December, I made fun of Trey trying to stay relevant as Brock was ascending. Pictures of him in nfc west shirt and hat greeting players going to the shower. The cringe photo of Trey depositing sound bars to everyone as Secret Santa.

OL Daniel Brunskill was asked what Purdy got him. The answer: “wins.”

The 49ers quit stanNing Trey after that. And in the same recent week you had Purdy taking in a Giants game with three teammates. Sam Darnold and Christian McCaffrey sitting Court side for the Warriors.

Meanwhile Lance is in Fargo taking in spring practice for his small college team, and the small town paper asks him about trade rumors. He just said, “I have no information on that.”

Out to lunch with this one.

BTW....the entire concept you have about Trey is laughable.

To explain his presence BTW...a few week after his injury, Trey went to Kyle and asked what he could do for the team. He didn't want to just sit and watched. Kyle asked him to start breaking down tape to assist the QB coaches. He did so.

Last week, Purdy was asked about the people who helped him get ready last year and the FIRST person he mentioned was Trey Lance.

You're hypothesis is pathetic and wrong. I dunno if Trey ever becomes anything, but your CONSTANT beating of this drum is just odd.

"What can I do?"

"I mean Trey...Trey for sure. Trey Lance."

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Out to lunch with this one.

BTW....the entire concept you have about Trey is laughable.

To explain his presence BTW...a few week after his injury, Trey went to Kyle and asked what he could do for the team. He didn't want to just sit and watched. Kyle asked him to start breaking down tape to assist the QB coaches. He did so.

Last week, Purdy was asked about the people who helped him get ready last year and the FIRST person he mentioned was Trey Lance.

You're hypothesis is pathetic and wrong. I dunno if Trey ever becomes anything, but your CONSTANT beating of this drum is just odd.

"What can I do?"

The Niners have Moved on from depicting Trey as the heroic qbotf, thats all. There really wasn’t anything he did there than merited a special mention. As we saw on Hard Knocks, all qbs are expected to contribute insight to team meetings as Colt McCoy certainly did. It’s nothing to write home about, really.

On a totally different topic, is this you?

Because that was a pretty good comp video.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Niners have Moved on from depicting Trey as the heroic qbotf, thats all. There really wasn’t anything he did there than merited a special mention. As we saw on Hard Knocks, all qbs are expected to contribute insight to team meetings as Colt McCoy certainly did. It’s nothing to write home about, really.

On a totally different topic, is this you?

Because that was a pretty good comp video.
Yes that's me.

I've been doing them for 13 years now. They were pretty bad early I've gotten better as they years went on.

My point RE Lance isn't that he requires special credit for contributing. Rather, I'm a bit dumbfounded why you criticize him for contributing.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yes that's me.

I've been doing them for 13 years now. They were pretty bad early I've gotten better as they years went on.

My point RE Lance isn't that he requires special credit for contributing. Rather, I'm a bit dumbfounded why you criticize him for contributing.
I don’t criticize him for being present and making Himself useful, or being an ear. However, that doesn’t usually merit any special attention.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I don’t criticize him for being present and making Himself useful, or being an ear. However, that doesn’t usually merit any special attention.
Right...buuuuuut....

...you have been the one on this site calling him out for just being in pictures and celebrating with his teammates.

Its never added up. Nobody here is trying to make a big deal about him being present in a positive light. Its what he SHOULD do.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Right...buuuuuut....

...you have been the one on this site calling him out for just being in pictures and celebrating with his teammates.

Its never added up. Nobody here is trying to make a big deal about him being present in a positive light. Its what he SHOULD do.

The 49ers went out of their way to promote that while JimmyG was presumably around also.

It was a clear attempt to rah rah the fans into Lance the QBOTF By the 49ers, that’s all. And they stopped it two weeks later.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The 49ers went out of their way to promote that while JimmyG was presumably around also.

It was a clear attempt to rah rah the fans into Lance the QBOTF By the 49ers, that’s all. And they stopped it two weeks later.
Yeah....really not buying any of that.

Anyway...doesn't matter.

bileever

Reaction score
Yes that's me.

It's just trash talking, that's all. We understand that it's nonsensical, but just having a little fun. Our desire for the 49ers to fail knows no bounds.

bileever

Reaction score
and that's why you need 49er fans on here to take offense!
Yes, absolutely! I've seen the hate on the 49ers' message boards against the seadogs, seahags and seachickens. I think the vitriol against the Seahawks is much worse there than the 49ers hate here, which is quite tame. Half of the Seahawks fans are in love with Kyle Shanahan, while 100% of the 49ers fans hate Pete Carroll.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely! I've seen the hate on the 49ers' message boards against the seadogs, seahags and seachickens. I think the vitriol against the Seahawks is much worse there than the 49ers hate here, which is quite tame. Half of the Seahawks fans are in love with Kyle Shanahan, while 100% of the 49ers fans hate Pete Carroll.
Sports hate = jealousy. Warriors were lovable losers with great fans until 2015. 49er fans are very salty about the 2010's when ya'll were continuously crushing our hopes. You can afford to be more magnanimous because you've been in a rebuild (until last year) while the 49ers have enjoyed some success.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I fear your Trey Lance obsession has gotten chronic!

On a more serious note, I can see why they'd carry 3 QBs but why 4? Very odd, but you'd think if Purdy isn't ready there'd at least be a competition for who gets to start?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I fear your Trey Lance obsession has gotten chronic!

On a more serious note, I can see why they'd carry 3 QBs but why 4? Very odd, but you'd think if Purdy isn't ready there'd at least be a competition for who gets to start?

The 49ers have often Stashed a qb4 on ps.

Im really curious how Brandon wasn’t signed before Trace McSorley, Nathan Peterman, Tim Boyle, David Blough, Jeff Driskel, etc.